NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Finding out via Marc Maron's twitter that they're not renewing Glow. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    This better mean that Alison Brie landed the She-Hulk role. 
    I saw it reported recently that She-Hulk went to Tatiana Maslany (not sure if I spelled it right, she was the main actor on Orphan Black). I would have preferred Brie as well, lol.

Edit to add https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/regina-born-actress-tatiana-maslany-cast-as-lead-in-shehulk-1.5732001
    Maslany was fucking great in Perry Mason
    Perry Mason? 

How old is she?

:lol:  HBO!
    What?

Jesus.

I have HBO, and I don't even know what's on it! :lol:

The Americans guy is in it, too.
    Yeah. Lots of good actors in it. The show gets better and better in the second half of the season. Highly recommend it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,612
    Agree....I enjoyed it, but am a sucker for period pieces.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    rssesq said:
    Schitt's Creek is hilarious. I swear I went to law school with someone exactly like David.

Little late to the party but just started watching this. About halfway through season 1. It's ok so far.
    I found the first half of season one the hardest to get through, but you start to see character growth, which improves exponentially over the subsequent seasons. 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Well this documentary was pretty depressing

I had heard of the murders before mainly cause apparently there was paranormal activity right after it happened during the police investigation. They didn't mention that though.

just watched it. aside from the guy being a fucking monster, her story is so typical of textbook social media narcissism. the fact that so much of that doc, almost all of it, really, was taken from her facebook posts. jesus christ. stop filming your life and your kids' lives and fucking live it. no one gives a fuck about your "insight" into your life and all you think you've learned. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Well this documentary was pretty depressing

I had heard of the murders before mainly cause apparently there was paranormal activity right after it happened during the police investigation. They didn't mention that though.

just watched it. aside from the guy being a fucking monster, her story is so typical of textbook social media narcissism. the fact that so much of that doc, almost all of it, really, was taken from her facebook posts. jesus christ. stop filming your life and your kids' lives and fucking live it. no one gives a fuck about your "insight" into your life and all you think you've learned. 
    The one part that stuck out to me was when he was dressed as Santa, and she was filming him, and scolded him for leaving his phone in the car. She needed the two phones. One to film and one for pictures. Not trying to victim-blame because nothing justifies what he did, but the doc, to me and I guess you as well, doubled as a “dangers of social media” doc as well as the profile of a murder. I wouldn’t blame anyone for deciding they didn’t want to be with her anymore. But to murder her and the kids is beyond psychotic. I wish her family wasn’t against the death penalty. I would never have been able to show mercy on someone so merciless. Especially after he tried to concoct the story that SHE murdered the girls. What a piece of shit. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Well this documentary was pretty depressing

The one part that stuck out to me was when he was dressed as Santa, and she was filming him, and scolded him for leaving his phone in the car. She needed the two phones. One to film and one for pictures. Not trying to victim-blame because nothing justifies what he did, but the doc, to me and I guess you as well, doubled as a “dangers of social media” doc as well as the profile of a murder. I wouldn’t blame anyone for deciding they didn’t want to be with her anymore. But to murder her and the kids is beyond psychotic. I wish her family wasn’t against the death penalty. I would never have been able to show mercy on someone so merciless. Especially after he tried to concoct the story that SHE murdered the girls. What a piece of shit. 
    i think the netflix producers were probably going for that angle, trying to paint her as someone who maybe deserved it, even just a little, or someone that drove him to it. i find a lot of these types of documentaries set out to make the viewer feel conflicted about their sympathy towards the evil doer. 

but yeah, she obviously had her own issues that she projected onto him. can't blame him for wanting to leave. but yeah, not the best solution. i can't fathom harming my kids. it's just not in my universe. 

you could tell how little he cared from the outset. he barely even talked about them. if my wife and kids were missing, even if i was having an affair, i'd be bawling my eyes out to the camera, to the police, to anyone, all the time. he mentioned "my babies" maybe one time. he was terrible at faking it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Well this documentary was pretty depressing

i think the netflix producers were probably going for that angle, trying to paint her as someone who maybe deserved it, even just a little, or someone that drove him to it. i find a lot of these types of documentaries set out to make the viewer feel conflicted about their sympathy towards the evil doer. 

but yeah, she obviously had her own issues that she projected onto him. can't blame him for wanting to leave. but yeah, not the best solution. i can't fathom harming my kids. it's just not in my universe. 

you could tell how little he cared from the outset. he barely even talked about them. if my wife and kids were missing, even if i was having an affair, i'd be bawling my eyes out to the camera, to the police, to anyone, all the time. he mentioned "my babies" maybe one time. he was terrible at faking it. 
    Yeah he was. The neighbor was onto him from the beginning. Here’s the 15-minute uncut video with the neighbor: https://youtu.be/u11A4FQlDMo
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    rssesq said:
    Schitt's Creek is hilarious. I swear I went to law school with someone exactly like David.

Little late to the party but just started watching this. About halfway through season 1. It's ok so far.

It gets better - the show focuses on character growth. I just finished the last season - it's a touching, feel good show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    rssesq said:

I found the first half of season one the hardest to get through, but you start to see character growth, which improves exponentially over the subsequent seasons. 

PJ_Soul said:
    rssesq said:

It gets better - the show focuses on character growth. I just finished the last season - it's a touching, feel good show.

Yeah the first season was ok. Wasn't great or anything. Halfway through season 2 now. Getting better like with what you guys said with character development and all.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2020
    Chick-flicks -

Emily in Paris Series 1 is like SATC but with a red head (Phil Collin's daughter) meets Ugly Betty at work in Europe.

Puzzle is about a woman who is really good at doing 1000 piece puzzles, she doesn't understand what a vegan is and is lying to her family to go away and play more puzzles (so far...)  with the young woman from trainspotting and nanny McPhee 2.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    23scidoo said:
    The show of the month!!

https://youtu.be/ZU9ZtlkSnnE
    awesome show 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I've started watching Arrested Development which I'd heard of but never seen before. It's a bit nuts so I'm kind of enjoying it. When I was younger Portia D'Rossi always seemed older, now I'm older she looks a lot younger. I know she has always been very beautiful but I'd love to know how she can defy time and gravity?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    I've started watching Arrested Development which I'd heard of but never seen before. It's a bit nuts so I'm kind of enjoying it. When I was younger Portia D'Rossi always seemed older, now I'm older she looks a lot younger. I know she has always been very beautiful but I'd love to know how she can defy time and gravity?
    That show is hilarious....I still never watched the most recent season but the original series was great

Bob Loblaw always cracked me up.  And Bob Loblaw's law blog
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The Trial Of The Chicago 7 was good...
    Fishermans Friends...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Alison Brie for She-Hulk!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The original (Hitchcock's) is in my top five ever..i hope not disappointed..

https://youtu.be/LFVhB54UqvQ
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Just started watching The Queen's Gambit. Pretty solid drama mini series so far

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

same...we watched episode 1 just to check it out, definitely hooked us

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    23scidoo said:
    The original (Hitchcock's) is in my top five ever..i hope not disappointed..

https://youtu.be/LFVhB54UqvQ
    This movie has the same name as my boat. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2020

Finished it today. I enjoyed it. Sure it will get nominated for a few emmy awards. The lead actress, Anna Taylor-Joy, reminds me of the Annie Murphy from Schitt's Creek.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506

I really really enjoyed The Queen's Gambit!

And now I am super stoked that the new season of The Crown is out!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this show. The only thing wrong with it is that I have to keep waiting a year for a new season. Everytime a new season is coming I watch all the oreciois seasons again - I've become a full blown The Crown nerd. It's just so well done. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    PJ_Soul said:

I really really enjoyed The Queen's Gambit!

And now I am super stoked that the new season of The Crown is out!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this show. The only thing wrong with it is that I have to keep waiting a year for a new season. Everytime a new season is coming I watch all the oreciois seasons again - I've become a full blown The Crown nerd. It's just so well done. 

Queen's Gambit totally blew up my plan to get work done this weekend.  Really enjoyed it as well. 

Saving The Crown for Thanksgiving week like last year.  The Princess Diana sections should be interesting along with the Margaret Thatcher storyline.

• Queens Gambit is fantastic.
    I put the Crown on my list but never watched it....sounds like I need to

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,612
    edited November 2020
    Queens Gambit was good.  I could have done with less of the non-chess stuff but I get that they had to put more of that around it.
    Chess / competition parts were enough to keep me interested throughout.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Started the Queens Gambit last night.
    Queens Gambit was good.  I could have done with less of the non-chess stuff but I get that they had to put more of that around it.
    Chess / competition parts were enough to keep me interested throughout.
    I'm not sure I see another season....seems like it ended perfectly