Donald Trump

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    this past weekend i was at a restaurant picking up a pizza and there was this truck with a big harley sticker on the back window, an affliction logo on the bottom of the back window, a thin blue line sticker on the tailgate, and on the bumper a sticker of a cartoon trump peeing on the word "liberals".

I walked in there expecting to see a big fatass with an affliction shirt from about 10 years ago. that is exactly what i saw. except this guy had a prosthetic leg, knee down amputee, i imagine due to diabetes. he was sitting with his family of the same fatass body habitus. i was so tempted to say "you know you are gonna lose your disability if you vote for trump, right?" but i bit my tongue. kind of funny how predictable that was.
    dude you got OWNED by that sticker
    i DID. i was triggered. as a snowflake, i nearly melted.
    Did you go find a  safe place or did you stand there and get in some good virtue signaling?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    this past weekend i was at a restaurant picking up a pizza and there was this truck with a big harley sticker on the back window, an affliction logo on the bottom of the back window, a thin blue line sticker on the tailgate, and on the bumper a sticker of a cartoon trump peeing on the word "liberals".

I walked in there expecting to see a big fatass with an affliction shirt from about 10 years ago. that is exactly what i saw. except this guy had a prosthetic leg, knee down amputee, i imagine due to diabetes. he was sitting with his family of the same fatass body habitus. i was so tempted to say "you know you are gonna lose your disability if you vote for trump, right?" but i bit my tongue. kind of funny how predictable that was.
    dude you got OWNED by that sticker
    i DID. i was triggered. as a snowflake, i nearly melted.
    Did you go find a  safe place or did you stand there and get in some good virtue signaling?
    i got in some virtue signaling first. then i realized he could beat me over the head with his quad cane, so i then found a safe place. in my car. then at my home. haha.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Damn Ginsburg is dead you thing Moscow Mitch will ram another judge through, this sucks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    No....
    Knowing that Trump is about himself,  he would be wise to not cram someone through now,  holding that over the GOP voters to drive turnout. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    Knowing that Trump is about himself,  he would be wise to not cram someone through now,  holding that over the GOP voters to drive turnout. 
    I bet he’s celebrating it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:
    I bet he’s celebrating it! 
    No doubt.. 100%
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The left should just echo what happened 4 years ago and remind them they should a SCOTUS shouldn’t be confirmed in an election year and let the voters decide who they want. Don’t think the right will follow their own rules from 4 years ago, but that’s what the left should be doing.
    mace1229 said:
    The left should just echo what happened 4 years ago and remind them they should a SCOTUS shouldn’t be confirmed in an election year and let the voters decide who they want. Don’t think the right will follow their own rules from 4 years ago, but that’s what the left should be doing.
    I think it was Graham who said a few months ago that he actually thought they should wait if it came up.  We shall see.

Either way, this is somewhat of an October surprise.  It makes the SCOTUS front and center in the debates, bringing 2nd A, abortion and Obamacare as issues that will be discussed with more intensity than expected. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,704
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think it was Graham who said a few months ago that he actually thought they should wait if it came up.  We shall see.

Either way, this is somewhat of an October surprise.  It makes the SCOTUS front and center in the debates, bringing 2nd A, abortion and Obamacare as issues that will be discussed with more intensity than expected. 
    Game changer. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mace1229 said:
    Yes, yes, Mitch said we should let the people decide...but it doesn't apply here. The hypocrisy doesn't matter in a one-party system. It's Mitch's country..
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

If was was Graham, it'll be fun to watch him do an about-face when Trump pulls out a Milk Bone for him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Yes, yes, Mitch said we should let the people decide...but it doesn't apply here. The hypocrisy doesn't matter in a one-party system. It's Mitch's country..
    Mitch already released a statement that he will bring Trumps nominee to a vote and said its different than blocking Obama in an election year because the American people have spoken by electing a senate majority to help the agenda of president trump... sick
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 433
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Mitch already released a statement that he will bring Trumps nominee to a vote and said its different than blocking Obama in an election year because the American people have spoken by electing a senate majority to help the agenda of president trump... sick
    Of course he did because they don’t give a fuck about hypocrisy.  Dems will cry foul all they want but that won’t get them anywhere.  The only option is to play even harder.  This of course will probably require Biden to win the election and dems take back senate. It if that does happen then you change the rules.  Add seats to the Supreme Court and fill it with 5 super progressives.  Of course you normally wouldn’t want to do something so drastic because when the other side regains power they could potentially do the same thing, but if the last 4 years have taught us anything it’s they don’t give two shits about norms or fairness.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    what's the process for adding seats to the SC?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He ran his mouth for TWO HOURS and had NO IDEA that RBG had passed.  

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    ikiT said:
    He ran his mouth for TWO HOURS and had NO IDEA that RBG had passed.  

What’s the big deal about that? Didn’t he take the stage about the time this became public, so how would he know unless someone interrupted him to tell him?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Probably not a big deal but why couldn’t he be informed of the news ASAP? They didn’t trust him with the information. 
    DewieCox said:
    Probably not a big deal but why couldn’t he be informed of the news ASAP? They didn’t trust him with the information. 
    Dude.. do you think Ed stops in the middle of a show to talk about Cubs/Cards scores he just heard about?  Oh wait...he does.  Carry on...
    So this is kind of interesting.  McConnell wants someone immediately.  I still believe that..Trump being Trump will have the instinct to not bring up a candidate.  He doesn't care about abortion, or gay rights really... He cares about his election way more than policies.  Trump has no leverage on the senate I don't think (except for whatever he has on Graham).  But you know McConnell fears losing the majority and certainly he think they'll lose the executive office so they will want a hearing now.  
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    So this is kind of interesting.  McConnell wants someone immediately.  I still believe that..Trump being Trump will have the instinct to not bring up a candidate.  He doesn't care about abortion, or gay rights really... He cares about his election way more than policies.  Trump has no leverage on the senate I don't think (except for whatever he has on Graham).  But you know McConnell fears losing the majority and certainly he think they'll lose the executive office so they will want a hearing now.  
    Trump will do anything to change the channel on covid. This is a gift.
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump will do anything to change the channel on covid. This is a gift.
    Yes potentially.  Although Kaylee Mccduiedjdnmed (sic) declined to provide a timeline on a nomination this morning.  If they figured out their strategy, then "ASAP" would be the expected response. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mrussel1 said:

so the three holdouts said not before the election. theres roughly 11 weeks between election and swearing in.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

so the three holdouts said not before the election. theres roughly 11 weeks between election and swearing in.
    Good point.  Are any of those three on the judiciary committee?  It could stop dead right there.  But again, I think that’s a win for Trump personally.  Would he nominate someone if he doesn’t have the votes in committee or the body locked down?  That gives him cover to not do it and make it an issue.  
    Regarding your 11 weeks comment, lines were four hours to vote here in a Virginia.  The die is cast. Wonder how many other states are the same?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Good point.  Are any of those three on the judiciary committee?  It could stop dead right there.  But again, I think that’s a win for Trump personally.  Would he nominate someone if he doesn’t have the votes in committee or the body locked down?  That gives him cover to not do it and make it an issue.  
    Regarding your 11 weeks comment, lines were four hours to vote here in a Virginia.  The die is cast. Wonder how many other states are the same?

the point is if mitch loses the senate and trump the office, they could slam one through in that 11 weeks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited September 2020
    how about this scenario. trump nominates either cruz or cotton. they cant vote on their own nomination. instead of abstaining the 3 vote them down siding with Ds. thats a slim majority right there.

if its cruz just how many friends has he made this term? will those in gop want to give that ratfaced douchecanoe a lifetime job?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

the point is if mitch loses the senate and trump the office, they could slam one through in that 11 weeks.
    Oh right,  I misread your post.  Great point.  So no upside to push a vote before the election.  
    Have to kill the filibuster and expand the SCOTUS by 2. Imperative. 
This discussion has been closed.