******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Right now they'd be playing to tie with a FG or win. Thanks, Doug.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sanders must have wronged Doug in some bad way.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Poncier said:
    And another mind numbingly stupid decision by your coach to take a PAT off the board and go for 2, now down 6 instead of 5. No chart anywhere says go for 2 when you just scored to get within 6.
    Down 5 you win with 2 FGs, down 6 you only go to OT.
    Down 5 you are still in a one possession game if your opponent kicks a FG. Down 6 you end up down 2 scores if that happens.
    I'd have fired him right then and there. 

even tho you give me a constant ration of shit.....sounds like you’re on to something here.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Hurts was definitely better this week than last week. Good not great but nice to see them give him a chance to throw the ball downfield. Saw some good things for sure.  No turnovers is nice even if he did fumble 4 times.  Nice to see Quez Watkins making plays.  Reagor is making some nice progress too but went out with an injury. Hopefully he is able to play the last 2.  Still not quite sure why Jeffrey is getting so much time but I guess he was ok yesterday.  Seems like Marcus Epps makes some plays when at safety.  D-backs competed nicely against the Cards receivers.  nice to see another team have some bad turnovers. Only 2nd time all season we had that happen.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited December 2020
    Man, Hurts is just fun to watch. Another good performance.

Second straight week the team has looked much better than they did with Wentz back there (strange how this happens literally every time Wentz has been hurt or benched-- lol). I liked how he was not afraid to challenge Peterson literally all game long. Kid's got some balls.

Goedert should've caught that first one in the end zone.

Miles Sanders is awesome and needs way more carries.

Aqib Talib is the fucking worst.

Go Birds.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    BTW that's two weeks in a row in the 20s, after going over a month not breaking out of the teens.
    And 3rd time in 5 years the offense has played better after Wentz got hurt or was benched. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2020
    The over hype of Hurts is kind of baffling.  Is it just because some media members and fans dislike Wentz so much? He has played well for a rookie but his completion % at the current rate would be the worst in the league. yes even worse than Wentz's.   He's done some good things but to say after 2 games he should be the starter next year is a bit premature in my opinion.  The question is is his upside higher than Wentz's?  After two more games maybe we have a better answer to that but I don't necessarily think it has been answered just yet. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The over hype is understandable.  Get what you can for Wentz but please don't trade him to the 49ers. 
    Eagles (as pointed out here) improve when Wentz goes out.
    Guy who claimed Wentz was great about 6 weeks ago is baffled by the hype of Jalen Hurts.

Gotta love it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2020
    Guy who claimed Wentz was great about 6 weeks ago is baffled by the hype of Jalen Hurts.

Gotta love it. 
    First off I didn't fucking say Wentz was great 6 week ago.  I said Wentz has been great before and I suspect he will be again.  At no point during this season did I say Wentz played great THIS YEAR.  So don't fucking mis-represent something I said.  And Hurts has been better but not by a whole lot other than turnovers.  His completion percentage is actually worse than Carson's.  He has been good, but not great. So what did I say above that is wrong? Are you really suggesting that after 2 games, a worse completion percentage than Carson you are ready to turn the page and go with Hurts for the future? It's that kind of thinking that had idiots wanting Nick Foles over Carson as well.  It's jumping the gun when there is zero reason to declare who will be the starter next year. It's idiotic but also par for the course for the Philly media and fan base.
    edited December 2020
    In October you said he was already better than McNabb, who you believe should be in the Hall of Fame. You typically have to be considered a great player to be in the hall of fame. 

But, sure, go ahead and make fun of other Eagles fans for their takes.....sheesh. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2020
    In October you said he was already better than McNabb, who you believe should be in the Hall of Fame. You typically have to be considered a great player to be in the hall of fame. 

But, sure, go ahead and make fun of other Eagles fans for their takes.....sheesh. 

But of course you missed the whole point of my original skepticism.  Two ok to good games and idiots are drawing conclusions Hurts is the QB next year and better than Wentz. Why is that conclusion being drawn at this point, it’s fucking stupid but typical of Eagles fans and media

efit: and you still don’t understand the difference between accomplishments and talent
    edited December 2020
    pjhawks said:

But of course you missed the whole point of my original skepticism.  Two ok to good games and idiots are drawing conclusions Hurts is the QB next year and better than Wentz. Why is that conclusion being drawn at this point, it’s fucking stupid but typical of Eagles fans and media

efit: and you still don’t understand the difference between accomplishments and talent
    No I didn't. You, as usual, don't understand others points of view and respond irrationally. 

You've have had 5 years of Wentz not living up to expectations (he was not "good" for the last four as you wrongly suggested earlier) and ultimately bottoming out as the worst quarterback in football this year despite getting paid as if he is one of the best qb's in the game. Plus every year you have stories leaked out talking about how bad of a teammate he is and questioning his leadership skills, and not listening to coaching. And of course the team always plays better without him than with him....

On the other hand, they drafted Hurts in the 2nd round so he has an unbelievably good contract and has shown lots of promise in two games against two of the best defenses in the league. And the offense has clearly played much better with him under center. If he can continue this for the last two games, that definitely gives you more reason for optimism.

To suggest that Hurts is definitely the qb of the future is foolish. Nobody is saying that. But if you add everything up, it makes more sense to take Wentz's bad contract on the chin and roll with Hurts next year on a rebuilding team. They would avoid the nightmare scenario of bringing them both back only to have Wentz lose the competition in camp/preseason. He'd be the most expensive back up in football history and his value would be even lower than it is currently. And if he won, he would constantly be looking over his shoulder and we will be in a never ending qb controversy.

edit- you do not put non great players in the hall of fame. So, yes, you thought Wentz was great as recently as October. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

No I didn't. You, as usual, don't understand others points of view and respond irrationally. 

You've have had 5 years of Wentz not living up to expectations (he was not "good" for the last four as you wrongly suggested earlier) and ultimately bottoming out as the worst quarterback in football this year despite getting paid as if he is one of the best qb's in the game. Plus every year you have stories leaked out talking about how bad of a teammate he is and questioning his leadership skills, and not listening to coaching. And of course the team always plays better without him than with him....

On the other hand, they drafted Hurts in the 2nd round so he has an unbelievably good contract and has shown lots of promise in two games against two of the best defenses in the league. And the offense has clearly played much better with him under center. If he can continue this for the last two games, that definitely gives you more reason for optimism.

To suggest that Hurts is definitely the qb of the future is foolish. Nobody is saying that. But if you add everything up, it makes more sense to take Wentz's bad contract on the chin and roll with Hurts next year on a rebuilding team. They would avoid the nightmare scenario of bringing them both back only to have Wentz lose the competition in camp/preseason. He'd be the most expensive back up in football history and his value would be even lower than it is currently. And if he won, he would constantly be looking over his shoulder and we will be in a never ending qb controversy.

edit- you do not put non great players in the hall of fame. So, yes, you thought Wentz was great as recently as October. 
    Good to see you weren't paying attention from the beginning.  No need to apologize though I expect little. Regarding the bolded above, my original post about Hurts being over hyped was in direct response to the article JearlPam posted from the Athletic that had the headline...wait for it...just a minute...see below...so yea someone has suggested that about Hurts.  

"The day after: Jalen Hurts is the Eagles’ quarterback for now and the future"
    edited December 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Good to see you weren't paying attention from the beginning.  No need to apologize though I expect little. Regarding the bolded above, my original post about Hurts being over hyped was in direct response to the article JearlPam posted from the Athletic that had the headline...wait for it...just a minute...see below...so yea someone has suggested that about Hurts.  

The fuck is wrong with you, 'Takes? Its literally the second sentence before you even hit the pay wall. Maybe read the article and not just the headline. Jesus...

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

The fuck is wrong with you, 'Takes? Its literally the second sentence before you even hit the pay wall. Maybe read the article and not just the headline. Jesus...

I read the headline, i don't pay for that shit.  so yea someone did suggest it as the headline states. what the fuck is wrong with you? you said no one suggested it. the headline suggests it. so yea.. do you really expect me to read 4 lines of an article that I can't finish. who the fuck does that?  
    edited December 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I read the headline, i don't pay for that shit.  so yea someone did suggest it as the headline states. what the fuck is wrong with you? you said no one suggested it. the headline suggests it. so yea...
    Dude. Stop. You're making arguments based on a headline to a story you did not even read (and you don't have to pay to read the first couple paragraphs anyway).

Holy fucking shit. Merry Christmas. We're all dumber for having read this. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I read the headline, i don't pay for that shit.  so yea someone did suggest it as the headline states. what the fuck is wrong with you? you said no one suggested it. the headline suggests it. so yea...
    Dude. Stop. You're making arguments based on a headline to a story you did not even read (and you don't have to pay to read the first couple paragraphs anyway).

who reads 4 lines of an article they can't finish? seriously dude listen to yourself.

anyway yea Merry Christmas as well.  Stay safe.

pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

who reads 4 lines of an article they can't finish? seriously dude listen to yourself.

It's literally right below the headline. I mean you clicked the link to read the headline, right? Or are you just so lazy that you decided to start a dumb argument based upon reading a link that you didn't even bother click? (Actually.... yep, I think we have a bingo)

My god this is incredibly stupid. My apologies to anyone else reading along with this nonsense!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2020
    God dammit Jiggs, why did you make us read through that?
    :lol:
    Just kidding.

The Athletic is so frigging awesome.  Like Sportspages was back in the day but way easier to not only set up your own teams but to browse others teams and general stuff.

Hawks - you should get the free trial...if you like reading about sports it is the best thing out there right now, as far as I have seen.
    Just kidding.

The Athletic is so frigging awesome.  Like Sportspages was back in the day but way easier to not only set up your own teams but to browse others teams and general stuff.

Hawks - you should get the free trial...if you like reading about sports it is the best thing out there right now, as far as I have seen.
    Even better than the Juggler here? 
    edited December 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

It's literally right below the headline. I mean you clicked the link to read the headline, right? Or are you just so lazy that you decided to start a dumb argument based upon reading a link that you didn't even bother click? (Actually.... yep, I think we have a bingo)

My god this is incredibly stupid. My apologies to anyone else reading along with this nonsense!!
    It’s right there in the link wording so yea didn’t need to click it .  Yes agree declaring Hurts the QB now and the future is dumb. He may be but the only point I’ve been making is why are we jumping to that conclusion after 2 games?  Either agree or disagree with that assessment.  That’s all 

Mike Sieliski had a good article today with a quiz on two game stretches by Eagles QBs.  Interesting to see some of the slop who played really well in short spurts for this team.  Not saying Hurts isn’t a lot better than some of that slop but you know as I said maybe a tad over hyped so far for how he has actually played.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    bring back the :popcorn: guy!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks said:
    Just kidding.

Even better than the Juggler here? 
    Well that is a good question.
    Not much can top our Juggler!
    Just kidding.

Hahaha....hey if I have to deal with him, you guys have to at least read the lunacy. 

Yeah, The Athletic is the pinnacle of sports journalism right now. If you like sports, I don’t know why you wouldn’t have a subscription. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Just kidding.

The Athletic is the ONLY Sports 'script that I'll pay for. Worth every penny for the reasons  you said^^^
    cutz said:
    Just kidding.

The Athletic is the ONLY Sports 'script that I'll pay for. Worth every penny for the reasons  you said^^^
    I do also pay for the Sunday Inquirer and acces to their website. But for the sports coverage doesn’t compare to The Athletic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So Desean and Alshon are both playing tomorrow? lol 

Come on!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You guys seeing Agholar going off for Vegas?  Dude has been really crazy out there.