Memories,Meetings,Memorabilia and the story and pictures behind them.

I thought after reading some cool  stories on lost dogs about the  story behind someones memorabilia that it would be cool to see pictures and hear stories of our gigs and the such. Chance meetings and chats or tambo stories whatever. Not a pissing contest  just share the  good stories and enjoy  them.
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• I once was standing in Copenhagen airport.  It was my birthday  and the  day after the  gig early morning and a guy over the foyer was holding  a poster tube ,so was I ,so i said hey cool show! 
    He said turn  around look behind you.
    Jeff was standing behind me outside a juice bar.
    Me and my tour buddy  just turned and i started talking to jeff for about  10 mins  about all sorts. Guitar picks and how many each they have each per tour. About getting  otherside and hold on, on to the setlist. Time stood still we got a photo  which he was totally cool with. It  came to a natural  end and we walked away in complete ecstasy.  I  totally forgot  to remember it was birthday and that i was holding  an oslo sperry poster and didn't  get it signed. But i think i would  now rather this  long chat that anything  else.
    Best birthday EVER.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    Lots of amazing items and friendships that have stories but I will start with this one. Will keep it brief but did some stuff to help someone that knew someone that knew someone :) and got this as a token of appreciation.  

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited December 2020
    That's fucking cool, i can now think  of loads. Just don't  want to be that guy.  Is this the right  forum for this . I couldn't  decide?
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Nice thread OP. Yessir! When I have some time I'll add to it.
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Bump! Keep me coming! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    drummer1 said:
    Bump! Keep me coming! 
    NSFW
    JW269453 said:
    drummer1 said:
    Bump! Keep me coming! 
    NSFW
    Ahh LOLOLOL 

Keep EM coming 😂
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    Ok...so to make a short story long...not sure it will be as good for you as it was for me. Fenway 2016. I don't like tons of attention but was imagining what would help me stand out to get a couple picks or some other stage junk tossed my way. So[not]being the huge baseball fan, I picked up a cheap baseball mitt that barely fit. Taped some bright orange duct tape on it and after I snagged a patch from the merch stand, I pinned it on there. Asked my friend if I should really bring the mitt in to the show. I didn't want to be like a total tool. She encouraged me. So the mitt came along. We had pretty killer floor seats. Mid show Ed said something like 'i got my mitt and my ball, we're not leaving til we play a little ball'. I flashed my mitt, but didn't want to break his midshow talk, so put it down but felt something may happen. During Alive I busted out the mitt again thinking I'd get a tambourine chucked at me or something. Ev looked my way and pointed, laughed..not sure at me...RITFW next, again tambourine storm. As cookie monster J went into his last solo, Ed ran over, got his mitt, ball and hat. Ran over in front of me, parted the rows in front of me like moses parting the sea. We played catch! I was so crazy happy, he looked happy too. The last throw he tossed it out to me and a fan in front of me caught it. I was like 'dude' he looked at the ball a bit, then gave it to me. Nice gesture, I think he didn't want to see a grown man cry!!! 
    it's signed by someone #38 but can't figure out who.
  • Thats what we are after. Great
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Quick, simple story of how I got these guitar picks from Ed.  It was the day after the 2015 Bogota show and we ended up staying in the same hotel as the band.  I had gone to 90+ shows at that point and never met a band member (so not a stalker).  Anyway, happened to end up on the elevator with Ed, Matt, Boom and Ed’s security.  They got on the elevator first and I was going to grab the next one as it was a small elevator and didn’t want to be a fanboy, but as the door shut Ed’s security guy stopped it and waived me on.  I said “great show last night” and Matt said thanks.  Ed just kept looking down.  Not a big deal.  I left the elevator first and got about 20 feet away and I hear this guy behind me say “Hey!”.   I turn around and Ed was walking towards me to give me these guitar picks.  I thought that was so cool of him.  I wondered if he did that because I was respectful and didn’t force my way on the elevator or try to spark up a conversation.  

Anyway, not many people can say their music hero chased them down instead of the other way around - ha!

• Keep em coming  . I love the way ed treats  fans.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Loujoe said:
    Ok...so to make a short story long...not sure it will be as good for you as it was for me. Fenway 2016. I don't like tons of attention but was imagining what would help me stand out to get a couple picks or some other stage junk tossed my way. So[not]being the huge baseball fan, I picked up a cheap baseball mitt that barely fit. Taped some bright orange duct tape on it and after I snagged a patch from the merch stand, I pinned it on there. Asked my friend if I should really bring the mitt in to the show. I didn't want to be like a total tool. She encouraged me. So the mitt came along. We had pretty killer floor seats. Mid show Ed said something like 'i got my mitt and my ball, we're not leaving til we play a little ball'. I flashed my mitt, but didn't want to break his midshow talk, so put it down but felt something may happen. During Alive I busted out the mitt again thinking I'd get a tambourine chucked at me or something. Ev looked my way and pointed, laughed..not sure at me...RITFW next, again tambourine storm. As cookie monster J went into his last solo, Ed ran over, got his mitt, ball and hat. Ran over in front of me, parted the rows in front of me like moses parting the sea. We played catch! I was so crazy happy, he looked happy too. The last throw he tossed it out to me and a fan in front of me caught it. I was like 'dude' he looked at the ball a bit, then gave it to me. Nice gesture, I think he didn't want to see a grown man cry!!! 
    This reminds me of a glove i found  before  an amsterdam gig. It was the world cup i think and  Carlsberg  had loads of wigs and gimmicks. My cousin  had this  glove and i said im gonna wave  at ed when he sings . I just  wanna scream hello.  This story is longish.
    So i waved. He waved back . We all laughed.  So i took it on tour  and waved every  night.  Then i wrote a request on it. Mike threw picks at the glove which everyone around me benefited from  . Like a shower all gobbled up around us. Wonderful.
    I took  it on the next tour and ed remembered  the glove . Smiling and waving during wave to all my friends  part of in my tree  also. 
    Great  bit of fun
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• here is said glove 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Loujoe said:
    Schilling?

If so, no wonder everyone wanted you to keep it.

:rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Love this thread 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Here is a one of kind piece that I treasure. I was working in Seattle, and my friend was the most amazing and beautiful person. She was into the local scene too, so I had a music buddy to talk about PJ.
    She came over one day and gave this Stick Man figure to me. She made it from paperclips! I still love it, and think it is so very cool. Guessing it is 17 years old. :)

Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    edited December 2020
    Not sure if this will work or not, been a while since I've posted a pic.  I've never met Ed; did shake his hand from 2nd row at Tower Theatre in Philly; a highlight of my life.  This is my Who bandana, got it in LA in '82; used to bring to all concerts I would attend.  A friend who knows Ed and was meeting him before a Philly show one night, took it with her and Ed signed it personally to me.  Another highlight.  haha, just realized my picture for my user name has me holding this very bandana, prior to Ed signing it.  

Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:
    Loujoe said:
    Schilling?

In 2016 would have been Rusney Castillo, though he'd have been in Pawtucket enjoying life as the highest paid minor leaguer in history.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    edited December 2020
    Lots of amazing items and friendships that have stories but I will start with this one. Will keep it brief but did some stuff to help someone that knew someone that knew someone :) and got this as a token of appreciation.  

Hey @elwayvedder, between my pic and yours, we may have uncovered the mystery of a real EV signature, apparently he has a habit of putting a dot/period after his signature.  Hope you're staying safe and well.  
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Loujoe said:
    Schilling?

In 2016 would have been Rusney Castillo, though he'd have been in Pawtucket enjoying life as the highest paid minor leaguer in history.
    whacha think? Who signed this sucker. Babe Ruth?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Looks like Celery Dune. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Celine Dion?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Poncier said:
    Looks like Celery Dune. 
    Oh man, I had a mint Celery Dune rookie card that my mother threw away.  Would be worth thousands now!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    on2legs said:
    Celine Dion?
    Yes!!! Thanks
    edited December 2020
    Ok I have another fun one to add.  I'll make it long.
    Philadelphia 4/29.
    Snagged cheessteaks before the show found a spot to park and ate, careful not to get grease on my hands because I hoped to get a poster..didn't know anything about it because I like to be surprised. We lined up to go in and these two fans cut in line behind us. I laid into them but no one else cared so eventually I just shut up and they just stood there...
    Doors open and we all scurry in and find a merch table. 
    Great emek! I had enough cash literally down to the change and lint in my pockets to get a poster sticker and pin. We found our seats, side stage kind of behind. As I settled in, I enjoyed the unique perspecive... especially MC's drum kit. 
    Show kicked off and we get pummeled by TEN. Then a whole fat show that is likely one of the best I've seen. If you were lucky to be there you may agree.

Show ends, we chill for the crowds to thin out and it's always fun to see the stage get taken apart. 
    One of the stagehands walked to the edge of the stage and hurled something slow motion into the air. Me and another fan watched as it slowly split apart in the air and gently landed in an empty row. 
    The race was on. I fumbled over there as fast as I could. Other fan bolted like lightning. Luckily I was closer so we arrived at the same time. Each taking home one of these.
    maybe I can get Celine Dion to sign it someday.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    Loujoe said:
    Ok I have another fun one to add.  I'll make it long.
    Philadelphia 4/29.
    Snagged cheessteaks before the show found a spot to park and ate careful not to get grease on my hands because I hoped to get a poster..didn't know anything about it because I like to be surprised. We lined up to go in and these two fans cut in line behind us. I laid into them but no one else cared so eventually I just shut up and they just stood there...
    Doors open and we all scurry in and find a merch table. 
    Great emek! I had enough cash literally down to the change and lint in my pockets to get a poster sticker and pin. We found our seats, side stage kind of behind. As I settled in I enjoyed the unique perspecive especially MC's drum kit. 
    Show kicked off and we get pummeled by TEN. Then a whole fat show that is likely one of the best I've seen. If you were lucky to be there you may agree.

Show ends, we chill for the crowds to thin out and it's always fun to see the stage get taken apart. 
    One of the stagehands walked to the edge of the stage and hurled something slow motion into the air. Me and another fan watched as it slowly split apart in the air and gently landed in an empty row. 
    The race was on. I fumbled over there as fast as I could. Other fan bolted like lightning. Luckily I was closer so we arrived at the same time. Each taking home one of these.
    maybe I can get Celine Dion to sign it someday.
    Someday I will post my story about meeting Celine Dion after a show.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mrezoocmrezooc Posts: 119
    edited January 2021
    In 2013 in London, Ont the band was here prepping for their Lightning bolt tour. The Bud-gardens had allowed the band to have the venue for 5 days to practise. On the Saturday July 13 now known as Eddie Vedder day with my friends, we waited outside the venue with some friends and the kids hoping the band would come out. Some of the band members left, so we didn’t think he was gonna come out. We were just getting ready to leave when his security came out and said Ed was gonna come out and to put cameras away. I’ve been a huge fan since day 1 and this was like a dream. He came out and chatted with all the kids. He gave them guitar picks and signed a picture for my daughter. I couldn’t hardly talked. My wife and her friends were in tears. My daughter 5 at the time made a card for the band. He had a 5 min conversation around his kids and baseball with her. He asked what her name was and she said Kalei. He said Ally what a beautiful name. He then read her card and told her he was sorry for getting her name wrong and said to her that Kalei was an even more beautiful name then Ally. He made his way down the line and freeze high fives my nephew telling him a story about how he did that with his kid. He talked to my friend and asked the named of his daughter. He told her Ella. He said he loved that name and that he wanted to name his daughter that, but didn’t want her to get made fun of (Ella Vedder / Elevator -Haha). He got to my wife who had our youngest child. He gave her a guitar pick and she threw it back at him. He picked it up and pulled another one out and held her hands and made a comment that she was already practising to be on stage. He gave her 2 picks one for each hand. A Pretty amazing experience. We were lucky to have experienced it, as so many people don’t get an opportunity to. Made us love him and the band that much more. Definitely a once in a life time experience. Check out the picture above. This is the picture he signed. We handed out the EV picks from his 2012 tour. 
    Post edited by mrezooc on
    Wow. great story and so cool you appreciate how special that moment is to share with friends and family.

Those picks are hard to get too!
    (If you wanna share about that Jeff sig too anytime...I'll listen!)
    Love this thread!

Thank you for bumping it with an amazing story, @mrezooc =)

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    mrezooc said:
    In 2013 in London, Ont the band was here prepping for their Lightning bolt tour. The Bud-gardens had allowed the band to have the venue for 5 days to practise. On the Saturday July 13 now known as Eddie Vedder day with my friends, we waited outside the venue with some friends and the kids hoping the band would come out. Some of the band members left, so we didn’t think he was gonna come out. We were just getting ready to leave when his security came out and said Ed was gonna come out and to put cameras away. I’ve been a huge fan since day 1 and this was like a dream. He came out and chatted with all the kids. He gave them guitar picks and signed a picture for my daughter. I couldn’t hardly talked. My wife and her friends were in tears. My daughter 5 at the time made a card for the band. He had a 5 min conversation around his kids and baseball with her. He asked what her name was and she said Kalei. He said Ally what a beautiful name. He then read her card and told her he was sorry for getting her name wrong and said to her that Kalei was an even more beautiful name then Ally. He made his way down the line and freeze high fives my nephew telling him a story about how he did that with his kid. He talked to my friend and asked the named of his daughter. He told her Ella. He said he loved that name and that he wanted to name his daughter that, but didn’t want her to get made fun of (Ella Vedder / Elevator -Haha). He got to my wife who had our youngest child. He gave her a guitar pick and she threw it back at him. He picked it up and pulled another one out and held her hands and made a comment that she was already practising to be on stage. He gave her 2 picks one for each hand. A Pretty amazing experience. We were lucky to have experienced it, as so many people don’t get an opportunity to. Made us love him and the band that much more. Definitely a once in a life time experience. Check out the picture above. This is the picture he signed. We handed out the EV picks from his 2012 tour. 
    amazing thank u for sharing. what's the pick between the orange ED and the black sparky pick?