Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

SNOWFLAKE?

for close to 4 years those opposed to fuckstick have been called this and worse. maybe in a few cases its warranted but now?.........

this is for examples of flake behavior.....

we'll start here....

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporter-files-restraining-order-234524378.html

Michael Mason says he is tired of being ‘harassed’ for supporting president

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
«13

Comments

  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 3,266
    edited November 12
    That term has been used since before Trump was even a candidate. I think it started when some Yale students were complaining about not having a safe space or something.  In true MAGA fashion, it devolved into just another term for liberals. And also in true MAGA fashion, it’s almost always a projection from people who melt down at kneeling during the anthem, somehow take it personally when our great president is criticized, and generally find it to be different when is they who are offended.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 18,016
    well all of us snowflakes came together and formed a big ass avalanche and are about to rid the white house of the trumper stain.
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

    "i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

    If you have never failed, you have never lived.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 18,016
    mickeyrat said:
    for close to 4 years those opposed to fuckstick have been called this and worse. maybe in a few cases its warranted but now?.........

    this is for examples of flake behavior.....

    we'll start here....

    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporter-files-restraining-order-234524378.html

    Michael Mason says he is tired of being ‘harassed’ for supporting president

    my neighbor was proudly flying a trump 2020 flag on his house from early october through election day. on saturday when biden was declared the winner he tacked an american flag upside down on the front of his house. it has been there every day since. i drive by and think to myself, "now THAT is a snowflake."
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

    "i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

    If you have never failed, you have never lived.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO NativePosts: 1,834
    Yeah I believe David Clarke started that term up here in Wisconsin.  So glad that douche bag is no longer the sheriff in my district.
    Folded over, forced in a choke hold
    Outnumbered and held down
    All of this talk of rapture
    Look around at the promise NOW,...
    Here and now
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 18,016
    Yeah I believe David Clarke started that term up here in Wisconsin.  So glad that douche bag is no longer the sheriff in my district.
    is that the one that looks like he collected a bunch of boxes of cereal just to get the fake plastic medals out of the boxes?
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

    "i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

    If you have never failed, you have never lived.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 11,102
    Yeah I believe David Clarke started that term up here in Wisconsin.  So glad that douche bag is no longer the sheriff in my district.
    is that the one that looks like he collected a bunch of boxes of cereal just to get the fake plastic medals out of the boxes?
    that's the one...the Cracker Jack Sheriff
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO NativePosts: 1,834
    Makes me wonder how he celebrated the 2016 election...karma is a bitch.
    Folded over, forced in a choke hold
    Outnumbered and held down
    All of this talk of rapture
    Look around at the promise NOW,...
    Here and now
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 10,862

  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 19,325
    DewieCox said:


    dig the ohio flag on the one on the right....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SmellymanSmellyman AsiaPosts: 4,297
    Snoooooowwwwwwflaaaaaakes



  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 
    I'm trying to ride outside the lines myself.

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • I think they mean a caring sensitive person. Im happy to be that.
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 
    I'm trying to ride outside the lines myself.



    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 10,862
    brianlux said:
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 
    I'm trying to ride outside the lines myself.

    What about when you’re both?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    DewieCox said:
    brianlux said:
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 
    I'm trying to ride outside the lines myself.

    What about when you’re both?

    Don't most of us run the gamut to some degree?  Yes, I do.

    So let me ask y'all this:
    Have you ever been listening to music and found yourself in tears simply because of the sheer brilliance of what you are listening to?  I have.  Am I a snowflake?

    And (less often for me, but in the same vein), while reading something?  Last night, I was reading Wendell Berry's book, Hannah Coulter.  I honestly think Wendell Berry is America's greatest living author and I have been told by other readers more astute than myself that they believe the same.  I was reading this passage that was so beautifully and perfectly written, I was moved to tears.  And it wasn't because it was a sad part of the book, it was because I was overwhelmed by how beautifully and perfectly this passage- and I would say the whole work- is written.  Does that make me a snowflake?

    OK, fine.

    Best Falling Snow GIFs  Gfycat

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    edited November 13
    Another example.  My father was an Aviation Machinist's Mate in WWII.  When he was very old, he used to tell me stories about being in the Solomon Islands.  The stories were not sad, just old, old memories that sometimes brought him to tears.  Pop was a tough old son of a bitch, but some memories simply moved him to tears.  Was he a snowflake?
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO NativePosts: 1,834
    If I am a snowflake (I'm not directing this at anyone, just saying in general), then I am proud to be one.  Label me whatever the fuck you want to.  I'm happy with who I am.
    Folded over, forced in a choke hold
    Outnumbered and held down
    All of this talk of rapture
    Look around at the promise NOW,...
    Here and now
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    If I am a snowflake (I'm not directing this at anyone, just saying in general), then I am proud to be one.  Label me whatever the fuck you want to.  I'm happy with who I am.

    Good for you, man,  right on!

    I have to say, I really hate labels.  We're all different and we're all something and name calling never changed anyone.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,320
    And yet, labels are used here every single day. Go figure! It seems to make things easier for some. 

    When I use the term snowflake, I’m not talking about emotion over art, etc. I see it as whining over inconsequential shit and playing the victim card. 

    Big difference. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    hedonist said:
    And yet, labels are used here every single day. Go figure! It seems to make things easier for some. 

    When I use the term snowflake, I’m not talking about emotion over art, etc. I see it as whining over inconsequential shit and playing the victim card. 

    Big difference. 

    Interesting, but OK, I see what you're getting at.  I guess I just don't know people who do that.  Or maybe I accept the fact that we all have differing perspective and what might seem inconsequential to me is a big deal to someone else.  For example, a helicopter flying overhead  is inconsequential to me, but to my neighbor who has PTSD from Vietnam, it is fucking hell.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,320
    I’m not such an asshole to consider PTSD as unimportant. C’mon now. I’m talking about boo-hooing about nonsense like so-and-so said something mean to me, I’m entitled to this, you’re X because you said a word that triggers me. Sometimes people need to choose their battles and yes, toughen up a bit.

    Life isn’t a cakewalk all the time. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    hedonist said:
    I’m not such an asshole to consider PTSD as unimportant. C’mon now. I’m talking about boo-hooing about nonsense like so-and-so said something mean to me, I’m entitled to this, you’re X because you said a word that triggers me. Sometimes people need to choose their battles and yes, toughen up a bit.

    Life isn’t a cakewalk all the time. 

    Oh heck no, I know you are not that!  Didn't mean to imply that at all!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 10,862
    brianlux said:
    DewieCox said:
    brianlux said:
    So what's better or worse, a snowflake or a cold hearted son of a bitch?  Good question, eh? 
    I'm trying to ride outside the lines myself.

    What about when you’re both?

    Don't most of us run the gamut to some degree?  Yes, I do.

    So let me ask y'all this:
    Have you ever been listening to music and found yourself in tears simply because of the sheer brilliance of what you are listening to?  I have.  Am I a snowflake?

    And (less often for me, but in the same vein), while reading something?  Last night, I was reading Wendell Berry's book, Hannah Coulter.  I honestly think Wendell Berry is America's greatest living author and I have been told by other readers more astute than myself that they believe the same.  I was reading this passage that was so beautifully and perfectly written, I was moved to tears.  And it wasn't because it was a sad part of the book, it was because I was overwhelmed by how beautifully and perfectly this passage- and I would say the whole work- is written.  Does that make me a snowflake?

    OK, fine.

    Best Falling Snow GIFs  Gfycat

    I don’t think of a snowflake as someone that’s simply “overly” sensitive. More people that look for reasons to be offended and outright make up reasons or a willful ignorance about that which offends them. 

    Everyone has a different life experience that informs their attitudes and while I try not to judge,  the transparency and hypocrisy people display can be maddening. 

    I’m not disregarding that everyone has their own hang ups as far as this goes but keeping an open mind and heart is paramount to offsetting it as much as possible.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,793
    I always thought a snowflake was someone who basically wanted rules made for them so they didn't have to deal with any pressure?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 23,843
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,793
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    Shut up snowflake...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 

    Exactly.
    I've had people tell me, "Don't get you panties in a knot."  Well, the truth is, I've never worn panties.  I did wear one of my wife's dresses once though.  Now that might have been cause to call me a snowflake.  Or just plain ugly

    So with that in mind, I give you Snowflakes:
    Frank Zappa  The Mothers of Invention - Take your clothes off when you  dance 1968 mix - YouTube

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 23,843
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    Shut up snowflake...

    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,793
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 
    Shut up snowflake...

    Oh man I was hoping for the laughing emoji... Failed on that one...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,793
    brianlux said:
    meh, we're all snowflakes from time to time, I would imagine. 

    Exactly.
    I've had people tell me, "Don't get you panties in a knot."  Well, the truth is, I've never worn panties.  I did wear one of my wife's dresses once though.  Now that might have been cause to call me a snowflake.  Or just plain ugly

    So with that in mind, I give you Snowflakes:
    Frank Zappa  The Mothers of Invention - Take your clothes off when you  dance 1968 mix - YouTube

    No, we would have called you Brianne!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,814
    Dig these snowflakes!  My favorites!
    The Replacements RiotFest Denver  September 21 2013

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










Sign In or Register to comment.