Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Trudeau and the liberals are chinas lapdog...

Image may contain text that says Among the recipients of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Air China Bank of China Canada China Business Council China Mobile China Southern Airlines First China Tobacco Co Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Petrochina Source Government of Canada CEWS Employer Search How did the Liberals allow China-based China- companies to recieve CANADIAN relief money SR  CML
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Trudeau and the liberals are chinas lapdog...

Image may contain text that says Among the recipients of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Air China Bank of China Canada China Business Council China Mobile China Southern Airlines First China Tobacco Co Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Petrochina Source Government of Canada CEWS Employer Search How did the Liberals allow China-based China- companies to recieve CANADIAN relief money SR  CML
    Did they use the money to pay wages to Canadians, as per the rationale  for the program? 

If so, I have no problem with it. If you have evidence that they didn’t, post it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited December 2020
    nm
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm far more peeved that white nationalist organizations obtained CEWS funds.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/paul-fromm-white-nationalist-covid-19-relief-funds-1.5852700
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Happy New Year all

and Jason Kenney starts the year off as the double talking weasel that he is. Do as we say, not as we do 

this guy will never be PM who he coincidentally makes the same criticisms of

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2021
    Letter I sent to Tracy Allard upon learning she decided to take a “family vacation” in Hawaii. I encourage any other Albertan to send your own email to grandeprairie@assembly.ab.ca

Let us all tell her what we had to give up. She should be rightfully admonished for her actions. 

Re: Tracey Allard trip to Hawaii
    To whom it may concern,

I have no political affiliation. I vote for the party I believe will lead us in the right direction. 
    Having said that I would like to inform how disappointed I was to learn a member of MY provincial government decided it was acceptable to take a vacation in another country while the rest of us law-abiding citizens did what was asked. Stayed home. Did not visit with other friends or family. 
    How out of touch can politicians be? The premier takes blame for not explicitly telling his caucus to stay home? I am not is government but I think this member of the legislature wanted to take this vacation and hope to “not get caught”.  Now the premier it sweeping this under the rug. 
    I can tell you for certain I will not forget during the next election. 
    Some of things I have had to give up for the better of society as a result of the pandemic:
    - trip to Denver, Phoenix and San Diego last spring
    - Trip to Italy, England, Slovakia and Hungary last summer
    - Spending Xmas without my mother or in-laws
    - no celebration of life for my brother in law who passed away last March
    - no visit to my grandmother 
    Those are the things off the top of my head. You see, I am employed by the largest privately owned transmission company in Canada. I know my responsibility is to ensure that I do not get the virus and inadvertently infect the workers responsible for ensuring power stays on for all Albertans. That includes the hospitals and those front-line workers who are over-worked, tired and asking (no begging) for our help. 
    That is called responsibility, which this member of the legislature showed absolutely none of. 
    I wonder what would have happened to me if I went to Europe for a couple weeks last summer and came back to work and tried to “not get caught”.  How is the government any different than the private sector? How can she keep her job? 
    I’ve used my democratic right and have spoken out. My voice will be loud and clear during the next political election.  

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited January 2021
    up to 5 elected and 3 high ranking members of the UCP so far.....

and they are not the only party or province, ALL people in positions of power should be scrutinized and sanctioned accordingly 
    this is why politicians get a bad wrap

Post edited by erebus on
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II

Give Peas A Chance…

lol. that's actually pretty funny
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Disappointed to see this, feels like a witch hunt is creeping north.  Sloan's story is plausible to me, and short of clear evidence to the contrary there's zero presumption of innocence.  I didn't like when Trudeau turfed people from his caucus for mere allegations, disappointed O'Toole is operating the same way.

O'Toole says he wants to eject Derek Sloan from caucus after donation from white nationalist | CBC News
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Disappointed to see this, feels like a witch hunt is creeping north.  Sloan's story is plausible to me, and short of clear evidence to the contrary there's zero presumption of innocence.  I didn't like when Trudeau turfed people from his caucus for mere allegations, disappointed O'Toole is operating the same way.

O'Toole says he wants to eject Derek Sloan from caucus after donation from white nationalist | CBC News
    This isn't the only shitty thing about Sloan. Should have been booted from the party awhile ago. Cons are never going to win with clowns like him in the party.
    dignin said:

This isn't the only shitty thing about Sloan. Should have been booted from the party awhile ago. Cons are never going to win with clowns like him in the party.
    I agree that Sloan has issues, but this doesn’t feel right to me. As the article points out it was a fairly small dollar value and the name was different from Fromm’s usually used name so I buy Sloan’s explanation of an honest mistake. If they want to get rid of him for his views then do that, not this guilt-by-tenuous-association.

Why is Sloan still a member of the PC Party?

Doug Ford kicked out a member of the Ontario PC Caucus pretty quick.  Why is O’Tool taking this long.  

Sloan is a POS...

agree with dignity.  You can not win with these types in your party.  He is not the only who should get the boot from the PC Party...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The Governor General is resigning ... good riddance to that bullying bitch...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Perry Bellegarde would make a good Governor General...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Palette said people experience things different...what a stupid bitch.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Why do we even have one?  It's a ceremonial position that doesn't do much?  Cut the fat?
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    O,o,o! Pick me!!! I know this one from a Canadian law class...

Zod said:
    Why do we even have one?  It's a ceremonial position that doesn't do much?  Cut the fat?
    Agreed.  It’s time Canada put its big boy pants and cut ties from the Queen...

but if we are to have one, is it to much to ask the prime minister to properly vet candidates.

Give Peas A Chance…
    tish said:
    O,o,o! Pick me!!! I know this one from a Canadian law class...

I think that missed the point.  It's a ceremonial position.  It doesn't do anything.  The governor general is the queens representative and rubber stamps legislation, but we don't really need that at all.   They don't not pass the laws, you could easily skip that step and save a bunch of taxpayer money.

Sort of like how our senate doesn't really do much but rubber stamp legislation.
    Barbados is even putting on their big boy pants and dumping the queen as head of state.  Why does Canada want be associated with the shitheads in the royal family...they are creepy and leech off society...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Barbados is even putting on their big boy pants and dumping the queen as head of state.  Why does Canada want be associated with the shitheads in the royal family...they are creepy and leech off society...

It's probably in the convoluted way we became a country.   We were a Dominion until 1982 when we repatriated the constitution, created the charter of rights and freedoms, and became a country.  I think we kept all the old constitution documents (like the BNA act).. so basically when we chose to become a country we never really tided up our laws.

Not like America that kicked out the British and started from scratch :)
    Zod said:

It's probably in the convoluted way we became a country.   We were a Dominion until 1982 when we repatriated the constitution, created the charter of rights and freedoms, and became a country.  I think we kept all the old constitution documents (like the BNA act).. so basically when we chose to become a country we never really tided up our laws.

No shit. Your google skills are a+.

Give Peas A Chance…
    I live I live in Southern Ontario and our local 1st nations are Caldwell.  Just recently they purchased over 200 in Leamington Ontario bringing Essex county its first reserve ...

I am so looking forward to visiting their reserve.

This is the 1st new reserve in Canada 🇨🇦 in over 200 years.

Give Peas A Chance…
    Zod said:

Still making friends around here I see. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Zod said:

Actually that was from inside my head... but I can't tell if I was so inaccurate you were just goading? :)
    I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones bothered by the appearance of this group's attack ads against the Conservatives/Erin O'Toole.  The article points out how the ads are playing fast and easy with the truth, qualifying these ads as disinformation.  Wonder if Trudeau will call this "noise" as well?

About (worsttimeotoole.ca)

New advocacy group launches pre-election ad campaign against O'Toole, Conservatives | Kamloops This Week

Give Peas A Chance…