• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Big Red Machine 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Loujoe said:

Yes! I love this record!
    It's a great one. Some serious flute/sax jams. Happy I dropped the needle on this sucker tonight.
    Loujoe said:
    It's a great one. Some serious flute/sax jams. Happy I dropped the needle on this sucker tonight.
    Very musical
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Loujoe said:

I have this one. It is awesome. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

MedozK said:

Verdict?
    edited December 2020
    Very good. Really good mix of music. Sounded really good, it will be one of the first ones I play on my new set-up come Christmas.

If all the classic tracks, that standout for me is Aaron Neville's 'Please Come Home For Christmas', GREAT sounding version.
    Post edited by MedozK on

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:

I have this one. It is awesome. 
    Yes it is

John Butler-Home (awesome sounding record)
    MedozK said:
    Very good. Really good mix of music. Sounded really good, it will be one of the first ones I play on my new set-up come Christmas.

If all the classic tracks, that standout for me is Aaron Neville's 'Please Come Home For Christmas', GREAT sounding version.
    Ok cool.  I read that a two songs were really poor masters.  Did you find that to be the case?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

edited December 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Ok cool.  I read that a two songs were really poor masters.  Did you find that to be the case?
    Well the best sources are probably hard to come by on some, the only one I really noticed was Rudolph by Gene Autry is a rough transfer, sounded almost like a 78 transfer, but I would need to give the whole album another listen to give you better info. The rest sounded great as best as I remember. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Christmas gift from a friend. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Well the best sources are probably hard to come by on some, the only one I really noticed was Rudolph by Gene Autry is a rough transfer, sounded almost like a 78 transfer, but I would need to give the whole album another listen to give you better info. The rest sounded great as best as I remember. 
    No worries, that's enough info for me.  I'll probably end up getting it shortly.