Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Police abuse

1156157158159160162»

Comments

  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 25,314
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    i just don't fucking understand this "suspended with pay" bullshit. if I beat up someone at work, fucking hell if I'd be suspended with pay for a fucking year. a year off with pay? PUT UP YOUR DUKES ASSHOLE. 
    Suspended with pay makes sense for an ongoing investigation. But once you're found to be at fault, its just like free vacation. 
    Not where I work two people fight it doesn’t matter who started they are both shown the door ! 
    I'm guessing that's a private organization with little risk of accusations. Jobs like police and even teachers need protection. All police shootings should be investigated, but the cop shouldn't lose pay in the meantime. Accusations against teachers should be investigated, but same thing applies. I don't think the typical job needs the same protections that police, teachers and some others do.
    Cops should be suspended without pay.  If later they are found not guilty then they can get back pay...

    Otherwise the cop and the crooked lawyer will just bleed the system.  Here in Ontario cops are suspended with pay....which is complete BS.
    So cops and who else "guilty until proven innocent" doesn't apply to?
    That's just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure every police dept has an investigation after every police shooting.  A cop can be in the hospital fighting for his life because he got ambushed and shot then returned fire, and you take his pay away until the investigation, which can take weeks or months, is complete? SO while he's fighting for his life in the hospital, his wife and kids lose their house, struggle to pay for food. Makes sense. 

    This way of thinking totally makes sense in today’s day in age.  Police have become the scapegoat for all the problems with Society in this new WOKE world.  I don’t know how Cops continue to show up to work and lay their lives on the line for such a ungrateful warped society most are faced with on a daily basis, especially in urban areas where they are needed the most.  But you know....BLM

    I would agree with this. I wouldn't have been the first t say it here because it would get taken out of context and you'd be called racist.
    I don't agree it has the democratic connection that you later followed up with though. But crime is higher in minority communities, People will try to disagree, but its a fact that is easily checked. Look at Brentwood vs South Central LA, Southside Chicago, etc. Minority communities have a higher crime rate. I guess you could argue minorities are more for democrats, but that's an indirect link. And it does seem like the areas where police are needed more they are hated the most. I will probably never forget those 2 cops who were ambushed about 2 months ago in LA, and seeing the video of witnesses cheering on the shooter and then laughing at the 2 cops and they try to bandage their head wounds and call for help. Literally laughing at them for being shot in the head in an ambush, I guess its lucky for them there were so many cameras of the shooting, or they'd have to lose pay for the crime of being ambushed until the investigation was complete. 
    I don't think it is a direct link to race and crime, it has more to do with poverty, low income, poor education, single or even zero parent households than race. But all those factors are linked to race unfortunately. 
    to these minority communities, cops are not the heroes we hold them as in white suburbia. to call these people ungrateful is fucked up to say the least. 

    if people like linda had any fucking clue what these people go through, they wouldn't be propping all cops up as the victims here. they are part of the system that has oppressed these people for decades.  
    I think theres more to it than part of a system. I think self-fulfilling phrophecy also plays a role. They think they will get treated differently, so they act differently, and therefore get treated differently. Not saying the system is perfect, but there's a lot of misleading information out there as well. When the evening news is telling kids to run away from cops because they will kill you if you let them place you in the back of a car, and that is what CNN said when Rayshard Brooks was shot, it creates this bigger problem. 
    Being ungrateful is fine, No one requires you to be grateful. But there is a huge difference between being ungrateful and cheering on the deaths of people because they wear a uniform, or even just going out and throwing Molotov cocktails and bricks at them, which has been allowed for months and is ridiculous. 
    i'd be cheering on the deaths of those in uniform too if people in that same uniform over the years were responsible for the deaths of my brothers and sisters. 
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    i just don't fucking understand this "suspended with pay" bullshit. if I beat up someone at work, fucking hell if I'd be suspended with pay for a fucking year. a year off with pay? PUT UP YOUR DUKES ASSHOLE. 
    Suspended with pay makes sense for an ongoing investigation. But once you're found to be at fault, its just like free vacation. 
    Not where I work two people fight it doesn’t matter who started they are both shown the door ! 
    I'm guessing that's a private organization with little risk of accusations. Jobs like police and even teachers need protection. All police shootings should be investigated, but the cop shouldn't lose pay in the meantime. Accusations against teachers should be investigated, but same thing applies. I don't think the typical job needs the same protections that police, teachers and some others do.
    Cops should be suspended without pay.  If later they are found not guilty then they can get back pay...

    Otherwise the cop and the crooked lawyer will just bleed the system.  Here in Ontario cops are suspended with pay....which is complete BS.
    So cops and who else "guilty until proven innocent" doesn't apply to?
    That's just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure every police dept has an investigation after every police shooting.  A cop can be in the hospital fighting for his life because he got ambushed and shot then returned fire, and you take his pay away until the investigation, which can take weeks or months, is complete? SO while he's fighting for his life in the hospital, his wife and kids lose their house, struggle to pay for food. Makes sense. 

    This way of thinking totally makes sense in today’s day in age.  Police have become the scapegoat for all the problems with Society in this new WOKE world.  I don’t know how Cops continue to show up to work and lay their lives on the line for such a ungrateful warped society most are faced with on a daily basis, especially in urban areas where they are needed the most.  But you know....BLM

    I would agree with this. I wouldn't have been the first t say it here because it would get taken out of context and you'd be called racist.
    I don't agree it has the democratic connection that you later followed up with though. But crime is higher in minority communities, People will try to disagree, but its a fact that is easily checked. Look at Brentwood vs South Central LA, Southside Chicago, etc. Minority communities have a higher crime rate. I guess you could argue minorities are more for democrats, but that's an indirect link. And it does seem like the areas where police are needed more they are hated the most. I will probably never forget those 2 cops who were ambushed about 2 months ago in LA, and seeing the video of witnesses cheering on the shooter and then laughing at the 2 cops and they try to bandage their head wounds and call for help. Literally laughing at them for being shot in the head in an ambush, I guess its lucky for them there were so many cameras of the shooting, or they'd have to lose pay for the crime of being ambushed until the investigation was complete. 
    I don't think it is a direct link to race and crime, it has more to do with poverty, low income, poor education, single or even zero parent households than race. But all those factors are linked to race unfortunately. 
    to these minority communities, cops are not the heroes we hold them as in white suburbia. to call these people ungrateful is fucked up to say the least. 

    if people like linda had any fucking clue what these people go through, they wouldn't be propping all cops up as the victims here. they are part of the system that has oppressed these people for decades.  
    I think theres more to it than part of a system. I think self-fulfilling phrophecy also plays a role. They think they will get treated differently, so they act differently, and therefore get treated differently. Not saying the system is perfect, but there's a lot of misleading information out there as well. When the evening news is telling kids to run away from cops because they will kill you if you let them place you in the back of a car, and that is what CNN said when Rayshard Brooks was shot, it creates this bigger problem. 
    Being ungrateful is fine, No one requires you to be grateful. But there is a huge difference between being ungrateful and cheering on the deaths of people because they wear a uniform, or even just going out and throwing Molotov cocktails and bricks at them, which has been allowed for months and is ridiculous. 
    i'd be cheering on the deaths of those in uniform too if people in that same uniform over the years were responsible for the deaths of my brothers and sisters. 
    Well here are 4 feel good stories for you to cheer on....Being WOKE is so confusing to me....
    https://abc13.com/houston-police-officers-killed-this-year-in-line-of-duty-area/7839146
    don't be daft. i'm not personally cheering any of that shit on. 

    I don't understand that mentality. Because a family member was killed by a cop I should cheer on the death of other cops? What if my brother got killed by a black man, you'd understand me cheering the deaths of other black men getting murdered? Of course not. But how is that thinking different? Condemning an entire group to death for the actions of a few.
    That isn't a healthy mentality to have, and its actually dangerous. It creates more hostility that adds more fuel, when the reality is most cops, the vast majority of cops, are not out there to go beat up on people because they are racist. But it is that attitude that got those 2 cops shot in the head, one a young mother and her partner, while the bystanders cheered it on. Those people are sick, and as bad as any racist organization in my opinion who cheered that one. That mother who had her jaw shot off at point blank did nothing to those people, but because they saw some video from another state of some cop killing some black dude they never met, its okay to cheer it on. 
    imagine growing up, and only knowing being harassed constantly by people in uniform, not helped you don't think that's their reality? this isn't the same as one isolated incident. this is a lifelong experience of constantly fearing for your life. 

    because this is the reality for a massive percentage of POC. 

    until people wrap their heads around that, instead of just thinking of it as "well sure, i got pulled over by a dick cop once, but big deal, i moved on with my life", no, you won't understand that mentality. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • tbergs said:
    A lot of bullshit assumptions being spread again I see. The right seems to be good at fear mongering and using innuendo, but god forbid we actually look at the statistics. And yet the "media" is spreading fake news.

    Using the FBI data, the violent crime rate fell 49% between 1993 and 2019, with large decreases in the rates of robbery (-68%), murder/non-negligent manslaughter (-47%) and aggravated assault (-43%). (It’s not possible to calculate the change in the rape rate during this period because the FBI revised its definition of the offense in 2013.) Meanwhile, the property crime rate fell 55%, with big declines in the rates of burglary (-69%), motor vehicle theft (-64%) and larceny/theft (-49%).

    Using the BJS statistics, the declines in the violent and property crime rates are even steeper than those reported by the FBI. Per BJS, the overall violent crime rate fell 74% between 1993 and 2019, while the property crime rate fell 71%.

    How do Americans perceive crime in their country?

    Americans tend to believe crime is up, even when the data shows it is down.

    In 20 of 24 Gallup surveys conducted since 1993, at least 60% of U.S. adults have said there is more crime nationally than there was the year before, despite the generally downward trend in national violent and property crime rates during most of that period.

    While perceptions of rising crime at the national level are common, fewer Americans believe crime is up in their own communities. In all 23 Gallup surveys that have included the question since 1993, no more than about half of Americans have said crime is up in their area compared with the year before.

    This year, the gap between the share of Americans who say crime is up nationally and the share who say it is up locally (78% vs. 38%) is the widest Gallup has ever recorded.

    Public attitudes about crime also differ by Americans’ partisan affiliationrace and ethnicity and other factors. For example, in a summer Pew Research Center survey, 74% of registered voters who support Trump said violent crime was “very important” to their vote in this year’s presidential election, compared with a far smaller share of Joe Biden supporters (46%).

    In its 2019 survey of crime victims, BJS found wide differences by age and income when it comes to being the victim of a violent crime. Younger people and those with lower incomes were far more likely to report being victimized than older and higher-income people. For example, the victimization rate among those with annual incomes of less than $25,000 was more than twice the rate among those with incomes of $50,000 or more.

    There were no major differences in victimization rates between male and female respondents or between those who identified as White, Black or Hispanic. But the victimization rate among Asian Americans was substantially lower than among other racial and ethnic groups.

    When it comes to those who commit crimes, the same BJS survey asks victims about the perceived demographic characteristics of the offenders in the incidents they experienced. In 2019, those who are male, younger people and those who are Black accounted for considerably larger shares of perceived offenders in violent incidents than their respective shares of the U.S. population. As with all surveys, however, there are several potential sources of error, including the possibility that crime victims’ perceptions are incorrect.

    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/20/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/
    And in fairness to the debate, I wonder what the number and percentage of alleged perps being killed by police over the same time period, both by race, in raw numbers and by a % of police interactions or arrests and attempted arrests. They go up or down in correlation to the decrease in crime? Add locations of cops killed by state and whether their gun laws were relaxed or tightened and from which states guns that were used in crimes came from over the same span of time.
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 5,657
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    i just don't fucking understand this "suspended with pay" bullshit. if I beat up someone at work, fucking hell if I'd be suspended with pay for a fucking year. a year off with pay? PUT UP YOUR DUKES ASSHOLE. 
    Suspended with pay makes sense for an ongoing investigation. But once you're found to be at fault, its just like free vacation. 
    Not where I work two people fight it doesn’t matter who started they are both shown the door ! 
    I'm guessing that's a private organization with little risk of accusations. Jobs like police and even teachers need protection. All police shootings should be investigated, but the cop shouldn't lose pay in the meantime. Accusations against teachers should be investigated, but same thing applies. I don't think the typical job needs the same protections that police, teachers and some others do.
    Cops should be suspended without pay.  If later they are found not guilty then they can get back pay...

    Otherwise the cop and the crooked lawyer will just bleed the system.  Here in Ontario cops are suspended with pay....which is complete BS.
    So cops and who else "guilty until proven innocent" doesn't apply to?
    That's just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure every police dept has an investigation after every police shooting.  A cop can be in the hospital fighting for his life because he got ambushed and shot then returned fire, and you take his pay away until the investigation, which can take weeks or months, is complete? SO while he's fighting for his life in the hospital, his wife and kids lose their house, struggle to pay for food. Makes sense. 

    This way of thinking totally makes sense in today’s day in age.  Police have become the scapegoat for all the problems with Society in this new WOKE world.  I don’t know how Cops continue to show up to work and lay their lives on the line for such a ungrateful warped society most are faced with on a daily basis, especially in urban areas where they are needed the most.  But you know....BLM

    I would agree with this. I wouldn't have been the first t say it here because it would get taken out of context and you'd be called racist.
    I don't agree it has the democratic connection that you later followed up with though. But crime is higher in minority communities, People will try to disagree, but its a fact that is easily checked. Look at Brentwood vs South Central LA, Southside Chicago, etc. Minority communities have a higher crime rate. I guess you could argue minorities are more for democrats, but that's an indirect link. And it does seem like the areas where police are needed more they are hated the most. I will probably never forget those 2 cops who were ambushed about 2 months ago in LA, and seeing the video of witnesses cheering on the shooter and then laughing at the 2 cops and they try to bandage their head wounds and call for help. Literally laughing at them for being shot in the head in an ambush, I guess its lucky for them there were so many cameras of the shooting, or they'd have to lose pay for the crime of being ambushed until the investigation was complete. 
    I don't think it is a direct link to race and crime, it has more to do with poverty, low income, poor education, single or even zero parent households than race. But all those factors are linked to race unfortunately. 
    to these minority communities, cops are not the heroes we hold them as in white suburbia. to call these people ungrateful is fucked up to say the least. 

    if people like linda had any fucking clue what these people go through, they wouldn't be propping all cops up as the victims here. they are part of the system that has oppressed these people for decades.  
    I think theres more to it than part of a system. I think self-fulfilling phrophecy also plays a role. They think they will get treated differently, so they act differently, and therefore get treated differently. Not saying the system is perfect, but there's a lot of misleading information out there as well. When the evening news is telling kids to run away from cops because they will kill you if you let them place you in the back of a car, and that is what CNN said when Rayshard Brooks was shot, it creates this bigger problem. 
    Being ungrateful is fine, No one requires you to be grateful. But there is a huge difference between being ungrateful and cheering on the deaths of people because they wear a uniform, or even just going out and throwing Molotov cocktails and bricks at them, which has been allowed for months and is ridiculous. 
    i'd be cheering on the deaths of those in uniform too if people in that same uniform over the years were responsible for the deaths of my brothers and sisters. 
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    i just don't fucking understand this "suspended with pay" bullshit. if I beat up someone at work, fucking hell if I'd be suspended with pay for a fucking year. a year off with pay? PUT UP YOUR DUKES ASSHOLE. 
    Suspended with pay makes sense for an ongoing investigation. But once you're found to be at fault, its just like free vacation. 
    Not where I work two people fight it doesn’t matter who started they are both shown the door ! 
    I'm guessing that's a private organization with little risk of accusations. Jobs like police and even teachers need protection. All police shootings should be investigated, but the cop shouldn't lose pay in the meantime. Accusations against teachers should be investigated, but same thing applies. I don't think the typical job needs the same protections that police, teachers and some others do.
    Cops should be suspended without pay.  If later they are found not guilty then they can get back pay...

    Otherwise the cop and the crooked lawyer will just bleed the system.  Here in Ontario cops are suspended with pay....which is complete BS.
    So cops and who else "guilty until proven innocent" doesn't apply to?
    That's just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure every police dept has an investigation after every police shooting.  A cop can be in the hospital fighting for his life because he got ambushed and shot then returned fire, and you take his pay away until the investigation, which can take weeks or months, is complete? SO while he's fighting for his life in the hospital, his wife and kids lose their house, struggle to pay for food. Makes sense. 

    This way of thinking totally makes sense in today’s day in age.  Police have become the scapegoat for all the problems with Society in this new WOKE world.  I don’t know how Cops continue to show up to work and lay their lives on the line for such a ungrateful warped society most are faced with on a daily basis, especially in urban areas where they are needed the most.  But you know....BLM

    I would agree with this. I wouldn't have been the first t say it here because it would get taken out of context and you'd be called racist.
    I don't agree it has the democratic connection that you later followed up with though. But crime is higher in minority communities, People will try to disagree, but its a fact that is easily checked. Look at Brentwood vs South Central LA, Southside Chicago, etc. Minority communities have a higher crime rate. I guess you could argue minorities are more for democrats, but that's an indirect link. And it does seem like the areas where police are needed more they are hated the most. I will probably never forget those 2 cops who were ambushed about 2 months ago in LA, and seeing the video of witnesses cheering on the shooter and then laughing at the 2 cops and they try to bandage their head wounds and call for help. Literally laughing at them for being shot in the head in an ambush, I guess its lucky for them there were so many cameras of the shooting, or they'd have to lose pay for the crime of being ambushed until the investigation was complete. 
    I don't think it is a direct link to race and crime, it has more to do with poverty, low income, poor education, single or even zero parent households than race. But all those factors are linked to race unfortunately. 
    to these minority communities, cops are not the heroes we hold them as in white suburbia. to call these people ungrateful is fucked up to say the least. 

    if people like linda had any fucking clue what these people go through, they wouldn't be propping all cops up as the victims here. they are part of the system that has oppressed these people for decades.  
    I think theres more to it than part of a system. I think self-fulfilling phrophecy also plays a role. They think they will get treated differently, so they act differently, and therefore get treated differently. Not saying the system is perfect, but there's a lot of misleading information out there as well. When the evening news is telling kids to run away from cops because they will kill you if you let them place you in the back of a car, and that is what CNN said when Rayshard Brooks was shot, it creates this bigger problem. 
    Being ungrateful is fine, No one requires you to be grateful. But there is a huge difference between being ungrateful and cheering on the deaths of people because they wear a uniform, or even just going out and throwing Molotov cocktails and bricks at them, which has been allowed for months and is ridiculous. 
    i'd be cheering on the deaths of those in uniform too if people in that same uniform over the years were responsible for the deaths of my brothers and sisters. 
    Well here are 4 feel good stories for you to cheer on....Being WOKE is so confusing to me....
    https://abc13.com/houston-police-officers-killed-this-year-in-line-of-duty-area/7839146
    don't be daft. i'm not personally cheering any of that shit on. 

    I don't understand that mentality. Because a family member was killed by a cop I should cheer on the death of other cops? What if my brother got killed by a black man, you'd understand me cheering the deaths of other black men getting murdered? Of course not. But how is that thinking different? Condemning an entire group to death for the actions of a few.
    That isn't a healthy mentality to have, and its actually dangerous. It creates more hostility that adds more fuel, when the reality is most cops, the vast majority of cops, are not out there to go beat up on people because they are racist. But it is that attitude that got those 2 cops shot in the head, one a young mother and her partner, while the bystanders cheered it on. Those people are sick, and as bad as any racist organization in my opinion who cheered that one. That mother who had her jaw shot off at point blank did nothing to those people, but because they saw some video from another state of some cop killing some black dude they never met, its okay to cheer it on. 
    imagine growing up, and only knowing being harassed constantly by people in uniform, not helped you don't think that's their reality? this isn't the same as one isolated incident. this is a lifelong experience of constantly fearing for your life. 

    because this is the reality for a massive percentage of POC. 

    until people wrap their heads around that, instead of just thinking of it as "well sure, i got pulled over by a dick cop once, but big deal, i moved on with my life", no, you won't understand that mentality. 
    If I was dropped down on Earth 6 months ago and watched the news every day and followed social media, I’d think the police and Nazi SS guards were the same thing. They are not. Many police are not bad. Under no circumstance will I say it is okay to cheer on the death of a random cop. There is zero justification for that behavior. But that has been normalized in this country. I will never support the murder of a random person because of what someone else who looked like them did.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 25,314
    no one is talking about social media or the news. i'm talking real life experiences. you don't know what these people have gone through, and it seems you have no interest in even considering it. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 5,657
    edited December 2020
    no one is talking about social media or the news. i'm talking real life experiences. you don't know what these people have gone through, and it seems you have no interest in even considering it. 
    If their attitude is to cheer on the death of an innocent person because of what they look like or a uniform they wear and no other reason, then no, I don’t have an interest in considering it. They are a low life. That’s what I was referring to, this behavior that people are cheering on the deaths and shootings of police and I can’t believe anyone here would condone that. I don’t need to know what someone went through to say cheering on random deaths is wrong.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • More people are killed by police, many unarmed, in a year than the other way around and I’ve read more than a few posters on here “cheering that on,” particularly when the arrested died in police custody and was a minority. “Bumpy ride,” anyone?
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 8,473
    Racism is everywhere 
    At your job
    In your family
    On your team
    Among your local police force
    In your neighborhood 
    The Suburbs
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue 
    Fan forum of a Liberal Democratic Band
    Everywhere 
  • static111static111 Posts: 2,225
    Racism is everywhere 
    At your job
    In your family
    On your team
    Among your local police force
    In your neighborhood 
    The Suburbs
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue 
    Fan forum of a Liberal Democratic Band
    Everywhere 
    Not if you ask them.  Then it’s “how dare you accuse me of racism that’s so hurtful” 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 25,314
    mace1229 said:
    no one is talking about social media or the news. i'm talking real life experiences. you don't know what these people have gone through, and it seems you have no interest in even considering it. 
    If their attitude is to cheer on the death of an innocent person because of what they look like or a uniform they wear and no other reason, then no, I don’t have an interest in considering it. They are a low life. That’s what I was referring to, this behavior that people are cheering on the deaths and shootings of police and I can’t believe anyone here would condone that. I don’t need to know what someone went through to say cheering on random deaths is wrong.
    i didn't say i condone it. i say i understand it. I can't possibly put myself in their shoes, so it's not my place to judge. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,643
    What a jackass. The fear is so embedded in some of these cops. Shoot first, render aid later....

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/23/columbus-ohio-shooting-black-man/

    A police officer in Columbus, Ohio, who fatally shot an unarmed Black man while responding to a noise complaint early Tuesday was relieved of his duties and is under investigation for not turning on his body camera in the city’s second deadly police shooting of a Black man this month.

    Weeks after 23-year-old Casey C. Goodson Jr. was killed by police while entering his home, a 47-year-old man was holding a cellphone inside a friend’s garage when he was fatally shot in an incident that went unrecorded by the officer until after the shooting. The victim and officer have yet to be publicly identified.

    Hours after ordering the city’s police chief to fire the officer on Tuesday, Columbus Mayor Andrew J. Ginther (D) announced the officer had been suspended for the “unacceptable” action of not turning on the body camera before the fatal shooting, which is being investigated by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

    “Our community is exhausted,” Ginther said in a news conference.

    Although the body camera was not turned on at the time of the incident, the shooting was captured thanks to the 60-second “look back” function on the device that records video but not audio, police said. In a news release, the Columbus Division of Police said the footage showed “a delay in rendering of first-aid to the man.” The body-cam video is expected to be released Wednesday after the man’s family has been notified, Ginther said.

    “It is unacceptable to me and the community that the officers did not turn on their camera,” Ginther said at a news conference. “Let me be clear: If you’re not going to turn on your body-worn camera, you cannot serve and protect the people of Columbus.”

    Police Chief Thomas Quinlan said the fatal shooting was “a tragedy on many levels” and vowed to “provide as much transparency as possible” throughout the investigation.

    “Our community deserves the facts,” Quinlan said in a news release. “If evidence determines that laws or policies were violated, officers will be held accountable.”

    The officer will be paid during the investigation, according to the Columbus DispatchWSYX reported that the officer has been on the force for more than 15 years.

    Police were dispatched around 1:37 a.m. Tuesday for a “non-emergency” disturbance call from a neighbor, according to a news release from the Columbus Department of Public Safety. The complaint was in regard to the noises of an SUV running on and off.

    “There was a car parked out here, all night long running, and I was kind of concerned about that,” neighbor Bob Ronker told WSYX. “You don’t have things like that in this neighborhood.”

    Two officers arrived to find the garage door of the home was open, with a man inside, officials said. At that point, the man approached police with his cellphone in his left hand and his right hand in his pocket, according to a review by the city’s Department of Public Safety of body-cam footage from an officer on site.

    Then an officer fired the gun, striking the 47-year-old. Police confirmed the man was unarmed, saying they did not recover a weapon at the scene. Less than an hour later, he was pronounced dead at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital.

    The fatal shooting Tuesday comes at a raw time for a city still protesting the fatal shooting of Goodson. Relatives say the 23-year-old Black man was entering his grandmother’s home carrying Subway sandwiches when a sheriff’s deputy shot him on Dec. 4. The lawyer for Jason Meade — the deputy who has been placed on administrative leave while the incident is under investigation — said Goodson had pointed a gun at the officer.

    Goodson’s death has sparked widespread criticism from Columbus residents who have questioned an investigation that they claim is lacking in transparency. As in Tuesday’s fatal shooting, Goodson was not suspected of a crime and there was no body-cam footage of his death.

    On Tuesday night, protesters gathered outside of the Ohio Statehouse to demonstrate their displeasure over the latest fatal shooting of a Black man in the city. Wearing a gray hoodie emblazoned with Goodson’s face, local activist Joshua Williams expressed outrage that another police-related fatal shooting happened while Columbus was still mourning another one.

    “We just got done marching for Casey and we’ve been doing this all summer,” Williams said to WSYX. “It’s unbelievable.”

    It's a hopeless situation...
  • static111static111 Posts: 2,225
    So disgusting...how do we continue as a society to tolerate this?  Looking forward to the “we don’t know all the facts, there are two sides to every story” folks to chime in and try justify this one...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 9,980
    edited December 2020
    According to the article he was pulled over for making a wide right turn.  I guess the Cop had nothing else better to do.

    Cop told his supervisor that he suspected he had Narcotics in his car. What a crock of shit.








    Post edited by cutz on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 4,198
    cutz said:
    According to the article he was pulled over for making a wide right turn.  I guess the Cop had nothing else better to do.

    Cop told his supervisor that he suspected he had Narcotics in his car. What a crock of shit.








    Dude wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That’s infuriating 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,137
    tbergs said:
    What a jackass. The fear is so embedded in some of these cops. Shoot first, render aid later....

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/23/columbus-ohio-shooting-black-man/

    A police officer in Columbus, Ohio, who fatally shot an unarmed Black man while responding to a noise complaint early Tuesday was relieved of his duties and is under investigation for not turning on his body camera in the city’s second deadly police shooting of a Black man this month.

    Weeks after 23-year-old Casey C. Goodson Jr. was killed by police while entering his home, a 47-year-old man was holding a cellphone inside a friend’s garage when he was fatally shot in an incident that went unrecorded by the officer until after the shooting. The victim and officer have yet to be publicly identified.

    Hours after ordering the city’s police chief to fire the officer on Tuesday, Columbus Mayor Andrew J. Ginther (D) announced the officer had been suspended for the “unacceptable” action of not turning on the body camera before the fatal shooting, which is being investigated by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

    “Our community is exhausted,” Ginther said in a news conference.

    Although the body camera was not turned on at the time of the incident, the shooting was captured thanks to the 60-second “look back” function on the device that records video but not audio, police said. In a news release, the Columbus Division of Police said the footage showed “a delay in rendering of first-aid to the man.” The body-cam video is expected to be released Wednesday after the man’s family has been notified, Ginther said.

    “It is unacceptable to me and the community that the officers did not turn on their camera,” Ginther said at a news conference. “Let me be clear: If you’re not going to turn on your body-worn camera, you cannot serve and protect the people of Columbus.”

    Police Chief Thomas Quinlan said the fatal shooting was “a tragedy on many levels” and vowed to “provide as much transparency as possible” throughout the investigation.

    “Our community deserves the facts,” Quinlan said in a news release. “If evidence determines that laws or policies were violated, officers will be held accountable.”

    The officer will be paid during the investigation, according to the Columbus DispatchWSYX reported that the officer has been on the force for more than 15 years.

    Police were dispatched around 1:37 a.m. Tuesday for a “non-emergency” disturbance call from a neighbor, according to a news release from the Columbus Department of Public Safety. The complaint was in regard to the noises of an SUV running on and off.

    “There was a car parked out here, all night long running, and I was kind of concerned about that,” neighbor Bob Ronker told WSYX. “You don’t have things like that in this neighborhood.”

    Two officers arrived to find the garage door of the home was open, with a man inside, officials said. At that point, the man approached police with his cellphone in his left hand and his right hand in his pocket, according to a review by the city’s Department of Public Safety of body-cam footage from an officer on site.

    Then an officer fired the gun, striking the 47-year-old. Police confirmed the man was unarmed, saying they did not recover a weapon at the scene. Less than an hour later, he was pronounced dead at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital.

    The fatal shooting Tuesday comes at a raw time for a city still protesting the fatal shooting of Goodson. Relatives say the 23-year-old Black man was entering his grandmother’s home carrying Subway sandwiches when a sheriff’s deputy shot him on Dec. 4. The lawyer for Jason Meade — the deputy who has been placed on administrative leave while the incident is under investigation — said Goodson had pointed a gun at the officer.

    Goodson’s death has sparked widespread criticism from Columbus residents who have questioned an investigation that they claim is lacking in transparency. As in Tuesday’s fatal shooting, Goodson was not suspected of a crime and there was no body-cam footage of his death.

    On Tuesday night, protesters gathered outside of the Ohio Statehouse to demonstrate their displeasure over the latest fatal shooting of a Black man in the city. Wearing a gray hoodie emblazoned with Goodson’s face, local activist Joshua Williams expressed outrage that another police-related fatal shooting happened while Columbus was still mourning another one.

    “We just got done marching for Casey and we’ve been doing this all summer,” Williams said to WSYX. “It’s unbelievable.”


    https://www.dispatch.com/videos/news/2020/12/24/columbus-police-chief-officer-coy-fired-after-shooting-andre-hill/4043633001/

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,137
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,928
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,928
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 9,980
    edited January 24
    23scidoo said:
    Another video.

    Edit: Won't Post for some reason


    Post edited by cutz on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 9,980

    https://www.voanews.com/europe/dutch-police-clash-anti-lockdown-protesters-2-cities#:~:text=Video showed police spraying people,clashed with protesters in Amsterdam.


    Dutch Police Clash With Anti-Lockdown Protesters in 2 Cities

    By Associated Press
    January 24, 2021 08:04 PM




    Police use a water canon during a protest against restrictions put in place to curb the spread of the coronavirus in Amsterdam Netherlands Jan 24 2021





    THE HAGUE - Rioters set fires in the center of the southern Dutch city of Eindhoven and pelted police with rocks Sunday at a banned demonstration against coronavirus lockdown measures, while officers responded with tear gas and water cannons, arresting at least 55 people.

    Police in the capital of Amsterdam 125 kilometers (78 miles) away also used a water cannon to disperse an outlawed anti-lockdown demonstration on a major square ringed by museums. Video showed police spraying people grouped against a wall of the Van Gogh Museum.

    It was the worst violence to hit the Netherlands since the pandemic began and the second straight Sunday that police clashed with protesters in Amsterdam. The country has been in a tough lockdown since mid-December that is set to continue at least until Feb. 9. The government beefed up the lockdown with a 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. curfew that went into force Saturday.

    Justice Minister Ferd Grapperhaus condemned the violence.

    "This has nothing to do with demonstrating against corona measures," Grapperhaus said in a statement. "This is simply criminal behavior; people who deliberately target police, riot police, journalists and other aid workers."

    In Eindhoven, south of Amsterdam, a central square near the main railway station was littered with rocks, bicycles and shattered glass. The crowd of hundreds of demonstrators also was believed to include supporters of the anti-immigrant group PEGIDA, which had sought to demonstrate in the city.

    Eindhoven police said they made at least 55 arrests and warned people to stay away from the city center amid the clashes. Trains to and from the station were halted and local media reported plundering at the station.

    A woman not involved in the protests was hospitalized after being injured by a police horse, police said.

    Police said more than 100 people were arrested in Amsterdam.  

    Dutch media reported unrest in other Dutch towns Sunday night with people protesting the curfew.

    The violence came a day after anti-curfew rioters torched a coronavirus testing facility in the Dutch fishing village of Urk.

    Video from Urk, 80 kilometers (50 miles) northeast of Amsterdam, showed youths breaking into the coronavirus testing facility near the village's harbor before it was set ablaze Saturday night.

    The lockdown was imposed by the Dutch government to rein in the spread of the more transmissible variant of the coronavirus.

    Police said they fined more than 3,600 people nationwide for breaching the curfew that ran from 9 p.m. Saturday until 4:30 a.m. Sunday and arrested 25 people for breaching the curfew or for violence.

    The police and municipal officials issued a statement Sunday expressing their anger at rioting, "from throwing fireworks and stones to destroying police cars and with the torching of the test location as a deep point."

    "This is not only unacceptable, but also a slap in the face, especially for the local health authority staff who do all they can at the test center to help people from Urk," the local authorities said, adding that the curfew would be strictly enforced for the rest of the week.

    On Sunday, all that remained of the portable testing building was a burned-out shell.
     

  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,928
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 9,980
    edited January 31




    4,400 people were arrested in #Russia this Sunday, following new protests pro #Navalny . Entire neighborhoods of #Moscow have been locked down by police. (The world)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,137

    Andre Hill case: Columbus officer Adam Coy indicted

    Eric Lagatta
    The Columbus Dispatch

    A former Columbus police officer has been arrested and indicted on a murder charge for fatally shooting an unarmed Black man in December

    Adam Coy, who was fired from the Columbus Police Division after body camera footage showed that he shot and killed 47-year-old Andre Hill within seconds of responding at the scene of a non-emergency disturbance call on Dec. 22 on the Northwest Side, faces an additional three counts from a Franklin County grand jury. 

    Those charges are felonious assault and two counts of dereliction of duty — one for failing to turn on his body camera when he responded to the scene, and another for failing to inform his fellow officer that he felt Hill presented a danger.

    Adam Coy who was fired from the Columbus Police Divisionafterbody camera footage showed thathe shot and killed 47-year-old Andre Hill within seconds of respondingat the scene of a non-emergency disturbance callon Dec 22 on the Northwest Side faces murder and an additional three countsfrom a Franklin County grand jury

    Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, who announced the indictment during a virtual news conference Wednesday evening, said he believes the evidence in the case supports the indictment. 

    “(Police) undertake the increasingly difficult and dangerous task of protecting our communities, but every person is responsible for and judged by his or her own actions," Yost said. "Neither guilt nor virtue may be assumed by association. 

    “The grand jury found the truth: Andre Hill should not be dead.” 

    Coy and another officer were responding to a nonemergency disturbance call over a vehicle running on and off when they encountered Hill at the entrance to the garage of a home on Oberlin Drive where he was an invited guest. As Hill was holding up a cellphone, Coy – who later said he mistook it for a gun – fired. 

    Neither of the two officers turned on their body cameras until after the shooting, leaving 60 seconds of video-only footage due to a playback feature.

    Hill’s death drew public outrage not only because it was yet another incident of police shooting and killing an unarmed Black man following a summer of racial justice protests against police use of force, but also because Hill was left dying on the ground without police administering medical assistance for  several minutes. 

    Police, however, did handcuff the bleeding Hill.

    Civil Rights Attorney Benjamin Crump, who represents Hill’s family, said earlier this week that an autopsy commissioned by the family determined that had officers immediately rendered first aid after the shooting, Hill may have survived. 

    The case fell under the jurisdiction of the Franklin County Prosecutor's office, which requested that Yost's office serve as special prosecutor.

    Michael Wright, an attorney representing the Hill family, told the Dispatch Wednesday evening that the family is thankful to Yost’s office for taking the case seriously and securing a grand jury indictment.  

    “We’re happy that this has occurred, but this is a first step. We want the officer to be convicted, we want him to be incarcerated,” Wright said. “The family is happy and they’re cautiously optimistic that officer Coy will have to pay the price and be convicted for the killing of Andre Hill.” 

    In a written statement, Mayor Andrew J. Ginther praised the grand jury's decision.

    “The community was outraged by the killing of Andre Hill, an unarmed Black man, by law enforcement," Ginther said. "The indictment does not lessen the pain of his tragic death for Mr. Hill’s loved ones, but it is a step towards justice. I thank the grand jury for their service.”

    Coy surrendered himself to law enforcement through his attorney, Mark Collins, on Wednesday afternoon. He is being held in the Franklin County jail pending a bond hearing Friday morning.

    Collins said his client was not surprised by the indictment. 

    Karissa Hill daughter of Andre Hill reacts during a vigil being held for her father at Brentnell Community Recreation Center in December

    But Collins said he was surprised that the jury would indict on a charge of felonious assault when Hill died. 

    "In my 27 years of practicing law, I've never seen a felonious assault charge for a person who has passed away," Collins said.  

    Andre Hill: Columbus council passes Andre's Law requiring body camera use and rendering medical aid

    Collins also said he was surprised by the felony murder charge because a prosecutor has to prove to a jury that Coy "knowingly" shot and killed Hill. 

    Coy, in a more than two-hour interview with BCI investigators and in a written statement, said he believed a silver key ring in Hill's hand was a silver revolver, Collins said.  

    "The Supreme Court has said the officers are allowed to make mistakes, if the mistake is reasonable through the lens of a reasonable police officer," Collins said. "Adam Coy was mistaken. He thought the keys were a revolver and he reacted based on his training." 

    The dereliction of duty charges Coy faces were also a surprise to Collins, particularly the second count. Yost said Wednesday evening the second count pertains to Coy not warning his fellow officers of a possible danger. Amy Detweiler, the female officer who responded with Coy to the Oberlin Drive call, said in a statement to investigators that Coy yelled, "He has a gun" prior to the shots being fired. 

    Dispatch reporter Bethany Bruner contributed to this story.

    [email protected]

    @EricLagatta




    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,928
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 8,473
    Charge dropped against Black teenager who was walking home from work in Texas snow. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/charge-dropped-against-black-teenager-who-was-walking-home-work-n1258616
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 3,559
    Charge dropped against Black teenager who was walking home from work in Texas snow. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/charge-dropped-against-black-teenager-who-was-walking-home-work-n1258616

    Stupid cops. Don't they know "walking while black" is an unwritten law used in jest? They need to approach the Texas legislature and ask them to actually make it a written law.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,053
    edited February 24
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/23/us/angelo-quinto-antioch-police-department-death-trnd/index.html
    And here we go again...
    “CNN)A 30-year-old Northern California man undergoing a mental health episode died days after police officers kneeled on the back of his neck for nearly five minutes to subdue him, lawyers for his family said”
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
Sign In or Register to comment.