Options

What is your most prized vinyl record in your collection?

Comments

• Options
    Hard choice but I guess two of my most irreplaceable records would be an Australian EMI black label copy of the Sex Pistols "Anarchy In The UK" and an original copy of the first Bad Religion EP that I paid $2.50 for back in '83. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    While it has no market value, my copy of Led Zeppelin IV is probably my most prized vinyl. I bought it when I was sixteen and it has definitely been played more than any other album I own- most of those spins being when I was a teenager. It even endured being played backwards a bunch of times in order to hear the supposed Satanic message embedded in Stairway. It survived 4 1/2 years of college and somehow didn't get lost or thrown away when I left it at my parents house for twenty odd years. Over thirty years later I occasionally throw it on and it still sounds great. 
  • Options
    Hard choice but I guess two of my most irreplaceable records would be an Australian EMI black label copy of the Sex Pistols "Anarchy In The UK" and an original copy of the first Bad Religion EP that I paid $2.50 for back in '83. 
    You win for me ya dickhead...

You always have the cool shit.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Almost Famous - Untitled - Soundtrack
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod
    Soundgarden - Superunknown - Original orange press
    Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream - Original orange press

Stuff I bought when I was younger, that is kind of rarer now.

Is wildflowers the OG or the reissue?
    Reissue is the superior one.  The original is digital.  I expect the new box coming to be analog like the 16.
    I have the box set version.  What is that?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod

Reissue is the superior one.  The original is digital.  I expect the new box coming to be analog like the 16.
    That's the analog reissue.  It was only available in the box set.  The OG is still supposed to be very good and the prices are quite high, presumably just because it's the original.  I have seen people say that the OG is actually analog, but used the DMM process.  Not sure if that's true or not.  
    All of this should become moot next month when the Wildflowers box sets come out.  I presume it will still be the Bellman mastering and there are options from three records to a Super Deluxe set.  I went with the 7 record set.  I have been waiting for this project for years.  Tom always said it was coming but it never did.  He was probably too particular.  
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Mine would be my Chris Robinson, live in Paris 2LP. Album was set for release and record label went under. Recall on the album but some store employees grabbed a few. They say maybe 30 of these actually made it out and that was back in 2002. I’m sure there are a lot less out there now. Discogs shows 6 people admit to owning it.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    Mine would be my Chris Robinson, live in Paris 2LP. Album was set for release and record label went under. Recall on the album but some store employees grabbed a few. They say maybe 30 of these actually made it out and that was back in 2002. I’m sure there are a lot less out there now. Discogs shows 6 people admit to owning it.

Is it a solo show by him????
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2020
    Benny

PJ’s and Brandi Carlile’s 
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    May 30th said:

Is it a solo show by him????
    Ya he and Paul Stacey acoustic duo
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    - pair of original US Exile on Main Street both NM
    - Coltrane Blue Train 45
    - Coltrane Blue Train SRX
    - Some Girls original Monarch (the only good version I’ve found)
    - Wildflowers reissue
    You need to sell me one of those Exiles...  ;)
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod

That's the analog reissue.  It was only available in the box set.  The OG is still supposed to be very good and the prices are quite high, presumably just because it's the original.  I have seen people say that the OG is actually analog, but used the DMM process.  Not sure if that's true or not.  
    All of this should become moot next month when the Wildflowers box sets come out.  I presume it will still be the Bellman mastering and there are options from three records to a Super Deluxe set.  I went with the 7 record set.  I have been waiting for this project for years.  Tom always said it was coming but it never did.  He was probably too particular.  
    Don't forget about the secret Kevin Gray re-cut of the OG.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod

For real?  Does that really exist?  I have never seen it on Discogs or anywhere. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    - Coltrane Blue Train 45
    - Wildflowers reissue
    That's like an original Aja for me.  I buy them whenever I can find them so I'll never be without.  I think I have at least three Aja's. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod

For real?  Does that really exist?  I have never seen it on Discogs or anywhere. 
    Yep, rare, or most people don't realize what they have.

https://www.discogs.com/Tom-Petty-Wildflowers/release/14001458
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod

Yep, rare, or most people don't realize what they have.

https://www.discogs.com/Tom-Petty-Wildflowers/release/14001458
    Interesting..although I would love to have that, I'm not convinced it would be better than the box set version.  The box was both mastered and cut by CB at BG.  According to Discogs, that's the Marcussen master with KPG cutting the lacquer.  I'm not a huge fan of Marcussen. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Benny
    All the X-Mas Singles
    Tom Petty Wildflowers
    Live on Two Legs
    Lost Dogs
    Audioslave - Revelations
    AIC - Facelift on Tripod

Ahhh TY.  I bought both box sets when they first came out and wasn't sure if another version had made it out.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Bump for a hot thread
  • Options

• Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    - Coltrane Blue Train 45
    - Wildflowers reissue

• Options
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    - Coltrane Blue Train 45
    - Wildflowers reissue

I'm gonna find you one first.  
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    edited February 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    Most prized are the ones that were my Dad's. Aside from those....
    - OP of George Harrison All Things Must Pass 
    -OP of No Code
    -OP of Wildflowers
    I was there when you found that Harrison record! PJ20 weekend at that old antique store!   You and I were drooling. Plus it was like $20 and a pristine copy! 

My most cherished is my Brad ‘Best Friends’ LP signed by the entire band at Vintage Vinyl after they played an in-store. I talked to Happy for about 30 minutes beforehand about working with Shawn, Stone and the dudes. They played an amazing set opening up for Band of Horses at the Pageant and was the second time I saw them. First time I got to see the original lineup in 2003. So so so so amazing. 
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Picture^^^^por favor
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888
    Johnny Cash - Unearthed Box Set 
    Johnny Cash  - American Recordings Box Set
    PJ - All OG studio Albums, Lost Dogs, Rearview, (no benny)
    Some other stuff, but those above I cherish pretty high....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    Picture^^^^por favor
    Can do! I’ll post tomorrow for ya’! Also will post my Brad set list from the 03’ show in Australia. Maybe a photo of Stone and I! Good stories to share there! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,066
    Dirt - Alice In Chains - red vinyl (MOV pressing)
    Lost Dogs
    The Tall Sessions / Lost Crowes - The Black Crowes

• Options
    edited February 2021

Killer!
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Uncle Tupelo Live at Lounge Ax RSD release. I went to the only two RSD stores in my area that weren’t over two hours away from my house. One store didn’t get one and one store only got one that was grabbed right away. I didn’t want to pay the flippers price so I scoured the web for one at retail price. After a week of daily Google deep dives, I found one in a shop in Oxford England. After shipping from England it was still less than half the cost of the ones listed on Discogs and EBAY. It took a month to get here, but it sounds great!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    No value because they are played to death and we're stored wrong so they have some warp but I have my parents' vinyl collection that has some real gems.  Despite the condition they were almost all bought right at release so I assume that means they were first presses.  They also have all the original artwork and materials included...
    Beatles: White Album, Let it Be, Sgt Peppers, Rubber Soul
    Pink Floyd: Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here---Bonus treat, there are 4 rectangles cut from the DSM inner sleeve, because they were snowed in at the Redfeather Lakes in Colorado and couldn't get out to buy some rolling papers 🤣
    Lynyrd Skynyrd: Street Survivors with the original album cover
    AC/DC: Highway to Hell
    Led Zeppelin: IV, Physical Graffiti, CODA, Houses of the Holy
    Black Sabbath: Self-Titled, Paranoid, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Neil Young: Harvest
    Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Some honorable mentions that I remember getting a ton of spins and that show the depth of the collection...Styx: Pieces of Eight, Paradise Theatre
    Uriah Heep is in there, Yes, a few Doobie Bros albums, Deep Purple S-T, Graham Nash: Songs for Beginners, John Mayall's Blues breakers, Aerosmith: Toys in the Attic and S-T, a couple Kansas records that I really loved, Paul McCartney: Ram, Journey and Boston debuts, Meatloaf: Bat out of Hell and Back into Hell...fuck I really loved those two.  Paraphrasing from childhood memory "Wait a minute, boy, stop it.  What do you think you're doing?
    And I said God Damn It Daddy, you know I love you, but you've got a hell of a lot to learn about rock and roll!"
    🤣🤣. Gotta get that in my ears now.
    Zeppelin IV and the White Album were the two most frequent spins, Elton John, Styx Paradise Theatre and Meatloaf were my personal favorites as a child under the age of 10.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ^^^smart hunting. Patience usually pays off.

A few hot ones in my collection to show off to those who care.