Pet Peeves

Comments

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I don't necessarily snooze, but I set at least three alarms, because ZMAs ruined me. 
  • pjhawks said:
    People who dress inappropriately for the weather, it’s 38 degrees and you’re  wearing shorts you’re an idiot.  I am convinced these same people will only wear shorts when it’s over 75 and under 45 degrees.

people who don’t take their trash cans back from the curb after trash is picked up for a day or more
    I wear shorts when ever i can!
  • Just thouht of one.

Go to a concert and see people wearing brand new denim jackets with all the band patches on them.  The only time this jacket sees any wear is going to the one or two shows a year that they attend.

Rock on!
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Another show observation/pet peeve:
    Beer farts. I am short. At shows, all I see are shoulders, backs and asses. Standing in the green ass fog is terrible. Please, let the short people breathe! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:
    I hate the snooze button.
    Really, what’s the point? If you set your alarm for 6:00 and hit snooze 3 times before getting up, why not set your alarm for 6:30 instead?
    It's a time-taking process for me to wake up, and the snooze button is one of the greatest inventions ever in my experience. I cannot hit the alarm and spring out of bed in one go.  Most mornings I don't even realize that I hit the snooze the first time, it's just a subconscious reaction. The second time the alarm goes off is usually when my awareness starts to kick in but I'm not awake so I'll snooze a 2nd time. Then when the alarm goes off the third time I get up & start getting ready for work. For me, setting the alarm a half hour later would just start that process a half hour later.
    Ditto. I NEED the snooze. Alarm goes off the first time, it's the "Oh fuck, noooooooooooooooooooooooo" stage of waking up. Snooze for real - I go half back to sleep. On the second round, I am able to face reality better, and really start pulling out of sleep mode. Snooze but not really - I am awake enough to start thinking about the shit I need to do that day. By the next time the alarm sounds, I'm more anxious about what I need to get up and do than I am tired, and that gets me out of bed. :lol:
    All I can think about reading this is that if you didn't happen to be this way, you would think it was totally irrational and dumb and it would be a pet peeve to you lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    People who dress inappropriately for the weather, it’s 38 degrees and you’re  wearing shorts you’re an idiot.  I am convinced these same people will only wear shorts when it’s over 75 and under 45 degrees.

people who don’t take their trash cans back from the curb after trash is picked up for a day or more
    and if it's 38 degrees your legs are cold. don't even try to tell me they are not.  it's absurd to wear shorts in cold weather.
  • pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

and if it's 38 degrees your legs are cold. don't even try to tell me they are not.  it's absurd to wear shorts in cold weather.
    I'm still going in the ocean if it makes it any easier for you to understand...
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

haha yes i understand some people like to revel in their idiocy :)
  • pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

haha yes i understand some people like to revel in their idiocy :)
    Just built differently Hoss.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjhawks said:

I used to wear shorts year round.  As long as my upper body was warm, I was fine.  These days, I'm too old & way too cold for that shit!  I hate everything under 80 degrees now.  I do refuse to wear pants from April 1 - October 31 though.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    there's a guy in winnipeg who hasn't worn pants since 2001. During the CFL western division finals of that year, Winnipeg Blue Bombers were heavily favoured to win the Grey Cup, and we were handily winning this game as well. The guy made a friendly bet with his friends he was watching the game with that he wouldn't wear pants again until the Bombers won the cup (he was wearing shorts that day, and it was November). Then, near the end of the game, our quarterback's arm got broken. Championship game the following week, we have a new QB that has never played an actual CFL game. We lost the grey cup game and still haven't won it. The last time we won it was 1990. (BEFORE TEN CAME OUT).  In an 8-10 team league (depending on the year), we haven't won it in nearly 30 years. 

and you all know what winnipeg winters are like. 

hopefully we win the cup this sunday so the guy can wear some pants. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

there's a guy in winnipeg who hasn't worn pants since 2001. During the CFL western division finals of that year, Winnipeg Blue Bombers were heavily favoured to win the Grey Cup, and we were handily winning this game as well. The guy made a friendly bet with his friends he was watching the game with that he wouldn't wear pants again until the Bombers won the cup (he was wearing shorts that day, and it was November). Then, near the end of the game, our quarterback's arm got broken. Championship game the following week, we have a new QB that has never played an actual CFL game. We lost the grey cup game and still haven't won it. The last time we won it was 1990. (BEFORE TEN CAME OUT).  In an 8-10 team league (depending on the year), we haven't won it in nearly 30 years. 

and you all know what winnipeg winters are like. 

hopefully we win the cup this sunday so the guy can wear some pants. 
    now that's a great story other than not winning a title.  go Blue Bombers so that man can wear some pants
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    It’s snowed today. I hate shoveling the sidewalk. Especially since we moved to a corner house and now have about 3 times the sidewalk as most. And if I don’t shovel almost as it drops it will usually freeze and becomes almost impossible. But then I risk a ticket or lawsuit. 
    I thank you for shoveling your walk.  I realize that you kind of have to, but when we walked the mile to school, most people around here didn't shovel.  Would you like to know why?  In my city, if you leave the snow and someone falls, it is an act of God.  If you shovel it, they fall, then you and your homeowner's insurance get to enjoy a lawsuit because you are now liable.  

My almost 16 year old child could come shovel for you.  It is one of her chores.  I'm happy to share.  :smiley: 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Co-workers that say the word fuuuutherrr (further) and not another damn word in the southern dialect.
  • Fake people piss me off
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Why do they keep ruining films by casting Ryan Reynolds? If I wanted to see an average looking bloke I'd just leave the house!
  • Why do they keep ruining films by casting Ryan Reynolds? If I wanted to see an average looking bloke I'd just leave the house!
    For shame... Reynolds is awesome!
    Why do they keep ruining films by casting Ryan Reynolds? If I wanted to see an average looking bloke I'd just leave the house!
    For shame... Reynolds is awesome!
    My guess is that perhaps you aren't looking at him in the same way as WCD might be. :wink:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I hate when posters are too lazy to personalize their icon/avatar (?) and it’s the same default one as mine. So when I scroll through a thread I think I’ve made all these comments when I see my generic picture.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited February 2020
    mace1229 said:
    I hate when posters are too lazy to personalize their icon/avatar (?) and it’s the same default one as mine. So when I scroll through a thread I think I’ve made all these comments when I see my generic picture.
    Guilty :blush:

(and the same thing happens to me too)

Maybe I’ll change mine one of these days. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've been away from the boards for a few months, so to welcome myself back in true form, I dug this thread up instead of posting to a positive one 😜😜

People who aren't "morning people"...
    The position of the hands on a clock do not ever entitle you to act like a grumpy asshole, get your shit together!
    On a related note...
    People who "can't function without caffeine" and are "always tired" suck it up buttercup, and maybe if you didn't drive coffee all day you might get some decent sleep?  Go figure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    I've been away from the boards for a few months, so to welcome myself back in true form, I dug this thread up instead of posting to a positive one 😜😜

The position of the hands on a clock do not ever entitle you to act like a grumpy asshole, get your shit together!
    On a related note...
    People who "can't function without caffeine" and are "always tired" suck it up buttercup, and maybe if you didn't drive coffee all day you might get some decent sleep?  Go figure.
    gambo! It’s good to see you. I hope you and your family are all healthy. 

My mom used to be one of those (maybe she still is?) - when she was in the hospital ages ago, she actually went through bad withdrawals without caffeine.

I haven’t touched coffee for almost ten years :)
    Why do they keep ruining films by casting Ryan Reynolds? If I wanted to see an average looking bloke I'd just leave the house!
    he's hilarious and gorgeous. 

besides dwayne the rock johnson, he's my number one man crush. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    rgambs said:

On a related note...

Ha.  My pop was the only other adult I have lived with/around for any length of time who was like I am in the AM.
    Sure, I don't love to get out of bed at 4:00AM on those days....but I fucking love to get up and get going early. 
    Drives those I live(d) with pretty nutty.  Once up my motor is on full and ready to go. 

My wife is 100% the type of person who does/says all of the stuff you comment on. 
    Totally over it being a pet peeve since most people seem to be similar to this.

Not sure if I put this in here or not before but a big pet peeve is people trying to speak Latin.
    Fuck your "per se".  Cannot stand that.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    i love waking up and spending as much time as possible in bed while still awake/half awake. especially in cold weather. super comfy. 

just before i quit years and years ago, i'd wake up, light up a cigarette, and lie there inhaling the toxins like a fucking rock star. LOL it was disgusting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    rgambs said:

On a related note...

Ha.  My pop was the only other adult I have lived with/around for any length of time who was like I am in the AM.
    Sure, I don't love to get out of bed at 4:00AM on those days....but I fucking love to get up and get going early. 
    Drives those I live(d) with pretty nutty.  Once up my motor is on full and ready to go. 

My wife is 100% the type of person who does/says all of the stuff you comment on. 

Not sure if I put this in here or not before but a big pet peeve is people trying to speak Latin.

Wife denied your morning sausage?

See the source image
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:

On a related note...

See the source image

Hahahaha.

So.
    Many.
    Times.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:

On a related note...

See the source image

Hahahaha.

So.
    Many.
    Times.
    isn't that the very definition of marriage?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:

On a related note...

See the source image

Hahahaha.

So.
    Many.
    Times.
    isn't that the very definition of marriage?
    Not necessarily... :whistle: