Options

Time change. Again.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Poncier said:
    rgambs said:
    People are slaves to routine.  Shake it up!
    The extra evening light is a wonderful thing, I will make good use of it preparing the garden for planting.
    Yes.  Like I said before.  I want more daylight in the evening, not in the morning!
    Eh, I was just getting used to the sun starting to rise as I left the house, now its still an hour away.
    Morning is supposed to be dark.  The late afternoon, not so much.

I like it dark from about 5 PM until about 9AM.  8 hours of sunlight is enough for me.  Bring on the night!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:
    rgambs said:
    The extra evening light is a wonderful thing, I will make good use of it preparing the garden for planting.
    Yes.  Like I said before.  I want more daylight in the evening, not in the morning!
    Eh, I was just getting used to the sun starting to rise as I left the house, now its still an hour away.

I like it dark from about 5 PM until about 9AM.  8 hours of sunlight is enough for me.  Bring on the night!
    I want to throw tomatoes at your face.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:
    rgambs said:

Ha, jokes on you!  No tomatoes with only 8 hours of Sun!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    rgambs said:
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:
    rgambs said:

Ha, jokes on you!  No tomatoes with only 8 hours of Sun!
    My cousin is still getting them in SOCAL which is crazy, yes. But I still want it dark at 6ish not 430ish...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Grrrrr, don’t like losing daylight. 😡
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dragging this morning with one less hour of sleep. Argh. Hate this time of year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dragging this morning with one less hour of sleep. Argh. Hate this time of year. 
    I always think of you and wring my hands when changing our clocks.

“However will The Juggler cope? Will he fare well time?”

So sorry, sir. I had such high hopes this time around but alas, it was not meant to be. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    YAY more daylight next week! and no Juggler we do not gain an extra hour of sleep :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    More hours of daylight, who's complaining!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    This adjustment sucks, will be dark when I go out in the AM. Don't do anything outside in the evening (yet) so I am not going to like it.
    Once the pool is open I will, though.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Around here, I stay in once the sun goes down!

(thanks a lot, assholes)

I do like waking up to sunshine, so I’ll miss that. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    This adjustment sucks, will be dark when I go out in the AM. Don't do anything outside in the evening (yet) so I am not going to like it.
    Once the pool is open I will, though.
    I agree.
    Its just now starting to get light out when I leave the house in the morning and that will stop, such a stupid antiquated custom.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    This is about the dumbest things we do as humans...

Just pick a time and leave it....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,009
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Tomato season is upon us!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I was on the DST forever bandwagon, but Covid19 has changed my mind.  Usually in the summer I like going doing outside stuff after work so having more hours of sun after work ends is great.   

I used to not do so much stuff during the winter months because it gets wet and dark.  This year I kept my weekend hiking going all through the winter.   To avoid going when things are busier, I'm a first light kind of person on the weekend.  That's 9am here during the shortest days.    I'm not sure I want to see that become 10am.

I hate changing the clocks as much as the next person.  Mainly the March time change, because losing the hour messes with me for at least a week (The November time change is relatively painless).   Now, I kind of want to leave it alone, if only because I now value the earlier light in winter, but still value the later light in summer.. sigh...
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Tomato season is upon us!
    Mmmm season...I get all into planting a garden. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Zod said:
    I was on the DST forever bandwagon, but Covid19 has changed my mind.  Usually in the summer I like going doing outside stuff after work so having more hours of sun after work ends is great.   

I used to not do so much stuff during the winter months because it gets wet and dark.  This year I kept my weekend hiking going all through the winter.   To avoid going when things are busier, I'm a first light kind of person on the weekend.  That's 9am here during the shortest days.    I'm not sure I want to see that become 10am.

I hate changing the clocks as much as the next person.  Mainly the March time change, because losing the hour messes with me for at least a week (The November time change is relatively painless).   Now, I kind of want to leave it alone, if only because I now value the earlier light in winter, but still value the later light in summer.. sigh...

Yeah I like it when it fits what I am doing and COVID took out most of the evening activities so I want the early morning light to run in.
    Could not deal with 10AM first light.  Holy shit, that is crazy.
  • Options
    Well, it's that time of year when I come out to tell all the DST whiners to toughen up and quit bellyaching.  

Toughen up and quit bellyaching!  If an hour change on the clock throws your life off, then you ought to sort said life out and get your shit together!
    You ought to be getting up before the sun rises and going to bed after it sets ALL YEAR!  Go chop some fucking wood while you are at it! 

• Options
    Unchopping wood is where it is at, Gambs, dontcha know?!?
    :lol:.   
    I like it being light early, what can I say.  (And that is because I am up and doing shit while many are still dreaming )

It doesn't throw shit off, of course, it is just annoying.
  • Options
    Unchopping wood is where it is at, Gambs, dontcha know?!?
    :lol:.   
    I like it being light early, what can I say.  (And that is because I am up and doing shit while many are still dreaming )

It doesn't throw shit off, of course, it is just annoying.
    The sacred secret of unchopping wood has left this world, unfortunately. 😒

I embrace the darkness at 5am, the world is at it's best when it's all potential.  I only rise after the sun a few times a year, invariably hungover, and it isn't a good feeling to miss the light coming into the world.
    Modern society sleeps too much, and thereby never fully wakens.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We can all strive to attain the ability to unchop....having a goal you can never quite reach is great.
    I think modern society doesn't sleep enough, based on those I know only.  I work hard to try to get 8 but am consistently averaging just over 7 hours in bed, not accounting for time not asleep.

Do not like running in the dark due to injury issues with my ankle and concerns over foot placement.
    But....I do like watching the deer while running as light approaches 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We can all strive to attain the ability to unchop....having a goal you can never quite reach is great.
    I think modern society doesn't sleep enough, based on those I know only.  I work hard to try to get 8 but am consistently averaging just over 7 hours in bed, not accounting for time not asleep.

Do not like running in the dark due to injury issues with my ankle and concerns over foot placement.
    But....I do like watching the deer while running as light approaches 
    8 hours is too much for modern, sedentary people who don't physically work hard!  Oversleep, drink caffeine to compensate, ruining any chance of quality sleep, sit all day, repeat the cycle day after day...complain about the time change lol... I reject the premise.

Rise before the Sun, eff caffeine, move your body enough to get actually tired, sleep 6 or 7 hours and repeat THAT cycle and 90% of people will feel LESS tired.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    I also think of tiredness the same way as anxiety...if your heart is pounding and you are freaking out and it's over nothing, you are having a panic attack, and it fucking sucks and the trauma sticks around...if you are in a near-miss in the car you have the same feelings, but it doesn't suck as bad, last as long, or leave you with trauma...the reason is, there was a reason.  It was justified, and that justification makes all the difference.
    Tiredness is the same...people who have a serious reason to be tired complain about it much less, and care about it much less.  Of course it sucks to be tired all the time when you have no reason to be!
    Or maybe people are just weak and whiny and I'm an asshole without tolerance or understanding.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I also think of tiredness the same way as anxiety...if your heart is pounding and you are freaking out and it's over nothing, you are having a panic attack, and it fucking sucks and the trauma sticks around...if you are in a near-miss in the car you have the same feelings, but it doesn't suck as bad, last as long, or leave you with trauma...the reason is, there was a reason.  It was justified, and that justification makes all the difference.
    Tiredness is the same...people who have a serious reason to be tired complain about it much less, and care about it much less.  Of course it sucks to be tired all the time when you have no reason to be!
    Or maybe people are just weak and whiny and I'm an asshole without tolerance or understanding.
    You’re just an asshole, gambo =)

I’m up before 7 every day, try to get at least 7 of sleep. My health needs it, dammit! I definitely fall asleep quicker and sleep harder if my body’s handled more than it can in a day. 

Even though viewed from inside, there’s something to be said for watching my little world go from darkness to light on those quiet, sleepy, up-too-early mornings. 
  • Options
    Finally. Looking forward to the extra hour tonight. Lord knows we need it after this rough winter. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hahaha.  You lose the hour tonight.

Gambs, the 8 hours is a goal I believe in but cannot seem to attain.  I don't complain about being tired, I just want to meet what I believe will be the best time for my body to recover from the day.  I also fast and do other wierd shit, so I don't pretend what I do is what everyone should ....just what I believe is best for me, my body, and my brain.
  • Options
    Daylight savings starts on 28th March which means the clocks spring forward so it's gonna be lighter later.  I'm not grumbling as we dont really lose an hour. I prefer the lighter evenings as it means potteing around in the garden or walking the dog after work. It also eventually gets lighter earlier in the morning which means there's also time to do stuff before work. Roll on spring/summer is what I say.
  • Options
    @rgambs what else can I do to generate more energy?
  • Options
    Daylight savings starts on 28th March which means the clocks spring forward so it's gonna be lighter later.  I'm not grumbling as we dont really lose an hour. I prefer the lighter evenings as it means potteing around in the garden or walking the dog after work. It also eventually gets lighter earlier in the morning which means there's also time to do stuff before work. Roll on spring/summer is what I say.
    We gain an hour in the spring.
    chinese-happy.jpg