The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks amazing Brett!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Outstanding looking pies. Slice of pep for the win! 
  • Is it good?  Or you want to find to try?
    That picture does not make the crust look good, but I can dig a frozen pie aa a great boozemop.
    Haven't tried it. Do not like frozen pizza. But up for trying new vegan things. So it's a balance. 

But melted vegan cheese hasn't worked for me so far. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Is it good?  Or you want to find to try?
    That picture does not make the crust look good, but I can dig a frozen pie aa a great boozemop.
    Haven't tried it. Do not like frozen pizza. But up for trying new vegan things. So it's a balance. 

Frozen pizza is one of the worst things i ever taste..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo said:

Could very much be true. At least if you take into account the discrepancy between the "real thing" and the "frozen thing" .

Grew up on these though, and they are tasty:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    23scidoo said:

The Ellio s pizza I made in high school and college could be served in a 5 star restaurant.  Add Kraft parm and shredded cheddar.  Toaster oven 350 for 15.  Delish!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    There is 100% a place for frozen pizza in my world.
    Of course I would prefer it to be leftovers that I froze....but Ellios or French Bread Pizza or most types can taste good in the right circumstances.  
    Never would argue they are amazing, but there is a time and a place, to me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Stouffers French bread pizza was amazing!!! Do they still make it?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mcgruff10 said:
    I used to love that. I stay away from frozen pizza now as I do most frozen prepared foods due to the ridiculously high sodium contents. If I am going to splurge on sodium I would rather not waste it on that. But the French bread pizza was pretty tasty. Digiorno is ok as well. Do you all remember Mama Celeste pizza for one?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Was that the thing with the silver disc in the box?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Yes. The silver disc was a microwave crisper. But I never cooked it in the microwave. 
    Those were not favorites of mine.  Lol.  For sure remember them, though.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do you all remember Mama Celeste pizza for one?
    Always have Celeste in the freezer, my kid eats it probably once a week.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Frozen pizza from Aldi isn't too bad.  Mama Cozzi is the "brand" name I believe. They've been great to have on hand these past 6-7 months. Been doing the classic crust for slices and the self-rising for sticks. I don't think anyone prefers a frozen pizza to the real deal (I hope not anyway), but often times they suffice.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Frozen pizza from Aldi isn't too bad.  Mama Cozzi is the "brand" name I believe. They've been great to have on hand these past 6-7 months. Been doing the classic crust for slices and the self-rising for sticks. I don't think anyone prefers a frozen pizza to the real deal (I hope not anyway), but often times they suffice.
    2nd. It's cheap and suffices for a quick fix.
  • 23scidoo said:

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    23scidoo said:

That does not look good
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:

That does not look good
    It wasn’t very good
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:

That does not look good
    It wasn’t very good
    I respect your honesty.  ;)
    If they don't make it look good on the box I'm guessing it won't taste very good.
    I found a NY style spot by the house that’s supposed to be the real deal.  Will post pics tomorrow.  Go easy on me East coasters!  
    bbiggs said:
    I found a NY style spot by the house that’s supposed to be the real deal.  Will post pics tomorrow.  Go easy on me East coasters!  
    Pics or if didn’t happen.  
    Got a large plain last night; the pizza was on point.  My wife and I each had three slices in no time.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Pics or if didn’t happen.  
    Got a large plain last night; the pizza was on point.  My wife and I each had three slices in no time.  
    Pics coming for sure. Going with a plain and a Sicilian. Hope it’s as good as advertised! 
    Couldn’t snag a pic before the vultures got after it. A plain, a pepperoni and a Sicilian. It was a solid pie but not up to par with the pics from the jersey boys. And holy shit I’m glad chicago does tavern cut. I eat too damn much with slices...stuffed!

edited October 2020
    That plain looks great!!!!! Nice work!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    Looks great and yeah the slices add up
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    My pizza standards and intact have reached sad and low levels after leaving Brooklyn... first in LA and now in more extreme measures in New Zealand...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    No good pizza in NZ?

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I tried a couple of “New York Style” pizzas in New Zealand and they were pretty awful. However, I had some pretty killer wood fired neapolitan style pizzas while I was there. 

This one was the best. It had braised beef, tomatoes, basil, and some kind of aioli.

This one was chicken, mozz, brie, and some kind of cranberry sauce. Also really good.