Pet Peeves

1151617181921»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    I've been away from the boards for a few months, so to welcome myself back in true form, I dug this thread up instead of posting to a positive one 😜😜

People who aren't "morning people"...
    The position of the hands on a clock do not ever entitle you to act like a grumpy asshole, get your shit together!
    On a related note...
    People who "can't function without caffeine" and are "always tired" suck it up buttercup, and maybe if you didn't drive coffee all day you might get some decent sleep?  Go figure.

Ha.  My pop was the only other adult I have lived with/around for any length of time who was like I am in the AM.
    Sure, I don't love to get out of bed at 4:00AM on those days....but I fucking love to get up and get going early. 
    Drives those I live(d) with pretty nutty.  Once up my motor is on full and ready to go. 

My wife is 100% the type of person who does/says all of the stuff you comment on. 
    Totally over it being a pet peeve since most people seem to be similar to this.

Not sure if I put this in here or not before but a big pet peeve is people trying to speak Latin.
    Fuck your "per se".  Cannot stand that.

Wife denied your morning sausage?

See the source image

Hahahaha.

So.
    Many.
    Times.
    isn't that the very definition of marriage?
    Not necessarily... :whistle:
    comically/stereotypically speaking it is. but of course there are many factors. medications, kids, etc.....
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    I've been away from the boards for a few months, so to welcome myself back in true form, I dug this thread up instead of posting to a positive one 😜😜

The position of the hands on a clock do not ever entitle you to act like a grumpy asshole, get your shit together!
    On a related note...
    People who "can't function without caffeine" and are "always tired" suck it up buttercup, and maybe if you didn't drive coffee all day you might get some decent sleep?  Go figure.

Ha.  My pop was the only other adult I have lived with/around for any length of time who was like I am in the AM.
    Sure, I don't love to get out of bed at 4:00AM on those days....but I fucking love to get up and get going early. 
    Drives those I live(d) with pretty nutty.  Once up my motor is on full and ready to go. 

My wife is 100% the type of person who does/says all of the stuff you comment on. 

Not sure if I put this in here or not before but a big pet peeve is people trying to speak Latin.

See the source image

Hahahaha.

So.
    Many.
    Times.
    So there is hope?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:

On a related note...

See the source image

Hahahaha.

So.
    Many.
    Times.
    So there is hope?
    I can only speak for myself ;)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    Don’t know if I’d call this a pet peeve, I just think it’s weird. Been cleaning out the house and selling a lot on FB and Craigslist. When people get here, no one rings the door bell. They all sit in their car and message me they are here. Even if it’s a guitar or electronics they want to test out first and not just do porch pickup. I don’t get it, I don’t always have my phone with me and sometimes they sit there for 10 minutes until I respond.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    mace1229 said:
    Don’t know if I’d call this a pet peeve, I just think it’s weird. Been cleaning out the house and selling a lot on FB and Craigslist. When people get here, no one rings the door bell. They all sit in their car and message me they are here. Even if it’s a guitar or electronics they want to test out first and not just do porch pickup. I don’t get it, I don’t always have my phone with me and sometimes they sit there for 10 minutes until I respond.
    Your pet peeve reminded me of a friend I had in the mid 1990s. The buzzer to her building was perpetually broken. So whenever I went over there I had to call her from the pay phone on her block (pre cell phones) and then she would have to throw the key to her building down to me from her second floor apartment. Last I heard she moved to Finland. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    GlowGirl said:
    mace1229 said:
    Your pet peeve reminded me of a friend I had in the mid 1990s. The buzzer to her building was perpetually broken. So whenever I went over there I had to call her from the pay phone on her block (pre cell phones) and then she would have to throw the key to her building down to me from her second floor apartment. Last I heard she moved to Finland. 
    That last line threw me for a loop. Like a Kramer line. Lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    GlowGirl said:
    mace1229 said:
    That last line threw me for a loop. Like a Kramer line. Lol
    Do you think J Peterman would buy that story from me 😉