SNOWFLAKE?

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
for close to 4 years those opposed to fuckstick have been called this and worse. maybe in a few cases its warranted but now?.........

this is for examples of flake behavior.....

we'll start here....

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporter-files-restraining-order-234524378.html

Michael Mason says he is tired of being ‘harassed’ for supporting president

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    edited November 2020
    That term has been used since before Trump was even a candidate. I think it started when some Yale students were complaining about not having a safe space or something.  In true MAGA fashion, it devolved into just another term for liberals. And also in true MAGA fashion, it’s almost always a projection from people who melt down at kneeling during the anthem, somehow take it personally when our great president is criticized, and generally find it to be different when is they who are offended.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    well all of us snowflakes came together and formed a big ass avalanche and are about to rid the white house of the trumper stain.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mickeyrat said:
    for close to 4 years those opposed to fuckstick have been called this and worse. maybe in a few cases its warranted but now?.........

this is for examples of flake behavior.....

we'll start here....

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporter-files-restraining-order-234524378.html

Michael Mason says he is tired of being ‘harassed’ for supporting president

my neighbor was proudly flying a trump 2020 flag on his house from early october through election day. on saturday when biden was declared the winner he tacked an american flag upside down on the front of his house. it has been there every day since. i drive by and think to myself, "now THAT is a snowflake."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Yeah I believe David Clarke started that term up here in Wisconsin.  So glad that douche bag is no longer the sheriff in my district.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Yeah I believe David Clarke started that term up here in Wisconsin.  So glad that douche bag is no longer the sheriff in my district.
    is that the one that looks like he collected a bunch of boxes of cereal just to get the fake plastic medals out of the boxes?

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    is that the one that looks like he collected a bunch of boxes of cereal just to get the fake plastic medals out of the boxes?
    that's the one...the Cracker Jack Sheriff
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Makes me wonder how he celebrated the 2016 election...karma is a bitch.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    DewieCox said:

dig the ohio flag on the one on the right....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Snoooooowwwwwwflaaaaaakes

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 
    I'm trying to ride outside the lines myself.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I think they mean a caring sensitive person. Im happy to be that.
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    brianlux said:

What about when you’re both?
    DewieCox said:
    brianlux said:

Don't most of us run the gamut to some degree?  Yes, I do.

So let me ask y'all this:
    Have you ever been listening to music and found yourself in tears simply because of the sheer brilliance of what you are listening to?  I have.  Am I a snowflake?

And (less often for me, but in the same vein), while reading something?  Last night, I was reading Wendell Berry's book, Hannah Coulter.  I honestly think Wendell Berry is America's greatest living author and I have been told by other readers more astute than myself that they believe the same.  I was reading this passage that was so beautifully and perfectly written, I was moved to tears.  And it wasn't because it was a sad part of the book, it was because I was overwhelmed by how beautifully and perfectly this passage- and I would say the whole work- is written.  Does that make me a snowflake?

OK, fine.

Best Falling Snow GIFs  Gfycat

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited November 2020
    Another example.  My father was an Aviation Machinist's Mate in WWII.  When he was very old, he used to tell me stories about being in the Solomon Islands.  The stories were not sad, just old, old memories that sometimes brought him to tears.  Pop was a tough old son of a bitch, but some memories simply moved him to tears.  Was he a snowflake?

If I am a snowflake (I'm not directing this at anyone, just saying in general), then I am proud to be one.  Label me whatever the fuck you want to.  I'm happy with who I am.
    If I am a snowflake (I'm not directing this at anyone, just saying in general), then I am proud to be one.  Label me whatever the fuck you want to.  I'm happy with who I am.

Good for you, man,  right on!

I have to say, I really hate labels.  We're all different and we're all something and name calling never changed anyone.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And yet, labels are used here every single day. Go figure! It seems to make things easier for some. 

When I use the term snowflake, I’m not talking about emotion over art, etc. I see it as whining over inconsequential shit and playing the victim card. 

Big difference. 
    hedonist said:
    And yet, labels are used here every single day. Go figure! It seems to make things easier for some. 

When I use the term snowflake, I’m not talking about emotion over art, etc. I see it as whining over inconsequential shit and playing the victim card. 

Big difference. 

Interesting, but OK, I see what you're getting at.  I guess I just don't know people who do that.  Or maybe I accept the fact that we all have differing perspective and what might seem inconsequential to me is a big deal to someone else.  For example, a helicopter flying overhead  is inconsequential to me, but to my neighbor who has PTSD from Vietnam, it is fucking hell.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’m not such an asshole to consider PTSD as unimportant. C’mon now. I’m talking about boo-hooing about nonsense like so-and-so said something mean to me, I’m entitled to this, you’re X because you said a word that triggers me. Sometimes people need to choose their battles and yes, toughen up a bit.

Life isn’t a cakewalk all the time. 
    hedonist said:
    I’m not such an asshole to consider PTSD as unimportant. C’mon now. I’m talking about boo-hooing about nonsense like so-and-so said something mean to me, I’m entitled to this, you’re X because you said a word that triggers me. Sometimes people need to choose their battles and yes, toughen up a bit.

Life isn’t a cakewalk all the time. 

Oh heck no, I know you are not that!  Didn't mean to imply that at all!

brianlux said:
    DewieCox said:
    brianlux said:

Don't most of us run the gamut to some degree?  Yes, I do.

So let me ask y'all this:
    Have you ever been listening to music and found yourself in tears simply because of the sheer brilliance of what you are listening to?  I have.  Am I a snowflake?

And (less often for me, but in the same vein), while reading something?  Last night, I was reading Wendell Berry's book, Hannah Coulter.  I honestly think Wendell Berry is America's greatest living author and I have been told by other readers more astute than myself that they believe the same.  I was reading this passage that was so beautifully and perfectly written, I was moved to tears.  And it wasn't because it was a sad part of the book, it was because I was overwhelmed by how beautifully and perfectly this passage- and I would say the whole work- is written.  Does that make me a snowflake?

OK, fine.

Best Falling Snow GIFs  Gfycat

I don’t think of a snowflake as someone that’s simply “overly” sensitive. More people that look for reasons to be offended and outright make up reasons or a willful ignorance about that which offends them. 

Everyone has a different life experience that informs their attitudes and while I try not to judge,  the transparency and hypocrisy people display can be maddening. 

I’m not disregarding that everyone has their own hang ups as far as this goes but keeping an open mind and heart is paramount to offsetting it as much as possible.
  • I always thought a snowflake was someone who basically wanted rules made for them so they didn't have to deal with any pressure?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    Shut up snowflake...

Exactly.
    I've had people tell me, "Don't get you panties in a knot."  Well, the truth is, I've never worn panties.  I did wear one of my wife's dresses once though.  Now that might have been cause to call me a snowflake.  Or just plain ugly

So with that in mind, I give you Snowflakes:
    Frank Zappa  The Mothers of Invention - Take your clothes off when you  dance 1968 mix - YouTube

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Shut up snowflake...

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    Shut up snowflake...

Oh man I was hoping for the laughing emoji... Failed on that one...
  • brianlux said:

Exactly.
    I've had people tell me, "Don't get you panties in a knot."  Well, the truth is, I've never worn panties.  I did wear one of my wife's dresses once though.  Now that might have been cause to call me a snowflake.  Or just plain ugly

So with that in mind, I give you Snowflakes:
    Frank Zappa  The Mothers of Invention - Take your clothes off when you  dance 1968 mix - YouTube

No, we would have called you Brianne!
    Dig these snowflakes!  My favorites!
    The Replacements RiotFest Denver  September 21 2013