Stupid question about the Nugs Stream event

Comments

• dmittleiderdmittleider David City, NE Posts: 62
    I want a refund.  No audio.  Black and white.  Never getting a Nugs thing again.  
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    FWIW...goes B&W to color around the song Porch in the set list..late set one.  I think this is Intentional and for artistic effect.  As for sound, there are some FAQs on Nugs to help.  I know my LG smart TV browser was a no go, but Apple TV is working fine.  Personally my enjoyment exceeded the price of admission right about mid-second song.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Five minutes on it and stick like hell..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't get the anger at it being black and white. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I didn’t order the Nugs stream but cheers to the people at Better Than Nothing... their video was awesome! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

+1 on no audio. 

• SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    ComeToTX said:
    Now I got it to cast through the nugs app but if my iPad goes dark it cuts off and when I press play it starts over. Fuck this. 
    There's a nugs app you can install on your AppleTV so you don't have to cast it. Worked great for me.
    No audio through my Chrome browser and the Nugs app crashes on my phone. Thoroughly unimpressed with Nugs. Glad I got to see video at MoPop two years ago and am only out $10 now. 

• giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I went old school with HDMI cable from my laptop to tv. No audio issues. 
    Lovely way to spend a Friday night. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 119
    Anyone know if this video will be released as a "DVD"?
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Choska said:
    The definition is too high to be a DVD.  I don't see it as a blu ray from teh band.  I did hear that Nugs will have it on their public channel on YouTube at some point.  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    mrussel1 said:
    Choska said:
    The definition is too high to be a DVD.  I don't see it as a blu ray from teh band.  I did hear that Nugs will have it on their public channel on YouTube at some point.  
    Next Friday if the link I posted above is correct 
    I miss igotid88
  • JimmyV said:
    I think it is because the world is viewed in color, plus colored broadcasts have been around since the 1950's and widely available commercially since the 70's.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JimmyV said:
    I think it is because the world is viewed in color, plus colored broadcasts have been around since the 1950's and widely available commercially since the 70's.
    Please ignore my avatar while reading this.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I went old school with HDMI cable from my laptop to tv. No audio issues. 
    Lovely way to spend a Friday night. 

Did the same thing but using my desktop PC. No audio issues as well.
  • ComeToTX said:
    I cant get it to cast on my Apple TV. YouTube works but nugs has an error. Anyone?
    Same. Never got to watch it and when I sent an email to support I got a snarky response. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Also my Ten club code didn’t work so it was $15. 
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    edited September 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    I cant get it to cast on my Apple TV. YouTube works but nugs has an error. Anyone?
    Same. Never got to watch it and when I sent an email to support I got a snarky response. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Also my Ten club code didn’t work so it was $15. 
    I struggled with a few technical issues also. I have an iMac streaming to AppleTV. I got a couple of errors at first. I was ready to throw in the towel but there is a support page on NUGS just for this show which helped.Used NUGS.net as opposed to the APP. Be aware that the first 5 minutes there’s no picture or audio so advance to the 5 minute or beyond mark right away. You should see the Space Needle.Switched to Firefox and turned off all other wifi devices. Don’t give up too quick. Oh and really enjoyed the first half of the show which is all I’ve seen so far.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    DJ253147 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I struggled with a few technical issues also. I have an iMac streaming to AppleTV. I got a couple of errors at first. I was ready to throw in the towel but there is a support page on NUGS just for this show which helped.Used NUGS.net as opposed to the APP. Be aware that the first 5 minutes there’s no picture or audio so advance to the 5 minute or beyond mark right away. You should see the Space Needle.Switched to Firefox and turned off all other wifi devices. Don’t give up too quick. Oh and really enjoyed the first half of the show which is all I’ve seen so far.
    Not knocking you... that’s a good explanation, but it shouldn’t be that complicated.  It’s 2020... streaming video is not a new technology.  Nugs seems to have dropped the ball.  Hopefully they’ll be better prepared next time. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I just got home from camping, and it seems to work fine.  It is a minor bummer that the main set is B&W (which is how they do it at concerts, main set is b&w on the big screens, encores go to colour).   I'm not sure if I'm going to have to time to watch it today :(  Trying to capture it so I can watch it later.

Hopefully it does show up somewhere in the future.   As awesome as the bootleg of it is, it does look a lot better when its the actual video feed, and not someone video'ing the screen.

Hopefully they'll put out night 2 someday?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Zod said:
    I just got home from camping, and it seems to work fine.  It is a minor bummer that the main set is B&W (which is how they do it at concerts, main set is b&w on the big screens, encores go to colour).   I'm not sure if I'm going to have to time to watch it today :(  Trying to capture it so I can watch it later.

Hopefully it does show up somewhere in the future.   As awesome as the bootleg of it is, it does look a lot better when its the actual video feed, and not someone video'ing the screen.

I hope night 2 gets released too.

The new 5.1 audio mix that's up on Nugs is fantastic. There's a link few posts back that it will be up on their YouTube page. 
  • Zod said:

If I understand correctly there is a download link which is supposed to show up in our NUGS stash tomorrow which is good for 2 more days.
  • on2legs said:
    DJ253147 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Not knocking you... that’s a good explanation, but it shouldn’t be that complicated.  It’s 2020... streaming video is not a new technology.  Nugs seems to have dropped the ball.  Hopefully they’ll be better prepared next time. 
    Completely agree with on2legs. I said all of this to my wife(that I’d thrown away $10.00-but more disappointing not to be able to watch the show) but surprised myself by keeping my cool and getting it to work but it seems like it should be WAY simpler in 2020!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    edited September 2020
    DJ253147 said:
    Zod said:

If I understand correctly there is a download link which is supposed to show up in our NUGS stash tomorrow which is good for 2 more days.

Its ok,  I figured it out :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    Zod said:

Its ok,  I hypothetically figured out a way to save a copy :)

ZodLove
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Finally got it to work on my daughters MacBook after begging her to use it. I was really enjoying it.  Feeling so happy. Got 1/2 through Black.  Now it’s buffering.  Disappointing to say the least 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Finally got it to work on my daughters MacBook after begging her to use it. I was really enjoying it.  Feeling so happy. Got 1/2 through Black.  Now it’s buffering.  Disappointing to say the least 
    Kicked the kid off the Xbox.  Problem solved. 😂 bedtime anyway!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I ended up getting it and watched it last night. It was awesome! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Kicked the kid off the Xbox.  Problem solved. 😂 bedtime anyway!
    Wait, is it the same kid that you took the MacBook and then kicked her off the XBox?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    on2legs said:
    DJ253147 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I did the HDMI hookup from laptop to TV and it was great....a few buffering moments but just for a few seconds each

That being said...nugs is confusing and not user friendly at all.  They need to get their shit together.  Whether it is a download of a bootleg or video it is just always a hassle to obtain what you paid for.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville