2»

Comments

• Options
    ryansakoryansako Posts: 13
    deadendp said:
    Ryan, I'm so very sorry. 
    Thanks Amy. ❤️
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Awesome letter to your friend, Ryan

I hope that as weeks turn to months, and months turn to years, that you can smile more and more at memories like these. 
    Revisiting your old friend, through stories, or just  knowing that part of him is always with you when you have things like this permanently etched into your soul - that is the best part of knowing great people.
    We hope the pain fades while the memories remain.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    AstaakAstaak Connecticut Posts: 45
    I am so truly saddened by Tommy’s passing. I didn’t know him well, but I knew him way back when. My family and his grew up together in a suburban town outside of Toledo, OH. In many ways it was a perfect little spot to raise your kids in the 70’s/80’s/90’s. I have two older brothers (Jim and Tom) who are the same age as Tom Husman and his little brother, Nathan. We all played baseball (softball for me) and my brother (Tom) and Nathan were good childhood friends. They got in plenty of trouble together. I can remember my mom and their mom (Fran) visiting for a play date, the mom’s enjoying a glass of wine and me, the younger sister hanging back with my mom drinking OJ and dipping my finger in my mom’s wine glass. Haha. As the youngest of the bunch (Tommy was 6 years older than me, I tried to stay out of their way I guess. Fast forward to the early 90’s, I got hired for my first job by none other than Fran at a little party/balloon shop where I worked part time till I graduated high school and would work there on break from college. Fran was and remains the best boss I ever had. She is so kind and so sweet, and my heart breaks for her.
     From time to time Tommy would stop in to see his mom, and my being intimidated by an older, cooler kid like Tommy continued. Little did I know that we actually had a big thing in common, huge love for music. And who knew he would go on to work with my favorite band! It was and still is too much for me to comprehend! So the years went by, I bounced all over the place moving from state to state and losing touch with most of the people from my childhood. Over the years I would hear updates from my mom about Fran. When I got married in 2010 in NY she was on the invite list but could not attend. Sadly, that same year she lost her youngest son, Nathan. That was actually when I heard about Tommy working with Pearl Jam and how well they treated him during that difficult time. It wasn’t until 2018 when i went to a Pearl Jam show with my brother at Wrigley (my first PJ show in many many years.) My brother reminded me that Tommy Husman worked with the band and he wondered if we could get in touch with him. I did find him on Instagram and shot him a message once. It wasn’t long after that time that I heard of his cancer fight. I hoped like many others that he would have more time. 

I truly regret that I never had the chance to touch base. I will do my best to not make that mistake again and find a way to reconnect with Fran and let her know she is not alone and that my heart goes out to her. I am so happy to see all the people that loved Tommy Husman. He is a true success story from our town of Sylvania, OH. I am so very sorry to hear of his passing. I wish he had had more time here with his wife. I wish the same for all of his friends and coworkers and family as well. I wish and hope that we all get time in abundance. 
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    RIP and peace to his family and loved ones 😞
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    RIP Tom. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    ryansakoryansako Posts: 13

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,760
    All this made me reach out to a couple old friends.
    Lots of love to those hurting. Take care everyone.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Reading Astaak's story, so sad.  His mother (Fran) has lost two sons now.  I'm not a parent but I know that's not right.  It brings me pain, I can't imagine that loss.  My heart goes out to his mother and his family.  
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited August 2020
    ryansako said:

Hugs to you. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    A few of us have been in talks of putting this together for a few weeks now and it's finally come together. For anyone interested in a 'I ❤️ Husman' t-shirt please visit the site below. All sales are pre-order only. The sale will be running through November 1st . Once the sale ends, orders will be processed, printed and shipped. 100% of the proceeds will be given Tom's mom and wife.

https://www.jupmodesupply.com/collections/ilh-i-love-husman

If any members or mods have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers,
    Ryan 
  • Options
    AstaakAstaak Connecticut Posts: 45
    Ryan got me in touch with Fran shortly after I posted and I am so grateful for that. It turns out A year ago my husband and I moved to the very town in CT that some of Frans ancestors founded! Once she mentioned their name I immediately knew of two historic homes in my neighborhood that were her ancestor’s homes! One is two blocks from my house and I pass it every day. I am blown away by how this universe works. Anyway, I intend to stay in touch and who knows, maybe when travel is something we do again, Fran can come see what her family started. I would love to get her together with my mom again too. 

I am sorry I missed this tshirt fundraiser...I got busy with work and haven’t checked in lately. I would have bought several for me and my fam. 

I hope everyone is doing well enough and are staying healthy. Happy holidays to all. :)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    RIP Tom. Thank you for all you gave us and  so many others.  1 year later and still think of you a lot, what you did for me and our conversations.  May our memories of you be a blessing to us all