I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Super,  super happy with these finds today.  1972 original US Richmond Unipack Exile that is super clean and literally no pops.  This is now my best version of the record, beating out another Richmond i have,  but has a some noise in the opening of Sweet Virginia.

Also an op of the classic Winwood solo record.  I'm a huge fan of everything he does. 

Awesome, and I know your a Stones guy. And, if you don't have room on your shelves anymore for that other copy.....  ;)
    Got an original Sticky Fingers?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Super,  super happy with these finds today.  1972 original US Richmond Unipack Exile that is super clean and literally no pops.  This is now my best version of the record, beating out another Richmond i have,  but has a some noise in the opening of Sweet Virginia.

Also an op of the classic Winwood solo record.  I'm a huge fan of everything he does. 

Awesome, and I know your a Stones guy. And, if you don't have room on your shelves anymore for that other copy.....  ;)
    No, I have really never had luck finding anything not destroyed out in the wild. I just have reissues of the big 4 albums.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I saw a copy of Sticky Fingers last week with the working zipper on the cover. But the vinyl was shot. I think they were selling it for $10. 
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I saw a copy of Sticky Fingers last week with the working zipper on the cover. But the vinyl was shot. I think they were selling it for $10. 
    Yeah that's the problem with it.  I had an OG that was decent, but missing zipper.  I ended up gifting it.  I regret it.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, I have really never had luck finding anything not destroyed out in the wild. I just have reissues of the big 4 albums.
    The Let it Bleed and Beggars from Clearly Vinyl are decent.  I think Exile and Sticky are crappy.  I promised my son my extra copy but next time I see one, I'll send it to you.  I find them around here for some reason.  I've had at least four, plus an excellent 1977.  I've sent one to my brother, another to another friend, etc.  Anytime I'm in a store, I always look for it. 
    Oh and the recent Some Girls is terrible.  Find an original US of that and hang on to it.  So much better. 
    edited December 2020
    Yea, I NEVER find any Stones records in good condition. Guess people got their moneys worth when they got em originally. lol
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh and the recent Some Girls is terrible.  Find an original US of that and hang on to it.  So much better. 
    I think I have an early Some Girls. The cover has the cut outs. I don’t have the one with the movie stars, but it still has the cut outs. I think the later ones don’t. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I wonder how many other lps jackets that zipper damaged. I'm always careful where that one sits. Great record.
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I think I have an early Some Girls. The cover has the cut outs. I don’t have the one with the movie stars, but it still has the cut outs. I think the later ones don’t. 
    Yeah sounds like you have a second pressing I believe.  They had the cutouts with the movie stars to start, then removed them.  The reissue from this year just has colored blobs where those people were, and the sleeve isn't removable.  I have three copies, started with an original from a store, but it's noisy.  Bought the reissue that was released this year hoping it would be good enough, but it wasn't.  But then I lucked upon a Presswell original in VG+ easy and it just explodes, really a great sounding record.  
    edited December 2020
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I wonder how many other lps jackets that zipper damaged. I'm always careful where that one sits. Great record.
    Yea, that's why I put one of those cardboard inserts that you ship records with next to it on my shelf to help keep the zipper from damaging other covers.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Kind of Blue MFSL 45 RPM box set back in stock. 

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl2-45-011.htm
    mrussel1 said:

Get 'em while you can.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Get 'em while you can.
    I have one.. but admittedly I just bought another. 
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Get 'em while you can.
    lol, Hoarder
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Get 'em while you can.
    lol, Hoarder
    Ha!  No I think I'm going to send my open one to my brother.  I definitely have a habit of buying extra copies of things that I worry will be gone forever. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MedozK said:
    Yea, I NEVER find any Stones records in good condition. Guess people got their moneys worth when they got em originally. lol
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited December 2020
    Danny & Dusty, Cast Iron Soul
    Another very cool Steve Wynn album, and the second Danny & Dusty record (Steve Wynn and Dan Stuart).  The first one- The Lost Weekend- came out in 1985, this one 2006.  Nice Blue Rose Records pressing.  Danny & Dusty, Older, wiser, excellent!

My favorite song so far (I just love this song!):

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Came across a sidewalk sale while I was out walking today. This was in great shape. The internal booklet was all there and the vinyl was decent. I have bought a few records from this same guy in the past. He seems to take good care of his vinyl. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    GlowGirl said:

Came across a sidewalk sale while I was out walking today. This was in great shape. The internal booklet was all there and the vinyl was decent. I have bought a few records from this same guy in the past. He seems to take good care of his vinyl. 

Score! 
    That's such a great collection. One of my earliest record purchases. 
    I spent hours listen to that record, pouring over the photos.  I begged my mom to buy me some wide-wale chords like Brian's, a paisley shirt like Mick's and striped pants like Keith's.  Never got the striped pants but she did get me wide wale-chords and a paisley shirt.  Good times!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Ok this one is a bit different for me,  but I like expanding the horizons. 6 lp 45 rpm

edited December 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Ok this one is a bit different for me,  but I like expanding the horizons. 6 lp 45 rpm

Nice, a big percentage of my classical collection is on CD. Pretty much for the clear background noise. Let us know how it sounds, should really test dynamics.

Edit: DAMN just looked this up, it should sound phenomenal. Expensive, but again in the audiophile world, you get what you pay for.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Score! 
    That's such a great collection. One of my earliest record purchases. 
    I spent hours listen to that record, pouring over the photos.  I begged my mom to buy me some wide-wale chords like Brian's, a paisley shirt like Mick's and striped pants like Keith's.  Never got the striped pants but she did get me wide wale-chords and a paisley shirt.  Good times!
    I love when music can bring back good memories. Do you still have the outfit  ;)
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice, a big percentage of my classical collection is on CD. Pretty much for the clear background noise. Let us know how it sounds, should really test dynamics.

Edit: DAMN just looked this up, it should sound phenomenal. Expensive, but again in the audiophile world, you get what you pay for.
    Yes it sounds amazing.  You can hear Starker breathe in between passages or after he finishes a really intensive part.  And yeah, it was pricey but I ended up getting it for $130 after the 15 percent coupon + a store credit I had.  Gorgeous presentation on the box, gatefolds, etc. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:

talk about a rabbit hole...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:

talk about a rabbit hole...
    Yes, but I'm pretty much through any discovery on rock and roll.  So I've moved heavily into jazz and now some classical.
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes it sounds amazing.  You can hear Starker breathe in between passages or after he finishes a really intensive part.  And yeah, it was pricey but I ended up getting it for $130 after the 15 percent coupon + a store credit I had.  Gorgeous presentation on the box, gatefolds, etc. 
    Awesome!

Doing my part to keep my local record store in business.