Donald Trump

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Do Americans troll the Canadian politics thread?

Excellent question and good point. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    brianlux said:
    Umm, why are we talking about terrorism, Obama, and Biden on the "soon to be former POTUS Trump" thread?  And why would we be focusing on Biden getting us into another fucking war when we should be hoping the only war he wages is against COVID? 

Oh, wait, it's AMT.  Nevaaaa mind.
    You are right Brian. Lets talk more about Trump!

PJNB said:
    brianlux said:
    Umm, why are we talking about terrorism, Obama, and Biden on the "soon to be former POTUS Trump" thread?  And why would we be focusing on Biden getting us into another fucking war when we should be hoping the only war he wages is against COVID? 

OMG, maybe that's why he's such a cranky mean s.o.b.  But if all that is true, sounds like he did it to himself.  How do people close to him put up with all that?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429

by Ken Dilanian

WASHINGTON — When David Priess was a CIA officer, he traveled to Houston, he recalls, to brief former President George H.W. Bush on classified developments in the Middle East.

It was part of a long tradition of former presidents being consulted about, and granted access to, some of the nation's secrets.

Priess and other former intelligence officials say Joe Biden would be wise not to let that tradition continue in the case of Donald Trump.

They argue soon-to-be-former President Trump already poses a danger because of the secrets he currently possesses, and they say it would be foolish to trust him with more sensitive information. With Trump's real estate empire under financial pressure and his brand suffering, they worry he will see American secrets as a profit center.

"This is not something that one could have ever imagined with other presidents, but it's easy to imagine with this one," said Jack Goldsmith, who worked as a senior Justice Department official in the George W. Bush administration.

"He's shown as president that he doesn't take secret-keeping terribly seriously," Goldsmith said in an interview. "He has a known tendency to disrespect rules related to national security. And he has a known tendency to like to sell things that are valuable to him."

Goldsmith and other experts noted that Trump has a history of carelessly revealing classified information. He told the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in 2017 about extremely sensitive terrorism threat information the U.S. had received from an ally. Last year he tweeted what experts said was a secret satellite photo of an Iranian nuclear installation.

Image President Donald Trump meets with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavro Russian Foreign Ministry Photo  AP
    Image: President Donald Trump meets with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavro (Russian Foreign Ministry Photo / AP)
    More

The president also may be vulnerable to foreign influence. His tax records, as reported by the New York Times, reveal that Trump appears to face financial challenges, having personally guaranteed more than $400 million of his companies' debt at a time when the pandemic has put pressure on the hotel industry, in which Trump is a major player.

"Is that a risk?" said Priess, who wrote "The President's Book of Secrets," about presidents and intelligence. "If it were someone applying for a security clearance, damn right it would be a risk."

The White House did not respond to requests for comment. The Biden transition declined to comment.

Trump has said his finances are sound, and that the debts are a small percentage of his assets. Generally, though, large debts to foreign banks — Trump's biggest creditor is reported to be Deutsche Bank, a German institution with links to Russia — would exclude a person from a top secret clearance.

Presidents, however, are not investigated and polygraphed for security clearances as all other government officials are. By virtue of being elected, they assume control over all the nation's secret intelligence, and are allowed by law to disclose any of it, at any time, to anyone.

Former presidents aren't subject to security clearance investigations, either. They are provided access to secrets as a courtesy, with the permission of the current president.

Typically, former presidents are given briefings before they travel overseas, or in connection with an issue about which the current president wishes to consult them, Priess and other experts say.

When President Bill Clinton sent former president Jimmy Carter to diffuse a tense stand off in Haiti, for example, Carter likely received classified briefings on the situation ahead of his trip.

And when George H.W. Bush visited his son in the White House, he sat in on on the President's Daily Brief, the highly classified compendium of secrets that is presented each morning to the occupant of the Oval Office, according to Priess, who interviewed both men for his book.

It's unclear whether former President Barack Obama has received intelligence briefings after he left office, but President Trump said in March that he hasn't consulted his predecessors about coronavirus or anything else.

Former presidents have long made money after leaving office by writing books and giving speeches, but no former president has ever had the kind of international business entanglements Trump does. Trump has business interests or connections in China, Russia and other U.S. adversary countries that covet even tiny portions of what he knows about the American national security state.

That said, Trump probably is not conversant with many highly classified details, experts say, He was famous for paying only intermittent attention during his intelligence briefings and declining to read his written materials. Moreover, intelligence officials tend not to share specifics about sources and methods with any president, unless he asks.

So Trump probably doesn't know the names of the CIA's spies in Russia, experts say. But presumably he knows a bit about the capabilities of American surveillance drones, for example, or how adept the National Security Agency has been at intercepting the communications of various foreign governments.

Like so much with Trump, his track record of sharing secrets has been unprecedented in American presidential history.

In interviews with the journalist Bob Woodward for a book released this fall, Trump boasted about a secret nuclear weapons system that neither Russia nor China knew about.

According to the Washington Post, Woodward's sources "later confirmed that the U.S. military had a secret new weapons system, but they would not provide details, and that the people were surprised Trump had disclosed it."

When Trump briefed the public about the commando raid that killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, he disclosed classified and sensitive details, according to reporting by NBC News.

In 2017, Trump gave the location of two American nuclear submarines near North Korea to the president of the Philippines.

That same year, a member of his golf club at Mar-a-Lago took a photo of a briefing Trump and the Japanese prime minister were receiving in a public area about North Korea, and posted it on Facebook.

Image Donald Trump and Shinzo Abe at Mar-a-Lago Nicholas Kamm  AFP - Getty Images file
    Image: Donald Trump and Shinzo Abe at Mar-a-Lago (Nicholas Kamm / AFP - Getty Images file)
    More

In 2018, the New York Times reported that Trump commonly used insecure cell phones to call friends, and that Chinese and other spies listened in, gaining valuable insights.

Doug Wise, a former CIA officer and Trump critic, argued this week in a piece on the Just Security web site that Trump has long posed a national security danger, and that affording him access to secrets after he leaves the White House would compound that danger.

Trump's large debts, he wrote, present "obvious and alarming counterintelligence risks" to the United States.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, for one, would have a great incentive to pay Trump to act on Russia's behalf, Wise wrote.

"Assuming President Joe Biden follows custom, Trump would continue to have access to sensitive information that the Russians would consider valuable," he wrote. "As horrifying as it would seem, could a financially leveraged former president be pressured or blackmailed into providing Moscow sensitive information in exchange for financial relief and future Russian business considerations?"

It was not impossible to envision Trump paid millions on retainer by Gulf Arab states or other foreign governments, Harvard professor Goldsmith said, "in the course of which he starts blabbing and disclosing lots of secrets. It wouldn't be an express quid pro quo, but people would pay for access to and time with him, knowing that he will not be discreet."

Former CIA Director John Brennan, a frequent Trump critic who was denied access to his own classified file by the president, said the Biden administration should carefully weigh the question of Trump's access to future secrets.

"The new administration would be well-advised to conduct an immediate review to determine whether Donald Trump should have continued access to classified information in light of his past actions and deep concern about what he might do in the future," he said.

Then again, it may never become an issue, said former CIA officer Marc Polymeropoulos, who pointed out that Trump has long displayed "disdain" for American intelligence agencies.

"I would frankly be surprised if he even wanted these briefings," Polymeropoulos said.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    BS44325 said:
    static111 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    @BS44325 is this presser what you would call winning? 4 years? How you feeling? Confident? I’m sure you watched the whole thing, start to finish, being studious as you are, eh professor? 
    Didn't see the presser. Did see the news on the Supreme Court verdict, Israel meeting with the Saudis, and most incredibly the vaccine roll out. Seems like winning to me...although I guess it depends on what one chooses to focus on. With you remaining obsessed with Trump and the election challenges it makes me wonder how you are feeling? Where's your confidence? If only there was a vaccine for TDS.
    Dude.. seriously.  I get lemonade out of lemons but cmon.  
    And on the vaccine, if you think Trump managed the pandemic well,  then you have to be insane.  Even yesterday he's tweeting out to people to "gather". It's so reckless and stupid,  that it's incomprehensible coming from a president. 
    The vaccine is lemonade...

So is this...

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iran/report-top-iranian-nuclear-scientist-assassinated-1.9332192

Fill up my cup. Mazel Tov!
    Nothing says peace like assassinating scientists...
    You don't make peace with terror states. You defeat them. Unlike Obama era wedding drone strikes this type of targeted attack will help reduce Iranian nuclear leverage. Biden will be given a great opportunity to operate from a position of strength. He and you should be thankful for the help.
    I wasn’t aware that scientists are now considered enemy combatants and legal targets of state sanctioned violence.  Seems like a horrible precedent to set as well as a major league internationally destabilizing move.  Hardly what I would call helping anyone.  Can’t wait for the inevitable retaliatory moves.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    you certainly are welcome to. 

but we all know most americans only care about what goes on within their own shores. :wink:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    static111 said:

LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

but we all know most americans only care about what goes on within their own shores. :wink:
    America First baby!!
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    static111 said:

:) 
    Who is the Canadian troll? 
    brianlux said:
    PJNB said:
    brianlux said:

OMG, maybe that's why he's such a cranky mean s.o.b.  But if all that is true, sounds like he did it to himself.  How do people close to him put up with all that?
    It does not matter if it is real or not I am going to pretend it is lol. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Occasionally, but they mostly just lose interest.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    static111 said:

I just spit out my beer! HAHA!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Apologies if this was previously posted!  
    Its frightening how close trump fits this....

'When you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth' - to what extent is this the case?

It is an accepted concept associated with cognitive error within Social Psychology, analogous to: 

Incompetence feeds overconfidence and inhibits recognition of deficiencies;

Memories and perception are incomplete and are subject to being fleshed out in the subconscious mind (confabulation);

Before-the-fact judgments bias perceptions and interpretations;

After-the-fact judgments bias recall;

Belief perseverance, clinging to reasons a faulty belief may be true, even if discredited;

Counterfactual thinking, imagining false scenarios and outcomes;

Cognitive dissonance, when an attitude, belief, or behavior produce a feeling of discomfort forcing alteration of that attitude, belief, or behavior to reduce discomfort and restore balance;

Confirmation bias, confirming information is over-weighted and disconfirming information under-weighted or ignored;

Fundamental attribution error, attributing behavior to personal traits rather than the situation;

Halo effect, perceiving admirable qualities in another based on oversimplification or generalization from one trait to others;

Illusory thinking, consisting of perception of a relationship where none exists, or perceiving a stronger relationship than is true;

Self-fulfilling prophesy, believing leads to behaviors facilitating the expected result (good or bad); and,

Illusory optimism, believing leads to overconfidence, under-preparation, and increased vulnerability to defeat.

Ref:

Myers, D. G. (2012). Social psychology (11th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    edited November 2020
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    @BS44325 is this presser what you would call winning? 4 years? How you feeling? Confident? I’m sure you watched the whole thing, start to finish, being studious as you are, eh professor? 
    Didn't see the presser. Did see the news on the Supreme Court verdict, Israel meeting with the Saudis, and most incredibly the vaccine roll out. Seems like winning to me...although I guess it depends on what one chooses to focus on. With you remaining obsessed with Trump and the election challenges it makes me wonder how you are feeling? Where's your confidence? If only there was a vaccine for TDS.
    And on the vaccine, if you think Trump managed the pandemic well,  then you have to be insane.  Even yesterday he's tweeting out to people to "gather". It's so reckless and stupid,  that it's incomprehensible coming from a president. 

So is this...

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iran/report-top-iranian-nuclear-scientist-assassinated-1.9332192

Oh man,  assassinations are the best.  Did you predict that one too,  like your amazing accuracy? Are you lending a hand to senator- elect John James's transition plan? So much delicious winning for you. 
    Easy man...people on here aren't cool with meltdowns. Did I predict the assassination? Of course not and you know it. I did predict opportunity in defeat though especially with regards to the middle east. Israel met with the Saudis last week...pretty huge news...assassination of the most important nuclear scientist of a terror state followed. Are they related? Who knows but it in my eyes it is "winning". Also in with respect to John James... easy on your revisionist history as it levels your credibility. I did not predict his victory and again you know that. I stated that it would be closer then your amazing polls would suggest and that your Whitmer Plot theory would hold no water. That analysis seems to be correct. The insecurities in this forum are very strange. The way you all make it sound I would be the one having the meltdown?
    How did the US - North Korea meeting go?  You're declaring 'winning' because there was a meeting?  You're declaring 'winning' because the results were closer than the polls? The late polls (three of them) were all +5 with a 3.4 MOE.  The final margin was 1.7 so the polls were wrong by .1.  Give me a break.  The reality is that Trump's presidency was a failure on the big issues.  North Korea, Iran, Pandemic, economy, healthcare.  All failures.  Because some second level middle east countries normalized relationships is hardly the same as settling the West Bank issue which is THE issue in the Middle East along with Iran.  Other key issues like the Yemeni war have not even been touched.  And the American people rewarded Trump with an ass whooping, the kind we simply don't see very often in presidential races.  Winning, indeed. 
    Thanks for proving my point on your Whitmer Plot Theory. The late polls narrowed for both Trump and James following the incident and your bold prediction. The Plot didn't end the race and you had to give each poll their most generous MOE (all coincidentally off in the same direction) to claim you weren't horribly off...again. What else are you consistently wrong about?
    1. The Whitmer plot was real.  What's the debate?  I said the plot ended the race?  Where did I say that?  By the way, Trump lost Michigan pretty handily.
    2. MOE's work in both directions.  That's, you know, statistics.  Sorry if you hate science and math now.  You're all in right wing I guess. 
    3.  I don't declare anything as definitive.  I'm too precise in my words to ever say anything as definitive, other than "I'm definitively playing golf on this beautiful November day because we have a lame duck president".  That's a definitive statement. 
    4. Consistently wrong?  My stretch prediction was 160mm votes and Biden winning by 10 million.  I was wrong about the score, right about the outcome.  You were wrong on all counts with your Trump trash talking.  Let me guess, you hate the neocons and foreign wars now right?  Think for yourself, bandwagon.  
    1. The Whitmer plot was real. You said because of the plot Michigan was lost for the GOP. The citizens would rally around her! I brought up James and said it's interesting that he is doing better then expected even with the plot. You then went into your polls...but not Trafalgar of course...which were apparently evidence of your theory. Your polls were wrong. So was your theory.
    2. MOE's do work in both directions. It's just funny how often they are wrong in the SAME direction.
    3. Seems like a bit of a walk back. Didn't realize when we were discussing your Whitmer Plot Theory that you actually didn't mean it. I wouldn't have wasted my time.
    4. Good job on your stretch prediction...you're the forum's Nate Silver. I only predicted that it "felt like 2016" to me and on the whole I think I was more right then wrong. Polls were off by quite a bit and Trump grew his base support by about 10 million votes...certain states like Florida went yuge in his direction even though he lost ground in others. The GOP gained many seats in the house, held the Senate (so far), and won big down ballot including state legislators responsible for redistricting. So you get the Biden victory and I pretty much get the rest. That's called winning!

Now in terms of the foreign wars I like some and not others...still a neocon. Assassinating Iranian terrorists is right up my alley. But with respect to pulling out troops from Iraq and Afghanistan I'm pretty agnostic right now. With ISIS defeated and Iran back on their heels the current troop presence might not be necessary. That's kind of what happens after "winning". I suppose Biden could be forced to do the "opposite of trump" and keep them there to which I will not complain one bit but my guess is he will maintain current policy while being applauded the whole way. Who knows? With the team who gave you ISIS/Libya/Syria taking over anything can happen.
    1. I seriously doubt that I said that Michigan was definitely but at the end of the day..guess what genius.. Trump lost Michigan.  So what's your point, that I was right, but wasn't super right?  
    2. MOE's are the random result, it can work in any direction any number of times.  Argue with math, not me.
    3. Again, I don't declare things as definitive.  That's not a walk back, that's years of being in business and being a Browns fan.  
    4. The GOP did gain where Trump lost.  That tells you that Trump was enormously unpopular and people were ticket splitting, particularly in Georgia.  Winning, eh?  I made no predictions around the House, did you?  Regarding the Senate, I guessed Peters and was right.  I thought Tillis would win after the Cunningham affair.  I was locked in that Kelly would win in AZ. The only result that surprised me was Collins.  I don't recall you ever opining on that race, but feel free to find your call in that and quote it.  

Is this winning too?  After North Korea, didn't you learn anything?  https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-meeting-in-desert-between-israeli-saudi-leaders-failed-to-reach-normalization-agreement-11606508754
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:

So is this...

Oh man,  assassinations are the best.  Did you predict that one too,  like your amazing accuracy? Are you lending a hand to senator- elect John James's transition plan? So much delicious winning for you. 
    Easy man...people on here aren't cool with meltdowns. Did I predict the assassination? Of course not and you know it. I did predict opportunity in defeat though especially with regards to the middle east. Israel met with the Saudis last week...pretty huge news...assassination of the most important nuclear scientist of a terror state followed. Are they related? Who knows but it in my eyes it is "winning". Also in with respect to John James... easy on your revisionist history as it levels your credibility. I did not predict his victory and again you know that. I stated that it would be closer then your amazing polls would suggest and that your Whitmer Plot theory would hold no water. That analysis seems to be correct. The insecurities in this forum are very strange. The way you all make it sound I would be the one having the meltdown?
    How did the US - North Korea meeting go?  You're declaring 'winning' because there was a meeting?  You're declaring 'winning' because the results were closer than the polls? The late polls (three of them) were all +5 with a 3.4 MOE.  The final margin was 1.7 so the polls were wrong by .1.  Give me a break.  The reality is that Trump's presidency was a failure on the big issues.  North Korea, Iran, Pandemic, economy, healthcare.  All failures.  Because some second level middle east countries normalized relationships is hardly the same as settling the West Bank issue which is THE issue in the Middle East along with Iran.  Other key issues like the Yemeni war have not even been touched.  And the American people rewarded Trump with an ass whooping, the kind we simply don't see very often in presidential races.  Winning, indeed. 
    Thanks for proving my point on your Whitmer Plot Theory. The late polls narrowed for both Trump and James following the incident and your bold prediction. The Plot didn't end the race and you had to give each poll their most generous MOE (all coincidentally off in the same direction) to claim you weren't horribly off...again. What else are you consistently wrong about?
    1. The Whitmer plot was real.  What's the debate?  I said the plot ended the race?  Where did I say that?  By the way, Trump lost Michigan pretty handily.
    2. MOE's work in both directions.  That's, you know, statistics.  Sorry if you hate science and math now.  You're all in right wing I guess. 
    3.  I don't declare anything as definitive.  I'm too precise in my words to ever say anything as definitive, other than "I'm definitively playing golf on this beautiful November day because we have a lame duck president".  That's a definitive statement. 
    4. Consistently wrong?  My stretch prediction was 160mm votes and Biden winning by 10 million.  I was wrong about the score, right about the outcome.  You were wrong on all counts with your Trump trash talking.  Let me guess, you hate the neocons and foreign wars now right?  Think for yourself, bandwagon.  
    1. The Whitmer plot was real. You said because of the plot Michigan was lost for the GOP. The citizens would rally around her! I brought up James and said it's interesting that he is doing better then expected even with the plot. You then went into your polls...but not Trafalgar of course...which were apparently evidence of your theory. Your polls were wrong. So was your theory.
    2. MOE's do work in both directions. It's just funny how often they are wrong in the SAME direction.
    3. Seems like a bit of a walk back. Didn't realize when we were discussing your Whitmer Plot Theory that you actually didn't mean it. I wouldn't have wasted my time.
    4. Good job on your stretch prediction...you're the forum's Nate Silver. I only predicted that it "felt like 2016" to me and on the whole I think I was more right then wrong. Polls were off by quite a bit and Trump grew his base support by about 10 million votes...certain states like Florida went yuge in his direction even though he lost ground in others. The GOP gained many seats in the house, held the Senate (so far), and won big down ballot including state legislators responsible for redistricting. So you get the Biden victory and I pretty much get the rest. That's called winning!

Now in terms of the foreign wars I like some and not others...still a neocon. Assassinating Iranian terrorists is right up my alley. But with respect to pulling out troops from Iraq and Afghanistan I'm pretty agnostic right now. With ISIS defeated and Iran back on their heels the current troop presence might not be necessary. That's kind of what happens after "winning". I suppose Biden could be forced to do the "opposite of trump" and keep them there to which I will not complain one bit but my guess is he will maintain current policy while being applauded the whole way. Who knows? With the team who gave you ISIS/Libya/Syria taking over anything can happen.
    1. I seriously doubt that I said that Michigan was definitely but at the end of the day..guess what genius.. Trump lost Michigan.  So what's your point, that I was right, but wasn't super right?  
    2. MOE's are the random result, it can work in any direction any number of times.  Argue with math, not me.
    3. Again, I don't declare things as definitive.  That's not a walk back, that's years of being in business and being a Browns fan.  
    4. The GOP did gain where Trump lost.  That tells you that Trump was enormously unpopular and people were ticket splitting, particularly in Georgia.  Winning, eh?  I made no predictions around the House, did you?  Regarding the Senate, I guessed Peters and was right.  I thought Tillis would win after the Cunningham affair.  I was locked in that Kelly would win in AZ. The only result that surprised me was Collins.  I don't recall you ever opining on that race, but feel free to find your call in that and quote it.  

Is this winning too?  After North Korea, didn't you learn anything?  https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-meeting-in-desert-between-israeli-saudi-leaders-failed-to-reach-normalization-agreement-11606508754

will you c/p that article please?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
      https://news.yahoo.com/trump-declares-twitter-national-security-104838289.html

US president demands fundamental change to internet in angry late-night tweets

• Going full on dictator, yo. Maybe Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat can add bonesaw to the list of methods?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/politics/federal-execution-new-rule-firing-squads/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2020
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I don't know it for a fact but Trumpy's "tough guy" little fingerprints are ALL OVER this Tehran incident.

BACK TO THE LINKS!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:

So is this...

will you c/p that article please?
    I tried and can't.  Its from my ipad and can't copy and paste it.  The membership is a work one and I can't remember the pw to log in on the pc.  I'll find it.
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

• BOO!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

I really appreciate you and others who are not Americans giving us your perspective (I think Bentleys' comment was meant for one poster, not all non-U.S. posters).  I think it's super helpful and interesting to see how others look at us as a nation.  And we should listen.  The U.S. has a HUGE influence on what happens in most parts of the rest of the world, and you have all the reason in the world to voice an opinion. 

I have friends in Germany who give me both a reflection of the things that makes this country great (they love visiting here), and the things that bring us much shame (especially these last four years.)

edited November 2020

Scary

You think MSB is a good ally? Just curious on your take about Trump's alliance with the Saudis, their sponsorship on 9/11 and the criminal war in Yeman.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    brianlux said:

I really appreciate you and others who are not Americans giving us your perspective (I think Bentleys' comment was meant for one poster, not all non-U.S. posters).  I think it's super helpful and interesting to see how others look at us as a nation.  And we should listen.  The U.S. has a HUGE influence on what happens in most parts of the rest of the world, and you have all the reason in the world to voice an opinion. 

I have friends in Germany who give me both a reflection of the things that makes this country great (they love visiting here), and the things that bring us much shame (especially these last four years.)

Actually I was curious if there were any Americans who troll the Canadian politics thread.
    I know almost nothing about their politics and politicians so I don't go on there.
    I too am interested in the opinions of non-Americans but don't understand a non-American showing support for a racist xenophobe.

I regularly receive comments, opinions, and questions from friends and family in other countries regard the current American political shitstorm and they are all happy that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were elected.
    brianlux said:

Actually I was curious if there were any Americans who troll the Canadian politics thread.
    I know almost nothing about their politics and politicians so I don't go on there.
    I too am interested in the opinions of non-Americans but don't understand a non-American showing support for a racist xenophobe.

I regularly receive comments, opinions, and questions from friends and family in other countries regard the current American political shitstorm and they are all happy that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were elected.
    Yeah, my non-U.S. friends are happy and even sound relieved.  Me too!

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    mrussel1 said:

Scary

You think MSB is a good ally? Just curious on your take about Trump's alliance with the Saudis, their sponsorship on 9/11 and the criminal war in Yeman.

When news is consumed from memes and FB....

Facts and reason will escape them
    Smellyman said:
    mrussel1 said:

Scary

When news is consumed from memes and FB....

Facts and reason will escape them
    MSB has real problems with Trump leaving.  Biden already indicated he would curtail arms sales and treat the Saudis like a pariah state.  There will be consequences for the murder and other actions.  
This discussion has been closed.