Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So Guthrie had a good night, eh?  
    Should have asked if Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat had ever paid for an abortion.
    Yikes!  
    I can't believe Trump said he didn't know what was wrong with his lungs while he had Covid.. as if he never bothered to ask or listen to the doctors.  

I changed the channel shortly after that.  Only so many bold faced lies one can listen to.

As someone who voted Republican more often than not...and would classify himself as Conservative on many issues as recently as the later part of 2015 (when I started to recognize that Trump was actually getting support for President), it is obvious to me that I can never go back.
    These people are fucking jokers.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya, buddy!

For this ride.  I don't support a lot of the policies of the side I am voting for but if the choice is this obvious in the future it will remain easy.
    I am forever going to be against:
    • The bible being an actual reference source on policy
    • Racism
    • Avoidance of facts
    • Conspiracy theorists
    • White Power Groups
    • Police States
    • Feeling/Opinion over Science

Sure I left some obvious ones out...

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Should have asked if Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat had ever paid for an abortion.
    Yikes!  
    I can't believe Trump said he didn't know what was wrong with his lungs while he had Covid.. as if he never bothered to ask or listen to the doctors.  

I changed the channel shortly after that.  Only so many bold faced lies one can listen to.

As someone who voted Republican more often than not...and would classify himself as Conservative on many issues as recently as the later part of 2015 (when I started to recognize that Trump was actually getting support for President), it is obvious to me that I can never go back.

That was me in 2008 once McCain picked Palin

Yeah that was pretty bad.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yikes!  

That was me in 2008 once McCain picked Palin
    It was never me.  But in hindsight, maybe 2008 was a turning point, or a key moment that the GOP recognized it was becoming the GQP.  At the time, I knew he was going harder-left because he had the audacity to work across the aisle. But it wasn't just "hard right" it was delusional, crazy right. If the GOP was going to get out the vote for someone like McCain, they needed a running mate that identified with the increasingly angry, conspiracy-theory-minded, pioneering lib-owners.  The other thing that eventually became symbolic was a fairly old guy, McCain, forcefully telling a fan at a town hall that no, Obama is not a terrible guy, we just don't see eye-to-eye. What I mean is that this was just about to go away from the GOP/GQP. The Paul Ryan pick four years later was a bit more of a traditional hard-right to balance a moderate Mitt (I was thinking of going third, but the Ryan pick made voting for Obama an easy choice).  Maybe they decided that using a kook didn't work. In any case, that was the end of the party's days of being reasonable and playing to people like yourself and F Me. 

Right now the party (and a critical mass of its rank-and-file) care about owning the libs and being the only party in power.  That's all they care about. And they are all-in on conspiracy theories and phony accusations.  I don't know what, say, an Eisenhower fan even can do today.  Vote Dem? Abstain? Vote 3rd? Try to start a mainstream GOP from the grassroots (LOL).  The sad thing is that I'd think that Trump would have been the final nail in the coffin for so many Republicans that the whole party would either be in shambles or the leadership would be looking for a young McCain. But there's not any market for someone like that in the GQP.  So the leadership is steering into the skid and putting all their eggs in the Trump basket. And, sadly, they're not losing enough people to make a difference; if they were, none of us would think Trump has even a shot.  It's the Party of Trump now. And it looks like it will be for the foreseeable future.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Biden
    Ruddy Ghouliani’s daughter pleading for an intervention. By voting for Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden. His own daughter. Let that sink in.
    i wouldn't say that's really a "let that sink in" moment. many children have different politics than their parents. 
    Name the last child of one of the former personal attorneys to the POTUS who spoke up in such a manner. Unpresidented.
    name any child of any personal attorney for POTUS from a previous admin off the top of your head. 

unpresidented indeed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    Notes from Donald:
    • I will own the libs
    • I want you to like me
    • I am your favorite president

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:

Notes From Don:
    1.   Come up with as many programs to point money toward my companies as possible
    2.  Advance conspiracy theories, anything to keep the silver spoon crowd in position
    3.  Continue trade war with China
    4.  Who cares about other people's children.  Have you seen how hot my daughter is?  If I wasn't her father....well...
    5.  Build that wall, finally

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yikes!  

I walked away from the party in the 90's after the Robertson fundies took over the party in my state, and have voted 3rd party for President for the past 30 years, but on Wednesday, November 9th 2016, I vowed I would vote for the Democratic nominee for president for the first time in my life in 2020 regardless of who they put up.
    Yesterday I got my ballot in the mail. Last night I filled out my ballot. This morning my ballot was dropped in an official drop box. True to my promise I'm Ridin' with Biden!

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Biden
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yikes!  

I walked away from the party in the 90's after the Robertson fundies took over the party in my state, and have voted 3rd party for President for the past 30 years, but on Wednesday, November 9th 2016, I vowed I would vote for the Democratic nominee for president for the first time in my life in 2020 regardless of who they put up.
    Yesterday I got my ballot in the mail. Last night I filled out my ballot. This morning my ballot was dropped in an official drop box. True to my promise I'm Ridin' with Biden!

Voted 3rd party for that pothead fool in NM last go around since I knew my state was blue (NJ) but this time I did the same as you.  Filled in the Great Grandpa circle and dropped it off in the official drop box.
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yikes!  

I seldom talk to anyone that remembers the 1992 GOP convention; perhaps you do.  I was in high school and my mom was a political junkie, so I caught a lot of it.  It was awful; all old-school hate.  I recall someone (I wanna say Pat Buchanan) saying "we are in a religious war in this country" and a woman (don't recall who) screaming about how women need to get back in the kitchen.  I almost felt badly for President Bush because I didn't think that was quite what he was about. It was amazing. Clinton won, but that did set us for for the 1994 GOP takeover...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yikes!  

I seldom talk to anyone that remembers the 1992 GOP convention; perhaps you do.  I was in high school and my mom was a political junkie, so I caught a lot of it.  It was awful; all old-school hate.  I recall someone (I wanna say Pat Buchanan) saying "we are in a religious war in this country" and a woman (don't recall who) screaming about how women need to get back in the kitchen.  I almost felt badly for President Bush because I didn't think that was quite what he was about. It was amazing. Clinton won, but that did set us for for the 1994 GOP takeover...
    i think that may have been phyllis schlaffly.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Ruddy Ghouliani’s daughter pleading for an intervention. By voting for Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden. His own daughter. Let that sink in.
    i wouldn't say that's really a "let that sink in" moment. many children have different politics than their parents. 
    Name the last child of one of the former personal attorneys to the POTUS who spoke up in such a manner. Unpresidented.
    name any child of any personal attorney for POTUS from a previous admin off the top of your head. 

unpresidented indeed. 
    Because they didn’t need to speak up and out about who their parent was supporting and how they were contributing to the destruction of America. Very much unpresidented, as I said. Not “Ho hum” as you assume.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Biden

Early Ratings: Biden’s ABC Town Hall Tops Trump’s on NBC

Initial Nielsen numbers don’t include MSNBC viewership or time-zone adjustments

Tony Maglio | October 16, 2020 @ 8:05 AMLast Updated: October 16, 2020 @ 8:21 AM
    trump biden town hall ratings

NBC/ABC

And the (ratings) battle of the Thursday town halls goes to…former Vice President Joe Biden and ABC! For now, at least.

On ABC, Biden drew 12.7 million viewers from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. On NBC alone, Trump got 10.4 million viewers in the same time slot.

Including the full 9 o’clock hour for Biden, the ABC event’s viewership average was 12.2 million.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yikes!  

The infamous "pitchfork" speech. 
    Biden
    Ruddy Ghouliani’s daughter pleading for an intervention. By voting for Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden. His own daughter. Let that sink in.

unpresidented indeed. 
    Because they didn’t need to speak up and out about who their parent was supporting and how they were contributing to the destruction of America. Very much unpresidented, as I said. Not “Ho hum” as you assume.
    i just don't think it would have happened pre-trump. before him, families of the politically involved just didn't open their mouths publically; it was an unwritten rule. now all bets are off. i just don't think you can really compare pre-trump vs now. 

i've never said ho hum. i'm only 46. nor am I a giant. or is that fo fum?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden

Scoop: Trump's advisers brace for loss, point fingers

Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien stands behind President Trump listening to him talk on Air Force One

Stepien stands behind Trump on Air Force One Aug. 28. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

Three senior Trump advisers who recently talked to campaign manager Bill Stepien walked away believing he thinks they will lose.

The big picture: The Trump campaign is filled with internal blaming and pre-spinning of a potential loss, accelerating a dire mood that's driven by a daily barrage of bleak headlines, campaign and White House officials tell me.

• "A lot of this is the president himself," one adviser said. "You can't heal a patient who doesn't want to take the diagnosis."

Behind the scenes: In weekly pep talks, Stepien tells staff members why they shouldn't pay attention to the perennially horrible public polls — and how they can "win the week" and the campaign.

• But in other private conversations, described by multiple sources, Stepien can seem darkly pessimistic. He likens the campaign to an airplane flying through turbulence, saying: "It's our job to safely land the plane."
    • Three sources who have heard Stepien use variations of the airplane analogy say they sensed he was deeply, perhaps irretrievably pessimistic about the state of the race.
    • "It's not a great feeling when you get the sense the campaign manager doesn't deep down think we're going to win," one campaign source said.

Stepien pushed back strongly on that, telling me on Friday morning: "With each day closer to November 3, our campaign data presents a clear pathway to 270 for the President that provides me more confidence than ever in President Trump's re-election."

• "Our campaign knows how President Trump was elected in 2016 and more importantly, we know exactly how he's going to do it again," Stepien added.

Why it matters: Trump can still win. But make no mistake: Even his most loyal supporters, including those paid to believe, keep telling us he's toast — and could bring Republican control of the Senate down with him.

Between the lines: Stepien's critics say he is in CYA mode, refusing to make tough decisions that might incur Trump's wrath while setting up excuses for what polls suggest could be a shellacking by Joe Biden.

• But Stepien's defenders tell me the campaign sees several remaining paths to victory, and note that it's hardly his fault when the president insists on actions like taking a joyride with the Secret Service while infected by COVID-19.
    • They added that it's also hardly Stepien's fault that Trump continues to attack his public health officials and present views that are out of step with public opinion — such as his denigration of the basic safety act of wearing a mask.
    • He's also dealing with a money shortage, driven by heavy early spending by his predecessor, Brad Parscale, who was demoted this summer.

Several campaign officials say they don't have a clear sense what Stepien's strategy is to get to 270 electoral votes.

• In internal conversations, Stepien and other senior officials often use the word "optionality" to describe the decision to keep dabbling in every Rust Belt battleground and preserve multiple paths to 270.
    • Critics hear "optionality" as a cover for indecision, keeping small pots of money spread across numerous states rather than picking a path and committing to it.

One campaign adviser pointed to a "half-assed" advertising buy in Wisconsin this week, around $130,000 according to Advertising Analytics data, which two campaign sources said seemed pointless given it's too small to move the needle.

• Ditto the decision to stay on the air in Minnesota, a state that no one I spoke to sees as part of Trump's path to 270.
    • But Stepien's dilemma, as described by several advisers, is that Trump would inevitably blow up at him if he were to read newspaper stories that he was going off the air in a Rust Belt battleground.

The other side: Defending Stepien, two senior officials said he was staying on air in Wisconsin and Minnesota because their data are still showing them these states could turn in Trump's favor.

• "The notion will be, probably at some point in the next week we'll be making some decisions on where we place our bets and how we do it," one of the senior officials said.
    • "But the cool thing about the president is he's going to be everywhere in the last two weeks" — and family members like Don Junior and Ivanka are "also going to be everywhere."

What's new: In reporting out this story, Axios learned that Stepien has described to some colleagues that he sees at least three pathways to 270 electoral votes.

• Stepien tells them the "easy part” is winning Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Iowa and Maine’s second congressional district. From there, the first pathway, and the one he views as most likely, is for Trump to win Arizona, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
    • His second pathway would be for Trump to win Arizona, North Carolina and Michigan.
    • And pathway three — the one Stepien views as least likely of the options — does not include Arizona but involves Trump winning North Carolina, Michigan and Nevada.
    • Those states are where Trump will be spending the vast bulk of his time between now and Nov. 3, and where the Trump campaign is spending most of its money.
    • The states in none of Stepien's three scenarios: Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Senior officials' defense of continuing to spend money in Wisconsin and Minnesota is that staying on air with small buys in these states preserves their options, recognizing that, as in 2016, votes can move quickly in the final days.

What's next: Over the past two weeks, Jared Kushner has been casting about outside of the campaign for fresh ideas on tactics, strategy and messaging. A senior campaign source said he always does this, and that nothing should be read into it beyond him gathering the best information and trying to bring everyone together.

• During the past week, Trump asked at least one confidant whether they think he needs to make any changes on his campaign.
    • But nobody I've spoken to seriously thinks any major personnel changes will be made at this late stage in the race.

The bottom line: "In terms of really changing the trajectory of the race," said one campaign source, "there's only one person, from either side, who can do that. And that's Trump."

chinese-happy.jpg
    Biden
    god please let it be true. let it be the shellacking of the century. trump will blame everyone around him for being horrible at their jobs, insist the american people were swindled or there was massive voter fraud, and he will go down as the most disgraceful president in history. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2020
    Biden

This is crazy. Obviously Trump is obsessed with ratings and they don't usually mean much. But wow--Biden got more on one network than Trump got on three?

Even his "look at the car accident" schtick is wearing off, folks. 

We're coming in for a landing...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Biden
    Leslie glad Biden had a good showing.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    Leslie happy
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    god please let it be true. let it be the shellacking of the century. trump will blame everyone around him for being horrible at their jobs, insist the american people were swindled or there was massive voter fraud, and he will go down as the most disgraceful president in history. 
    He doesn’t need to lose to hold that title! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Biden
    you know it is bad when rupert murdoch is telling people to brace for a trump landslide loss. ben sasse said it could be a republican bloodbath. 

this could be an epic fall from grace for the gop.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Leslie happy

That's a strange typo. I "talk texted" and I think it was "makes me glad..."
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Leslie happy

That's a strange typo. I "talk texted" and I think it was "makes me glad..."
    Sounds like witchcraft to me.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Biden
    Hopefully this is what I believed what should have happened in 2016. I guess every star burns brightest right before it dies. So badly I want the death of the Republican party so that the Dem party then splits so that the "worst" of the center and right of the Dems can be what's considered conservative, like every other European country. I can absolutely live with that.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Biden
    you know it is bad when rupert murdoch is telling people to brace for a trump landslide loss. ben sasse said it could be a republican bloodbath. 

this could be an epic fall from grace for the gop.

May it be so!  And deservedly so. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Biden
    Hopefully this is what I believed what should have happened in 2016. I guess every star burns brightest right before it dies. So badly I want the death of the Republican party so that the Dem party then splits so that the "worst" of the center and right of the Dems can be what's considered conservative, like every other European country. I can absolutely live with that.
    there's way too many americans that are deep conservative and/or christian for right-leaning dems to be the new right and them to be the fringe. i don't see that happening. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    Well, if we just call all of those people "Crazy people who want to govern according to a book of fiction" and leave them alone out there, it could work.
    Biden
    Well, if we just call all of those people "Crazy people who want to govern according to a book of fiction" and leave them alone out there, it could work.
    support in the church is dwindling, but it's still going to take a few generations for it to be gone. or just let the south secede and be done with it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    support in the church is dwindling, but it's still going to take a few generations for it to be gone. or just let the south secede and be done with it. 
    the south can't secede. they need that federal government money. the southern states take more in federal taxes than they pay in. those people are not going to support the drop in quality of life.