______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

I almost played Revolver today, but put on Abbey Road instead. I will listen to this tomorrow. 
  • ^^^ can’t go wrong either way 👍.  Strangely enough my hand was on Abbey Road and I thought “I want to hear Elanor Rigby” and switched it up. 

• Try their live album. It's great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:

Yay - glad you it set up and running!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    GlowGirl said:

Yay - glad you it set up and running!
    Yup. All set up and running great. Love it. 

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Iiiiii like the rumble of the desiel, smell of the oil, grandad was a farmer but I couldn't stand the soil, like to keep it simple helps to keep me sane like floatin in the ocean it nullifies the pain
    The Waterfall 
    Feist-Metals 

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Billy Joel 52nd Street 
    side 1 
    1. "Big Shot" – 4:03
    2. "Honesty" – 3:52
    3. "My Life" – 4:44
    4. "Zanzibar" – 5:13
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:

Is that a UK original?  How is it?
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

No, DECCA US Original. The original UK pressings are on Track Records. I don't have a Track, I have read they are better, but the best US are supposedly the original DECCAs. I like mine, but I'm going eventually buy the Kevin Gray cut he did a few years ago, even though its digital, I understand it is VERY good. Plus my original DECCA has some surface noise, so I would love a silent copy of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8fpotbMao
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

No, DECCA US Original. The original UK pressings are on Track Records. I don't have a Track, I have read they are better, but the best US are supposedly the original DECCAs. I like mine, but I'm going eventually buy the Kevin Gray cut he did a few years ago, even though its digital, I understand it is VERY good. Plus my original DECCA has some surface noise, so I would love a silent copy of this.

That was interesting. Of course I looked  at my copy and it was the 1970s MCA black label which he said was one of the worst. 
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

That was interesting. Of course I looked  at my copy and it was the 1970s MCA black label which he said was one of the worst. 
    Once, you get the vinyl bug... chasing the "best" copies can be a fun and 'expensive' side hobby.

GlowGirl said:

Very nice. I'm a huge Doors fan, that was an unusual release.

MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

Very nice. I'm a huge Doors fan, that was an unusual release.
    The sound quality on this album is amazing.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:

Pink Capricorn is the way to go!  I have the Newbury clear vinyl, which is excellent and clean.  But the original Cap just has more life and urgency to it.  It's like it explodes from the first note and never lets up.