What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• Opened Benny 
  • JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 297
    MSG 03 Poster is the only show of my 14 that I am missing the poster of.....
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

New grail item! 2020 'EV IPA Thread Full of Douchebags' hat. Only 1 has ever been made!

@mcgruff10
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Swallowed whole deck. 

Someone tell me how many of the other was made.... lightning bolt skate decks I'm talking of
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

New grail item! 2020 'EV IPA Thread Full of Douchebags' hat. Only 1 has ever been made!

@mcgruff10
    Duuuuude! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

@mcgruff10
    Duuuuude! Lol
    You made it to the big time!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    Was this.. Until an old friend so graciously gifted it to me. Still stunned.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    Very cool. Fantastic poster and friend.
    Bigrfish said:
    Was this.. Until an old friend so graciously gifted it to me. Still stunned.
    Woah! My friends, by comparison, suck!
  • edited October 2020
    An Eddie autographed one of these. I could die happy if that was hanging on my wall.
    Post edited by Caught-A-Bolt-Of-Lightning on
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Have this beauty on the way. Thank you @drummer1

• drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    cmalisze said:
    Have this beauty on the way. Thank you @drummer1

My pleasure! What a wild and perfectly Pearl Jam experience this has been. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
    I didn’t know about this thread. Can’t wait to backtrack and see all of your Holy Grail items! I’ll be watching for Matt Fucking Cameron to throw his sticks my way some day. That’s definitely my Grail item. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would be cool to have a photo of me and my wife meeting Ed.  I think that would look really sweet amongst my collection.  
    Another holy grail would be seeing PJ in Italy.
    Tangible item: something signed by the entire band.  I have individual signatures but not all five on one item.
    Your comment brings an interesting thought. Never considered a moment vs. tangible goods. A concert would be nice. I wouldn’t even really care where. I have only been to one show and feel lucky for that. 
    Yeah I hear this.  I’m more into collecting shows at this point than tangible items. (Though I did post that I would die for a pair of  Matt’s sticks at some point). But I’m not quite 30 yet and my Grail is to get to 10 shows. It’s been my dream since I first saw them in 2010. I’ve got a pair of tickets for Nashville (whenever touring opens up again) and that’ll be #7 for me so I’m thinking I’ll be able to make 10 shows happen. I’m beyond happy and grateful for any number of shows I can get to but...yeah...10 shows. That’s all I require for lifelong happiness. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    drummer1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would be cool to have a photo of me and my wife meeting Ed.  I think that would look really sweet amongst my collection.  
    Tangible item: something signed by the entire band.  I have individual signatures but not all five on one item.
    Your comment brings an interesting thought. Never considered a moment vs. tangible goods. A concert would be nice. I wouldn’t even really care where. I have only been to one show and feel lucky for that. 
    Yeah I hear this.  I’m more into collecting shows at this point than tangible items. (Though I did post that I would die for a pair of  Matt’s sticks at some point). But I’m not quite 30 yet and my Grail is to get to 10 shows. It’s been my dream since I first saw them in 2010. I’ve got a pair of tickets for Nashville (whenever touring opens up again) and that’ll be #7 for me so I’m thinking I’ll be able to make 10 shows happen. I’m beyond happy and grateful for any number of shows I can get to but...yeah...10 shows. That’s all I require for lifelong happiness. 
    I always say experiences over things. It just so happens this is the year of no experiences therefore I get things!  B)
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891

It's comments like this that make me realize how lucky I've been with the amount of shows I've seen and when I got to see them (starting in 98 and never stopping). 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    drummer1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nothing compares to the live experience. Some of the shows I’ve seen.... man. Just pure joy and rocking the f**k out. There is a thread on here about your three favourite live bands. For me it’s:
    1. Pearl Jam
    2. Pearl Jam
    3. Pearl Jam

I have fun at a lot of other shows... but no one comes close for me. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i've been to 5 pj shows and one ed show. i've cried at two of them. i've never cried at a poster or a piece of vinyl. 

that being said, i still like my "stuff". it doesn't just sit on a shelf. i open it and look at it and it "sparks joy" all the time for me. i don't collect just to collect. if it's just going to sit on a shelf i won't bother with it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• i've been to 5 pj shows and one ed show. i've cried at two of them. i've never cried at a poster or a piece of vinyl. 

that being said, i still like my "stuff". it doesn't just sit on a shelf. i open it and look at it and it "sparks joy" all the time for me. i don't collect just to collect. if it's just going to sit on a shelf i won't bother with it. 
    I like my “stuff” too. It all has meaning to me. 
    Love the Headstones mask!  kickass 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i've been to 5 pj shows and one ed show. i've cried at two of them. i've never cried at a poster or a piece of vinyl. 

I like my “stuff” too. It all has meaning to me. 
    Love the Headstones mask!  kickass 
    thanks. bought the official one off the website, but can't wear it. it says "F**K IT" in massive letters across the front. so i did this one on vista print. not cheap, but it looks great and good quality. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'm not sure.  I scored a copy of Give Way months ago.   That had been my holy grail for about 20 years.  I remember wanting the promo Soldier Field vinyl for a long time and scored one a few years ago.  Not sure what is it now.  I always kind of wanted the promo welcome mat from the Ten era.  Problem is, what would I do with it if i got one?  Put it on the front step and let it get worn?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

Have cash...hit me up
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Swallowed whole deck. 

Someone tell me how many of the other was made.... lightning bolt skate decks I'm talking of
    Only 50.
  • Zod said:
    I'm not sure.  I scored a copy of Give Way months ago.   That had been my holy grail for about 20 years.  I remember wanting the promo Soldier Field vinyl for a long time and scored one a few years ago.  Not sure what is it now.  I always kind of wanted the promo welcome mat from the Ten era.  Problem is, what would I do with it if i got one?  Put it on the front step and let it get worn?
    I display it in the mancave on the floor but advise people NOT to walk on it.  I found a used one on ebay and still wipe my feet on that one though.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    drummer1 said:
    I didn’t know about this thread. Can’t wait to backtrack and see all of your Holy Grail items! I’ll be watching for Matt Fucking Cameron to throw his sticks my way some day. That’s definitely my Grail item. 
    I damn near caught one back in '08 but as I'm only 5'7"... the tall guy behind me stole it from my reach ended up with it.
  • @lastexitlondon has quite a few of them.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    drummer1 said:
    got MC's drum head at 4/29/16 show.  Stagehand tossed 2 into the stands after the show. It was like slow motion dash to get one. Likely he used it the prior night unless they take off the drum head after each show. One of my prized possessions. Would like to get him to sign it someday.
  • Been slowly chipping away to collect some of the smaller grails before I start going after the larger, more impossible ones. Had a line on a slightly corner damaged Munk One Adelaide (with the Koalas driving the Mad Max car) on eBay and WAS the high bidder for the last 2 hours until it got snatched away from me in the dead of night while I was asleep...like some lurking Stephen King monster. No worries though. It's the hunt for the grails and, one day (maybe) the acquisition that makes it so much fun.

What's the one grail out there that make people scratch their heads to say "Really? That one?"
    Karl Archer
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    A conversation with the band. I think that’s a form of grail. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    A conversation with the band. I think that’s a form of grail. 
    I asked the 5 of them a question during a group Q and A once.   I cant call that a conversation tho.