Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Sent kiddo to school for the first time since March 13. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    deadendp said:
    How did it go?
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    How did it go?
    It went well. She feels good and being someone who battles severe anxiety, I was glad to hear that from her. 

Classes are small. She has two teachers she has had previously. She is encouraged by the new teachers. She loves culinary. On her way home, she drove by work to see me. 😊

Thanks for asking! 

Online learning at your house okay? 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    How did it go?
    It went well. She feels good and being someone who battles severe anxiety, I was glad to hear that from her. 

Classes are small. She has two teachers she has had previously. She is encouraged by the new teachers. She loves culinary. On her way home, she drove by work to see me. 😊

Thanks for asking! 

That’s awesome! What a relief, I bet. 

Online learning is not going so well for my boys. They’re both refusing to work. I’ve got my hands full for sure. My neighbors’ kids went back to school already and I was surprised but I trust our school to make the right decisions for the kids and the teachers so I’ll gladly wait until they’re ready. My high-schooler goes back on Tuesday. He needs it. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love my Trejo’s Tacos shirts. Apparently others do too :)
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    How did it go?

Thanks for asking! 

Online learning is not going so well for my boys. They’re both refusing to work. I’ve got my hands full for sure. My neighbors’ kids went back to school already and I was surprised but I trust our school to make the right decisions for the kids and the teachers so I’ll gladly wait until they’re ready. My high-schooler goes back on Tuesday. He needs it. 
    A relief indeed.

I'm sorry to hear about the boys not rocking out the online thing.  I get it.  It's not everyone's gig, but as of now for them, it has to be their gig.  I am a kinesthetic learner.  I would not do well with online only.  I must see.  I must do.  Perhaps they join me in my lil boat?  

Today my daughter sent me a hyperventilating Sheldon with a text that said, "So much work." She is chipping away at it, but there is definitely an enormous difference between what they had going on in the spring and what they have going on now.  W-F are her online days.  I came in, her hair looks like she has been through a windstorm, she is wearing old shorts and a tank top while stating, "I have not stopped working since 7:30 AM."  When did I walk in the door?  6:15 PM.  I don't doubt the truthfulness of her statement either. 

I have set up a strict electronics deadline for her.  Phone/Kindle turned in at 10 PM.  She may keep her Chromebook until 11 for studying only, but nothing other than studying and it must be turned in at 11 PM to the kitchen table.  Why?  Because last year she would wake up in a panic, the computer sitting next to her would call her and she would study all night instead of sleep.  By removing ALL electronics (goodbye Skype late night chats!) she actually falls asleep and stays asleep.  She is 16 and sure, she should be able to do the electronics responsibly, but the spin cycle that Brian talked about starts.  The anxiety takes over.  

Hoping that Tuesday is a good day for your high-schooler!  Once K got into the door and saw how everything was going, got the flow and expectations, she has zero regrets choosing the in-school option.  
  • Options
    I can’t stand most people right now. 

(Sorry to interrupt the school talk.)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    hedonist said:

https://youtu.be/CJXejD_FEXs
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    Thanks for reaching out above, friends.  Feeling pretty good this evening.  I hope you all are as well!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonist said:

No interruption at all. I'm sorry. :kiss:

I'm sorry, Jedi. Would you like a dick pic? 

• Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    How did it go?

Thanks for asking! 

A relief indeed.

I'm sorry to hear about the boys not rocking out the online thing.  I get it.  It's not everyone's gig, but as of now for them, it has to be their gig.  I am a kinesthetic learner.  I would not do well with online only.  I must see.  I must do.  Perhaps they join me in my lil boat?  

Today my daughter sent me a hyperventilating Sheldon with a text that said, "So much work." She is chipping away at it, but there is definitely an enormous difference between what they had going on in the spring and what they have going on now.  W-F are her online days.  I came in, her hair looks like she has been through a windstorm, she is wearing old shorts and a tank top while stating, "I have not stopped working since 7:30 AM."  When did I walk in the door?  6:15 PM.  I don't doubt the truthfulness of her statement either. 

I have set up a strict electronics deadline for her.  Phone/Kindle turned in at 10 PM.  She may keep her Chromebook until 11 for studying only, but nothing other than studying and it must be turned in at 11 PM to the kitchen table.  Why?  Because last year she would wake up in a panic, the computer sitting next to her would call her and she would study all night instead of sleep.  By removing ALL electronics (goodbye Skype late night chats!) she actually falls asleep and stays asleep.  She is 16 and sure, she should be able to do the electronics responsibly, but the spin cycle that Brian talked about starts.  The anxiety takes over.  

Hoping that Tuesday is a good day for your high-schooler!  Once K got into the door and saw how everything was going, got the flow and expectations, she has zero regrets choosing the in-school option.  
    That’s some impressive dedication on your daughter’s part. Her mama raised her well. :)

Tuesday should go well. He’s been helping (through ROTC) get the school ready to reopen so he’s already familiar with the setup and new routine. 

And that dick pic made me laugh too. Thanks for that. 

hedonist said:

Not interrupting at all. Sorry to hear that. Sending good thoughts. 

brianlux said:
    Thanks for reaching out above, friends.  Feeling pretty good this evening.  I hope you all are as well!
    Always great to hear about the good days. Hoping it continues for you. 
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

Welcome to my world. I have been waiting for you.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:
    hedonist said:

Welcome to my world. I have been waiting for you.
    Run away with me.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    hedonist said:
    I love my Trejo’s Tacos shirts. Apparently others do too :)
    that's awesome. i think i'll order one! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Djokovic is a fucking clown.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    dankind said:

The idea of fucking clowns.... ewww. Those big shoes, the grease paint...
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dankind said:

I hear Bozo was quite the lothario. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    dankind said:

ewwww
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Got a flu shot yesterday.  It is turning colors! 
  • Options
    Ow! My doc told me there’s a nationwide shortage. I’m on the waitlist, I think. 
  • Options
    Really? We had a flu shot clinic at church. We normally do couch church, but skipped that to go in for shots. A local pharmacy did it. 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Really? We had a flu shot clinic at church. We normally do couch church, but skipped that to go in for shots. A local pharmacy did it. 
    It’s a conspiracy to keep me uninnoculated!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    Nah, they just don't want you to be all bruised up like me.  :smiley: 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said: 
    deadendp said:
    Nah, they just don't want you to be all bruised up like me.  :smiley: 
    Pffft. That happens anyway ;)

I just checked and it appears the shortages are regional, not national. 
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    found out today doctor wants hubby put on the list for a kidney transplant.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Oh man.  Here's to it going well, if he has to have it.

For what it's worth, my brother-in-law has had two, and is doing pretty well several years after the fact.

My good thoughts to you both.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,904
    I hope it all works out ok. As Hedo said above, I am also sending good thoughts your way. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    My dad. I love you. I will miss you.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I know that feeling. 

Did something happen?
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    hedonist said:
    I know that feeling. 

Did something happen?
    He’s dying. They unhooked everything this morning, including his defibrillator.  He’s not really eaten more than a mouthful a day for the last week and a half.  They gave him some more phone an hour or so ago, but he’s been fading in and out all day.  I FaceTimed with him twice today, but I don’t think he was aware.  We’re heading out tomorrow morning, but we live over twelve hours away, including a feet ride, so it’s unlikely that I’ll say goodbye in person.  I was prepared . . . But not really.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop