Fender Telecaster: Question for those who have had them.

12345679»

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    finished guitar.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    oh man that jag with a bigsby looks super cool. i don't think ive ever seen that combo before but I am totally interested to see how that one would turn out. when i think of bigsby i think of les pauls and sgs, and teles, but could be super cool on an offset body. can't wait to see that bad boy!!
    I loved Lonnie Mack's setup.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wow!!! That looks awesome, man!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    And he could do this with it!

https://youtu.be/xhX1lfWZaNw

Try not to throw all your axes into a fireplace after watching his midsong solo.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

Excellent!  Rock on, man!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I think luthiers might be one beneficiary of this pandemic.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    oh man that jag with a bigsby looks super cool. i don't think ive ever seen that combo before but I am totally interested to see how that one would turn out. when i think of bigsby i think of les pauls and sgs, and teles, but could be super cool on an offset body. can't wait to see that bad boy!!
    I loved Lonnie Mack's setup.

oh wow. that bigsby does not even look stable to me, haha.

killer vintage here in st louis has had one of those hanging on the wall for the longest time. i am not sure if it is still there as they have been closed to in person shopping due to covid. 

dankind said:
    And he could do this with it!

https://youtu.be/xhX1lfWZaNw

Try not to throw all your axes into a fireplace after watching his midsong solo.
    oh wow. that solo was cool as hell. neil young calls a bigsby a "wang bar". i had never heard it called that until i watched an old interview with  him a few weeks ago.

mfc2006 said:
    thank you, sir! yours looks great too!

brianlux said:

thanks Brian!! it is your turn now!!

dankind said:
    I think luthiers might be one beneficiary of this pandemic.
    i think you are right. a bunch of people are working from home and not spending frivolously due to things being shut down. what better way to spend a little money than to have someone build a guitar for you? I took two of my other guitars in to his shop to be repaired, so i am still giving him money after this build, lol.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    thank you, sir! yours looks great too!
    Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    brianlux said:

thanks Brian!! it is your turn now!!

I'm hoping!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited February 2023
    I bought my Highway One used back in 2005 and LOVE it. Today prices are a bit inflated, but  if you can find a used one in good condition I would highly recommend: 

https://reverb.com/item/58574017-fender-highway-one-telecaster-2003-sunburst
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    DeLukin said:
    I bought my Highway One used back in 2005 and LOVE it. Today prices are a bit inflated, but  if you can find a used one in good condition I would highly recommend: 

Posted this in the gear thread, but just picked one up for $750 about a month ago. Had a roadrunner hard case and a Fender Super Champ tube amp. So pretty good deal for all that. 
    Loving the sound. I sold my MIJ tele about a year ago and missed it. Was looking for a new one and found this, I like it more and, coincidentally, sold my old one for exactly $750 (without an amp).
    I know the original thread is 5 years old, but anyone looking for a tele I'd just keep an eye on facebook or some other private party and see what pops up. 90% of the people want more than what guitar center will sell them for, but you can always find good deals if you're patient.  A Highway One is worth checking out if one pops up. 
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    mace1229 said:
    DeLukin said:

Posted this in the gear thread, but just picked one up for $750 about a month ago. Had a roadrunner hard case and a Fender Super Champ tube amp. So pretty good deal for all that. 
    Loving the sound. I sold my MIJ tele about a year ago and missed it. Was looking for a new one and found this, I like it more and, coincidentally, sold my old one for exactly $750 (without an amp).
    I know the original thread is 5 years old, but anyone looking for a tele I'd just keep an eye on facebook or some other private party and see what pops up. 90% of the people want more than what guitar center will sell them for, but you can always find good deals if you're patient.  A Highway One is worth checking out if one pops up. 
    Awesome! Sounds like an amazing deal. How are you liking the Super Champ?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    DeLukin said:
    mace1229 said:
    DeLukin said:

Awesome! Sounds like an amazing deal. How are you liking the Super Champ?
    I like it. I'm just a beginner so I don't have a lot of experience. I played a few years back in high school, but I had my old MIJ sitting in my closet for 20 years. My kids wanted to learn, so I sold it and got 3 cheaper guitars so I could get back into it. I immediately missed my old tele so was on the lookout for a deal. Couldn't be happier for the price. 
    Over the last year I bought and sold about 5 or 6 different squires and Epiphones trying to find one I really like. I have this one and an Epiphone Standard LP with Gibson 490 pickups that I've decided to keep. I didnt think I'd really be able to tell the difference with a lesser guitar being a beginner again, but I can.