The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And oh god, not sure I can take Kanye in any capacity. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    hedonist said:
    If anyone can make it ten minutes straight listening to Kanye on today's podcast, you are better than I. It's just awful. Joe just lets him ramble endlessly. I watched out of morbid curiosity. 
    The recent Maynard interview was good. 
    “Why didn’t you tell me Maynard was just on Rogan?” - my slightly-miffed husband to me :lol:

We watched last night. Good stuff.
    I wish they dove deeper into a few things they touched on.

I did love when they were talking about recording the Puscifer show in Acrosanti, trying to catch the dawn or the stars... I was moderately enthused about watching that stream next weekend, but now I’m legit excited. 
    hedonist said:
    If anyone can make it ten minutes straight listening to Kanye on today's podcast, you are better than I. It's just awful. Joe just lets him ramble endlessly. I watched out of morbid curiosity. 
    “Why didn’t you tell me Maynard was just on Rogan?” - my slightly-miffed husband to me :lol:

I did love when they were talking about recording the Puscifer show in Acrosanti, trying to catch the dawn or the stars... I was moderately enthused about watching that stream next weekend, but now I’m legit excited. 
    Of course there was much talk of fighting, as always. I was taken by Arcosanti. Thanks for the reminder to get on tix for next week!
    edited October 2020
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Of course there was much talk of fighting, as always. I was taken by Arcosanti. Thanks for the reminder to get on tix for next week!
    Get on it today... I think the early bird pricing ends tomorrow. Have you been to Acrosanti? We’ll be sure to check it out next time we’re out there, my wife & I love AZ.

They totally lose me w/ the MMA talk, but it’s all good, to each his own. 

Edit: Acrosanti, Arcosanti. Idk
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Get on it today... I think the early bird pricing ends tomorrow. Have you been to Acrosanti? We’ll be sure to check it out next time we’re out there, my wife & I love AZ.

They totally lose me w/ the MMA talk, but it’s all good, to each his own. 

Edit: Acrosanti, Arcosanti. Idk
    Arcosanti =)

For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to purchase it on that site! I’m all about early-birding it. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    ok. stay off spotify... got it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Joe Rogan defines idiot America
    Yeah, 18 minutes of this has only reinforced my opinion that Rogan is dumb AF. 
  • Yeah, 18 minutes of this has only reinforced my opinion that Rogan is dumb AF. 
    You don't say.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I'm not a Spotify member but I have a few friends that have already switched to other services because of this.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    dignin said:

Yikes, the mouth breathing Rogan bros in the replies....

We're doomed
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    something tells me joe has been hearing the criticism of his podcast becoming too boring and accusations of spotify vanilla-fying his guests since the move, so he had to drag out someone that would get him back in the limelight. 

either way, gross. i doubt i'll be watching him moving forward. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I've never watched Info Wars, but those first 20 minutes may as well have been it considering how little Rogan challenged him.

If he DID challenge Jones, that would be one thing, but he doesn't; in the end, he's just providing a massive platform for the guy to spread his conspiratorial nonsense with little to no pushback.

What a fucking joke.  

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

I've never watched Info Wars, but those first 20 minutes may as well have been it considering how little Rogan challenged him.

If he DID challenge Jones, that would be one thing, but he doesn't; in the end, he's just providing a massive platform for the guy to spread his conspiratorial nonsense with little to no pushback.

What a fucking joke.  

Info Wars is as far right as you can get.  Just insane bullshit.  Jones is like Sam Kinison with half a brain.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • So, who's in here is left in the Joe Rogan camp?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dignin said:
    I'm not a Spotify member but I have a few friends that have already switched to other services because of this.
    What did they switch to?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    So, who's in here is left in the Joe Rogan camp?
    Always itching for a fight this guy
    dignin said:
    What did they switch to?
    One to Apple and I don't know the other. I know no company is perfect, but only one apparently supports Alex Jones.
  • Good to see people coming around.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Good to see people coming around.
    i'll probably watch if there is someone on i really admire/respect or have interest in, but i likely won't tune in just to veg out. I didn't do a lot of that anyway, but now I really won't. 

I know joe loves a good conspiracy theory; i think he finds it more entertaining than serious, and i have defended his ignorance of his own platform in the past, but this is just getting stupid. he obviously knows how many listeners and influence he has. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

pjl44 said:
    So, who's in here is left in the Joe Rogan camp?
    Always itching for a fight this guy
    "He's not dangerous and, no, I don't really want to discuss him with someone who thinks he is"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    What did they switch to?
    One to Apple and I don't know the other. I know no company is perfect, but only one apparently supports Alex Jones.
    That is true, but pick your poison --

Haven't heard about Spotify supporting labor camps.

ALL THESE CHOICES! 

* checking out Tidal *
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I’ll still listen as much as I ever have, which isn’t a ton. If there’s a guest I’m into or I stumble upon a snippet that interests me I might seek out the full episode. 
    DewieCox said:
    I’ll still listen as much as I ever have, which isn’t a ton. If there’s a guest I’m into or I stumble upon a snippet that interests me I might seek out the full episode. 
    Yup, same here. And for what it’s worth, in the 15 or so minutes I watched, he did challenge Jones on at least one of his statements. 

It was all amusing for that short spell. 
    dignin said:

Joe Rogan spread dangerous misinformation about fires. Now he says he's sorry

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/media/joe-rogan-apologizes/index.html

He was so sorry about spreading dangerous misinformation last month that he had Alex Jones on his show less than 6 weeks later to spread more dangerous misinformation.

What a guy.

hedonist said:
    DewieCox said:
    Yup, same here. And for what it’s worth, in the 15 or so minutes I watched, he did challenge Jones on at least one of his statements. 

It was all amusing for that short spell. 

I heard him challenge Jones when he brought AT&T's name into the conversation, but that was more self preservation than a pursuit of truth IMO.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    havent listened since the burr episode. he talks out of both sides of his mouth. I do appreciate some of the guests and dude has a crazy memory for fights.

now watch, he was all buddy buddy with jones, right? next few episodes he'll talk shit about him. but never on air to his face
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    havent listened since the burr episode. he talks out of both sides of his mouth. I do appreciate some of the guests and dude has a crazy memory for fights.

now watch, he was all buddy buddy with jones, right? next few episodes he'll talk shit about him. but never on air to his face
    i've never seen him "talk shit" about jones, he just says what jones already readily admits, that he's a nutcase. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The only important thing for Joe Rogan is for Alex Jones to speak slower, so his conspiracy theories and BS really gets the time on his show he believes they deserve.