Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mrussel1 said:
    Visiting the 8/15/95 Live at Red Rocks set. I don't think I've listened to this one entirely. Sounds pretty good!
    The vinyl? Chris Bellman mastered.  It sounds fantastic to me.  Also my favorite version of Recently. 

Nope, on Spotify. I had the set from RSD some years ago but sold it to someone on here. Holy smokes, their drummer is AMAZING. They have a ton of those Live Trax sets on Spotify. Going to have to have a listen. Not sure I gave DMB a fair shake back in the day.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Good lord, 'Drive in, Drive Out' at Red Rocks? SO MUCH RHYTHM!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:
    Visiting the 8/15/95 Live at Red Rocks set. I don't think I've listened to this one entirely. Sounds pretty good!
    The vinyl? Chris Bellman mastered.  It sounds fantastic to me.  Also my favorite version of Recently. 

Nope, on Spotify. I had the set from RSD some years ago but sold it to someone on here. Holy smokes, their drummer is AMAZING. They have a ton of those Live Trax sets on Spotify. Going to have to have a listen. Not sure I gave DMB a fair shake back in the day.

Vol 7
    Vol 1
    Vol 8
    Vol 13
    Vol 16
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:

Carter Beauford is an amazing drummer.  And give Stephan (bass) his due too.  The rhythm section of the band allows so much exploration, solos, meandering by the rest of the band.  They make everything sound so tight no matter what. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    VERY tight band
  • mrussel1 said:

It took me a while to really appreciate DMB, but being a drummer, Carter is what really pulled me in.  Now they are one of my top 2 or 3 bands.  Check out some of the newer live shows.  The kicked the violin player and added new keyboard player.  There is so much good stuff of theirs out there. 
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    can we please just get a repress of before these crowded streets on vinyl
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    can we please just get a repress of before these crowded streets on vinyl
    No shit. Everyone was convinced it was going to happen in 2018, like Crash was at 20 years.  Disappointing. 
    MedozK said:
    VERY tight band

There it is. No doubt.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I think the last record getting finished delayed the Crowded streets reissue. I wonder if they are pushing it to a 25th anniversary now. Because it certainly seems like theres a new record out next year. SO no reissue then either.
    Also, we need Some Devil pressed. And include Cigarette Lit on it.

Also, we need Some Devil pressed. And include Cigarette Lit on it.

Heck yes.  Some Devil was excellent. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Luther College is great. Little Timmy (as my wife and I call him) is the shit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I received live trax vol.7 on vinyl today and mine is numbered 1. I would never sell it but just curious if it’s worth more to have number 1 or if there is anything special about it?  Thanks 
    I received live trax vol.7 on vinyl today and mine is numbered 1. I would never sell it but just curious if it’s worth more to have number 1 or if there is anything special about it?  Thanks 
    I didn't even know about Live Trax 7 and I'm on the mail list.  Bizarre.
    mrussel1 said:
    I received live trax vol.7 on vinyl today and mine is numbered 1. I would never sell it but just curious if it’s worth more to have number 1 or if there is anything special about it?  Thanks 

7 is incredible. Probably the best of the series. 
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Where was it sold?  I can't find it on the Warehouse or anywhere.  And yes, Hampton is awesome.  I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's a great one.  Much better than Fenway which I thought was a poor performance.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Where was it sold?  I can't find it on the Warehouse or anywhere.  And yes, Hampton is awesome.  I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's a great one.  Much better than Fenway which I thought was a poor performance.
    They did a pre-sale for the colored vinyl versions. I am waiting it out, I have all the others on black vinyl, so don't want to mess that up, I would think they will repress them on black at some point like they have the others.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They did a pre-sale for the colored vinyl versions. I am waiting it out, I have all the others on black vinyl, so don't want to mess that up, I would think they will repress them on black at some point like they have the others.
    I'm a long time warehouse member.  I do not remember getting an email for this.  Maybe I just didn't look into hard enough when something came. But I usually do.
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fenway was very meh. And then the added crowd noise almost makes it unlistenable. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Glad to see DMB getting some love here. Super-tight band that consistently tours, though if I had one complaint, it would be that the setlists sometimes don't flow very well. But still, definitely a top 5 touring band for sure.

It's my WH renewal month, and I think I'm dropping out. They're going all digital now with no decrease in price. Seniority doesn't really matter anymore, so if they announce a show that I want to go to, I can always rejoin for a shot at GA. I did the Gorge last year, but that's more of a bucket list once in a lifetime thing for me. So unless they do Red Rocks again, I think I'll just stick to local shows.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Glad to see DMB getting some love here. Super-tight band that consistently tours, though if I had one complaint, it would be that the setlists sometimes don't flow very well. But still, definitely a top 5 touring band for sure.

It's my WH renewal month, and I think I'm dropping out. They're going all digital now with no decrease in price. Seniority doesn't really matter anymore, so if they announce a show that I want to go to, I can always rejoin for a shot at GA. I did the Gorge last year, but that's more of a bucket list once in a lifetime thing for me. So unless they do Red Rocks again, I think I'll just stick to local shows.
    I'm not suggesting to stay or leave, but the one thing I will say is that I have never had an issue getting GA or GREAT seats for shows as a non WH member. I currently am one, but there's not too much I benefit from as a WHer.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:

I'm not suggesting to stay or leave, but the one thing I will say is that I have never had an issue getting GA or GREAT seats for shows as a non WH member. I currently am one, but there's not too much I benefit from as a WHer.
    Where do you see shows and get GA without paying scalp?  Here in VA, that's difficult. 
    They always seem to release tour dates within a few dates of my WH renewal. Well, back when concerts were a thing. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The good thing is they allow people to join after the dates are announced, so I'll use that approach going forward. The 2021 stops, if I'm not mistaken, are the same as what 2020 was supposed to be, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had to push them back again until 2022.

And not to sound cynical or whatever, but going all digital "to minimize environmental impacts," I'll remember that when they announce the next LT vinyl release. I always liked getting the yearly membership package, even if a lot of members thought they were junk.
    Disilluzion indeed.
    The good thing is they allow people to join after the dates are announced, so I'll use that approach going forward. The 2021 stops, if I'm not mistaken, are the same as what 2020 was supposed to be, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had to push them back again until 2022.

And not to sound cynical or whatever, but going all digital "to minimize environmental impacts," I'll remember that when they announce the next LT vinyl release. I always liked getting the yearly membership package, even if a lot of members thought they were junk.

The yearly package was good for the live singles, not the other gifts that were included.
    Jumb0 said:

The yearly package was good for the live singles, not the other gifts that were included.
    What??? This isn't worth $40?
    I'm still pissed I don't get emails when the LT boxes are released!  How does that not happen?

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:

I'm still pissed I don't get emails when the LT boxes are released!  How does that not happen?

Could be anything from the emails going into junk/spam, to a different email address being registered for the comms, to you having unsubscribed to their comms. 

Just re-register for the email comms and you’ll be good to go. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Could be anything from the emails going into junk/spam, to a different email address being registered for the comms, to you having unsubscribed to their comms. 

Just re-register for the email comms and you’ll be good to go. 
    They had no issues emailing me my renewal notice two weeks ago