~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Thank you guys. We’re all so sad. This year just won’t stop sucking. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    I'm so sorry Rogue, losing a pet sucks hard.
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    So sorry, Rogue. I know your heart is hurting. Hearts and thoughts to you. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    @RogueStoner , you know you have my deepest sympathies. 

That being said, when y’all are ready for a new kitty, I can poke some holes in a box and ship this guy to you. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    dankind said:
    @RogueStoner , you know you have my deepest sympathies. 

That being said, when y’all are ready for a new kitty, I can poke some holes in a box and ship this guy to you. 

Tom Sellek reincarnated - and just as adorable  ;)

Tristan has a tight grip on my wallet. Hmmm. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Is this a happy cat or what?!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Is this a happy cat or what?!

You just want to kiss that belly.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think the sunshine on their fur makes them smell even better. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This one’s become something of a lap
    kitty. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ah, Mama.

I see the sweater!
    I just got back from being out of town for five days. I think someone missed me. 

Awww. That’s such a nice feeling. 
    hedonist said:
    Awww. That’s such a nice feeling. 
    Yeah. He was purring and rolling onto my lap. So sweet. His favorite activity is to keep jumping into my suitcase while I am trying to unpack. 
    GlowGirl said:
    I just got back from being out of town for five days. I think someone missed me. 

I love it when cats lie on their back and expose their vulnerable underside, showing total trust and love.  Sweet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

GlowGirl said:

Best feeling in the world. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Guessing you had someone look after them while you were gone?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Guessing you had someone look after them while you were gone?
    Yes. For many years, one of my neighbors in my building has taken care of them when I am gone. She comes in twice a day and feeds them and hangs out with them a bit. She runs a dog rescue and is a real animal lover. They are in good hands with her. 
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

I love it when cats lie on their back and expose their vulnerable underside, showing total trust and love.  Sweet!
    I love that as well. This one always loves belly rubs. My other cat will not tolerate her belly being rubbed. I have had her for three years and have never seen her lie on her back. She always curls up in a tight little ball. 
    The boy’s makin’ biscuits while we (try to) watch the debate. 

And yes, those are 🐱 socks 

hedonist said:

Super cute. His green eyes are beautiful. The go well with your pink socks. Btw, is that photo of the Flight of the Concords guys under your TV? 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Super cute. His green eyes are beautiful. The go well with your pink socks. Btw, is that photo of the Flight of the Concords guys under your TV? 
    Good eye! It is indeed them. I so loved that show.

“Rhymenosaurus” :lol:
    Loved that show. The Foux du FaFa song :lol: Also, you gotta love Murray. I wish I could have seen them perform live. 
    I'm thinking of two songs right now:  Gary Numan's "Are Friends Electric?" and Adrian Belews, "Big Electric Cat" and the kind of merge into my own question:  Is my little cat electric?

Now, before you ask if I've gone off my rocker (a forgone conclusion anyway :lol: ) , here's the deal- often, when I walk across the carpet and pick up Annie, I get a static shock in my fingers.  That I can understand.  But the other thing is, sometimes when I just stand there and pet her fur on her back, I get the same thing.  It's like she is putting off electricity.  So is it just static, or is my little kitty electric?!

Wife had to lock our two girls in the spare bedroom today when a delivery came... Chains was PISSED. 🤣

Awww! We had a new bed delivered on Monday and his hiding place is now gone.

After the guys left, we found him behind a chair. He’d tucked himself under a pillow 😐

hedonist said:

That is so great. Awesome photo. They have these videos for cats on You Tube. I haven’t played one in a while for them. I am always afraid they will shred up my screen. 
    Wife had to lock our two girls in the spare bedroom today when a delivery came... Chains was PISSED. 🤣

Poor babies!

We had the opposite yesterday.  Had to put Annie in the back bedroom while the Hughes Net guy was here and she just conked out on the bed by a sunny window.  I was the one who was pissed because since our ISP is shutting down the only option left to us here is satellite.  It costs more than twice what I was paying with internet49 and is much slower and cuts out at times.  It's better than no internet at all but it almost feels like going back to dial-up days!  Yikes!