Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    OnWis97 said:
    I'll be honest.  As soon as I started to feel better about Joe winning I had that terrible thought.  What if Trump runs in 2024.  I hope he is unable to run....

If Trump runs, it won't be that Trump. It'll be Ivanka or Junior. If Biden somehow gets inaugurated, it'll be interesting to see whether the Trumps continue to be the focus of the party.  It's an opportunity to move on from the Trumps, but I really don't think the party wants to.

EDIT: 50/50 at best he's even alive at that time. 10% chance he has a heart attack mid-rage-tweet.
    Why wouldn't Biden be inaugurated? I mean, I do think there is something in the Kamala is meant to be president theory, but it wont happen that quick.
  • I'm sitting this one out

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Biden

Sorry. Didn't mean to come off as shitty. He got PA though. Calm down. I'm from Sweden. You can trust me.

I would trust the Swedish Bikini Team.
    Not sure that extends to Pearl Jam fan internet folks....but yeah, SBT!

Haha. This is one of my favorite ads of all time:

https://youtu.be/YjzesjojNhA
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Biden
    Kamala is meant to be President?

:lol: 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    DewieCox said:
    What’s the etiquette on manipulating electorals? I know somebody said dems tried in ‘16. Is it considered due diligence, last gasp, hoping for a miracle or what?
    Some states it is the law, but not all. I'm pretty sure it is expected, so I would call that etiquette. I said this 4 years ago, would you really want random people, mostly retired politicians and professors, appointing a president that didn't win? Even if the end result was in my favor, I wouldn't want that. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,419
    I'm sitting this one out
    Kamala is meant to be President?

:lol: 

May be true, yet, this positions Kanye to win next, as he has the requisite balls.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    What’s the etiquette on manipulating electorals? I know somebody said dems tried in ‘16. Is it considered due diligence, last gasp, hoping for a miracle or what?
    Some states it is the law, but not all. I'm pretty sure it is expected, so I would call that etiquette. I said this 4 years ago, would you really want random people, mostly retired politicians and professors, appointing a president that didn't win? Even if the end result was in my favor, I wouldn't want that. 
    The Republican power structure appears to have no shame, I’m not sure they would care what anyone wants if it means staying in power and finally getting the One Party rule they really want.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    One thought...wouldn't it be cool if Trump ran as an Independent in 2024?  That would be political gold for the Dems

That would be a money maker for him...he could bilk his own campaign and screw the GOP at the same time
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    One thought...wouldn't it be cool if Trump ran as an Independent in 2024?  That would be political gold for the Dems
    Maybe a real multi party system can finally be a reality. Trump is the chosen one.

The armed and racist party
    The armed and racist party with red hats
    The Democrats
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    Biden
    you know it looks bleak when the trumps start attacking their own. and it always happens with them. it's always someone else's fault. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425

That would be a money maker for him...he could bilk his own campaign and screw the GOP at the same time
    With his own rumored news network. Would be insane but I can see it happening or at least threaten it happening. We are definitely going through this shit again in 4 years if/when he loses 2020. 
    I wonder why no one in the GOP backs you this time...

....hmm....

hmm hmm hmm...
  • Biden

All of the 2024 hopefuls NOT carrying the last name Assfuck Trump are fine if Trump loses now.  They won't have to contend with the handing of the golden rod of shower-power from Donny Sr to Donny Jr.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    Biden
    Has no one counted a fucking vote today?  WTF?
    mrussel1 said:
    Keep up. PA is counting and will be finished today. And that is all that matters.
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Keep up. PA is counting and will be finished today. And that is all that matters.
    I've been watching.  It looks like it's crawling at best.  Same with the fraction in Nevada.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I'll be honest.  As soon as I started to feel better about Joe winning I had that terrible thought.  What if Trump runs in 2024.  I hope he is unable to run....

If Trump runs, it won't be that Trump. It'll be Ivanka or Junior. If Biden somehow gets inaugurated, it'll be interesting to see whether the Trumps continue to be the focus of the party.  It's an opportunity to move on from the Trumps, but I really don't think the party wants to.

EDIT: 50/50 at best he's even alive at that time. 10% chance he has a heart attack mid-rage-tweet.
    Why wouldn't Biden be inaugurated? I mean, I do think there is something in the Kamala is meant to be president theory, but it wont happen that quick.

First BIden needs 270.  Then we have to worry about faithless electors and the courts.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Biden
    PJNB said:

With his own rumored news network. Would be insane but I can see it happening or at least threaten it happening. We are definitely going through this shit again in 4 years if/when he loses 2020. 
    I see it as a cash cow for him.  He gets to collect campaign money...sell merch...fly all over and get clapped at and dance to YMCA like a moron, etc.  Then he loses and just keeps at it for 2028.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    A great fucking start!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Biden
    within 100K in PA
    Biden
    Maybe a real multi party system can finally be a reality. Trump is the chosen one.

The armed and racist party
    The armed and racist party with red hats
    The Democrats
    Oh man we are gonna have to pander twice as hard to get the elusive moderate racist with red hat vote
    Scio me nihil scire

Will you all be as active in the Swedish Election thread in two years? Return the favor etc.
    Biden
    Will you all be as active in the Swedish Election thread in two years? Return the favor etc.
    #all-in
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Welcome to the longest tuesday
    Scio me nihil scire

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    Biden
    half the US doesn't even know who the canadian PM is. and we're their hat. LOL
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    I better start studying
    Scio me nihil scire

ARE YA READy

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Should that have been his secret proposal for 2024? :lol: