Options

What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,142
    Right now, I just want to get a cup of Ed's Wine during Crazy Mary.  Wanted this for a long time, but the closer I get, the more I want it.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    I'm lucky to not have a grail. I feel grateful I did all the things I hoped and got more than I ever thought about
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    ^^A show, rail with you, is my grail.

Only problem is we'd be jealous if one got more picks. We'd have to split them up!

You walking away with picks + setlists + signed tambo=enemies for life.

Just joking....kind of :)

• Options
    Loujoe said:

Only problem is we'd be jealous if one got more picks. We'd have to split them up!

I hear you my friend.
    I've actually given away many picks and drum sticks and it feels great. And by the same sentiment I've had people hand me sweatbands and picks from just speaking with them and having such great friends with big hearts. I hope one day we can meet.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 494
    i might have responded to this thread before but:

Vinyl:

Test Presses. I've been in the record collecting game for almost 30yrs and have never seen or heard of test presses for the albums.

Vs. on blue

PJ20 fluorescent

Ten Sampler 7" set BOX (i have the vinyl but that box is nearly nonexistent)

Other: 

1991 Ten Promo Doormat would be cool to own
    Some of the early 90's shirts I dont own (dirty frank, mookie blaylock, black/candles, etc)
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options

Vinyl:

Test Presses. I've been in the record collecting game for almost 30yrs and have never seen or heard of test presses for the albums.

Vs. on blue

PJ20 fluorescent

Other: 

Some of the early 90's shirts I dont own (dirty frank, mookie blaylock, black/candles, etc)
    There was a guy selling the sampler test pressings.  That may be the only time you'd ever get a PJ test...

Maybe the cheapest one too.
  • Options

Vinyl:

Vs. on blue

PJ20 fluorescent

Other: 

There was a guy selling the sampler test pressings.  That may be the only time you'd ever get a PJ test...

I have the sampler test presses. I have a hunger strike 7" test press too and a 2016 singles soundtrack test. 

Cost aside, i've never even SEEN a test for any of the albums, specifically ten/vs/vitalogy/no code/yield. I have asked numerous collectors pj and non pj.

Best assessment is that they were given only to the band and maybe record execs (who probably threw them away at best). I know they'd cost a ton but even just seeing a picture to verify they exist would be a win at this point haha. 

I guess i could also look into what pressing plants were used and contact them to see if tests were even made. 
  • Options

Vinyl:

Vs. on blue

PJ20 fluorescent

Other: 

I have the sampler test presses. I have a hunger strike 7" test press too and a 2016 singles soundtrack test. 

Cost aside, i've never even SEEN a test for any of the albums, specifically ten/vs/vitalogy/no code/yield. I have asked numerous collectors pj and non pj.

Best assessment is that they were given only to the band and maybe record execs (who probably threw them away at best). I know they'd cost a ton but even just seeing a picture to verify they exist would be a win at this point haha. 

I guess i could also look into what pressing plants were used and contact them to see if tests were even made. 
    Test presses are always made.  The Sampler set was made differently and anything not PJ seems to come out.

One of the heavily guarded things seem to be test pressings of the albums as I have never seen one either.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    TA243471 said:
    Right now, I just want to get a cup of Ed's Wine during Crazy Mary.  Wanted this for a long time, but the closer I get, the more I want it.
    I got one in Ottawa last year. It was pretty awesome. Now I want the bottle 😀
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    GlowGirl said:
    I got one of my grails during this tour - which was a tambourine tossed to me from Ed. Someday, I would love a band signed guitar - but those auctions are brutal. 
    I really wish they'd do more of those raffle types instead of the straight up auction. only rich fans can win that stuff. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Loujoe said:

I hear you my friend.
    I've actually given away many picks and drum sticks and it feels great. And by the same sentiment I've had people hand me sweatbands and picks from just speaking with them and having such great friends with big hearts. I hope one day we can meet.
    Handed off a Mike pick I scrounged off the floor. the fan was so happy (full disclosure: black peace pick i have quite a few of). If it was a Jeff stone or ev pick it would be hard for me to give away.

I'd like to get my baseball signed by Ed and/or drum head signed by MC.  I think this will happen someday. Maybe catch MC playing with one of his side bands. Had my ball and pen once when I waited to meet EV. Big Pete's instructions...he was "not signing anything". So I respected that and didn't ask.
  • Options
    I once got 2 Matt picks and gave one away. That was rough but good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Matt picks. Very nice. 
  • Options

Vinyl:

Vs. on blue

PJ20 fluorescent

Other: 

Test presses are always made.  The Sampler set was made differently and anything not PJ seems to come out.

One of the heavily guarded things seem to be test pressings of the albums as I have never seen one either.

Vinyl:

Vs. on blue

PJ20 fluorescent

Other: 

That's what I'm saying!
  • Options
    gjackxgjackx Posts: 26
    St. Louis 98 poster, my first show
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    Pap said:
    1) No Code CD w/ Polaroids
    2) Crew laptop bag
    3) PJ20 Patagonia backpack
    4) Jeff Ament WMHB 2012 pocket t-shirt w/ the Chinese symbols on the back (S)
    5) RNDM orange t-shirt (S)
    6) Orange Halloween 2018 t-shirt (S)
    Bought it at the legendary Reckless Records, while in Chicago a few days ago! :joy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden KC Area Posts: 95
    KC 98 poster my 1st show...  Did not want to buy in to the merch of it all until around 2019.... Now I regret it.
    Kansas City 1998
    Kansas City 2000
    Kansas City 2003
    St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021
    St. Louis 2022
    OKC 2022
    Chicago N1 & N2 2023
  • Options
    I just want Lost Dogs on vinyl -- still waiting for that reissue! 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,628
    I didn’t realize this until I missed out on the Jeff Birthday sale, but apparently my grail is almost any poster signed by the band.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    I just want Lost Dogs on vinyl -- still waiting for that reissue! 
    I’ve got that unplayed. What’s it worth these days?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    gjackx said:
    St. Louis 98 poster, my first show
    Got that too. S/N and also signed by Ed, stone, Jeff and Mike. 
    What’s that worth these days?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    alf7624alf7624 Posts: 102
    edited January 4
    Probably my 2013 Wrigley Cracker Jack Artist Proof poster.    Haven't seen a artist proof up for sale for a while, so not sure what it is going for nowadays.   But the regular version of the poster seems to go for a nice penny.....

I also have single signed baseballs, 1 signed by each- Eddie, Mike, Stone & Jeff.   Eventually I would like to get Matt to sign a baseball for my collection.   I collect baseballs signed by non-baseball players.   I have ex-Presidents, bands, solo artist, actors and etc signed baseballs.   So the PJ ones are all highlights in my collection, though not the best ones in the collection......
    Post edited by alf7624 on
    ===============================================================
    PJ Shows-
    2022-  Camden, NJ 9/14/22
    2021 - Asbury Park, NJ  - 9/18/21
    2018 - Boston 1 & 2 - 9/2/18 & 9/4/18
    2016 - Chicago 1 -8/20/16 // Boston 1&2- 8/5/16 & 8/7/16 // NYC 1- 5/1/16
    2015- NYC- 9/26/15
    2013- Brooklyn, NY 1&2- 10/18/13 & 10/19/13 // Chicago- 7/19/13
    2010- NYC- 5/20/10
    2009- Philly- 10/31/09
    2008- EV Solo Newark NJPAC- 8/7/08 // Mansfield- 6/28/08 // NYC- 6/24/08
    2006- E. Ruth, NJ 1 & 2- 6/1/06 & 6/3/06
    2003- NYC 1&2- 7/8/03 & 7/9/03 // Uniondale, NY- 4/30/03
    2000- Jones Beach 1&2- 8/23/00 & 8/24/00
    1998- NYC- 9/11/98 (2nd Row) // E. Ruth, NJ- 9/8/98 (First PJ show)
  • Options
    motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 136
    This bad boy signed by the band. I don't think one exists... I saw one signed just by Ed once, but a band signed version in this red variant is mine

• Options
    B.KutysB.Kutys Posts: 119
    TA243471 said:
    I've gotten to sip from Ed's wine bottle at the birthday show in Philly in 2013. My sister ended up getting the cork to his bottle. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Got these a couple of years ago.
    Now looking casually for a well priced EV Ryman Hatch print.

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    edited January 6
    All my bootleg boxsets. From 2005 to present 
    Plus my show posters from my shows I've been too 
    Kentucky 6 is probably my favorite 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 162
    edited January 9
    I have a couple of grails that aren't items. 

One is a show in Omaha or Lincoln Nebraska ( can't really travel much so really can only make shows in or near my city).

Two is a seat right by the stage but I would need a wheelchair seating area and i don't know that handicapped seats are available anywhere at any arenas or stadiums right by the stage. 
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Got these a couple of years ago.
    Now looking casually for a well priced EV Ryman Hatch print.

Oh man I sold one not long ago.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Still seeking an LP copy of The Swingin Pig title Live Performance.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    edited January 10

Ed talked about it Toronto show May 2016 being auctioned off proceeds went to underprivileged kids to get instruments.  Auction and kids bands playing music was at my local pub.  I was the only bidder.  No online bids allowed.  It is my favourite PJ related item I own.  Was a win-win in my eyes as such a good cause. 🤘
    Post edited by Torontonian on