124»

Comments

• Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    JayStumpf wrote:
    A little late, but here are my pics from the show:

http://webpages.charter.net/forestrat/pics/denver070206/

Cool pics, thanks for posting them.
  • DixieNDixieN Posts: 351
    This was my 7th (I think) time of seeing PJ. Of all the shows I've seen, this one was the one in which they were most on fire. Non-stop action from start to finish, which I didn't think paired well with Petty's laid back style. Which isn't a rip on Petty. It was just kind of a 'schizophrenic' pairing. I'd be lying if I didn't say the pairing will definitely make me think twice before I do something like this again. We had good seating, but unfortunately didn't have any of those "statue" fans some other people have complained about around us. We had people who were so enthusiastic about the band that they blocked our view, or people who were so enthusiastic about their personal lives that they actually managed to drown out huge chunks of music being blasted over a PA. The upshot of this is that we didn't see the band unobstructedly (I've sat in sections that have been labeled 'obstructed view' and had a better view), and we didn't hear the band at times, making this the worst PJ concert experience we've ever had. Luck of the draw. But, what we did see and hear was good, leaving us satisfied at the end. I think that what I will remember most about this show was just the "jolt of electricity" feel it had with Pearl Jam.
    Soulfire42 wrote:
    Cool pics, thanks for posting them.

My thanks, as well!
  • SlickslickaSlickslicka Doniphan, NE Posts: 92
    I got pretty lucky. I got on ticketmaster and searched best 3 seats available and they were in the back corner. Then I saw there was an option to by the new Tom Petty cd with your tickets and I was curious if you get better seats doing this. Well after searching it pulled up seats in the 6th row, center section. It was well worth the 16 bucks for the new Tom Petty cd, because we were 6 rows dead center right in front of Eddie. After asking around it sounds like they might have been fan club tickets (tom petty) that just didn't sell so they released them on ticketmaster a few days before the show. I'm still in shock!

Awesome. Wish I would have thought of that. I think there were a lot more Petty fans on night two. Our 10c seats were 20 rows back on night 2.
    1995-06-19, 2000-10-12, 2003-06-12, 2003-06-13, 2006-07-02, 2006-07-03, 2010-05-03, 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04, 2013-11-15, 2013-11-16
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    My cousin ordered these tickets while I was condo hunting in Frisco, Co., I live in Fl. He mentioned they were over $100.00 didn't realize they'd be with Petty. Knowing PJ was 1st I didn't expect a long show from them but I always expect a great time & it was! Rode down from my new condo in Frisco(1st time there,out fished my bro inlaw 6-1,many trout!). Tail gate with my wife before heading inside. Show Time ! The new stuff is amazing, WWS,Severed Hand, Hail to Hail Hail, Evolution always gets the house jumping to another level. Given to Fly, up another level. Solos by MCCready & Cameron keep Even Flow sounding fresh. Present Tense inspired me to rise to my highest level of the night. A slow hypnotic version fulfilled my all-encompassing trip! Hated the tease during Daughter, we already know were getting a short-changed show, now you close the shades? Bee Girl was something different, a good change before some old great classics to close the 1st set. Comatose jump-starts the crowd, a new show crowd favorite already, as does Bushleaguer. Alive is next, first time played since the VH1 episode. I didn't need to be informed of Eds new meaning of his song. Five yrs ago while working as a NYC fireman I was involved in a horrific blding explosion that killed 3 of my fellow firefighter brothers RIP(6/17/01), two which were right next to me. I was told I flat-lined 3x that night. 8 1/2 weeks in ICU, 3 yrs of physical therapy now pounding my chest screaming my lungs out singing Alive! Do I deserve to be? You bet your Mother-Fuckn Ass! My wife was supporting me while I was standing & swaying (love you), our 2nd show together my 9th(they're all great). I'll rest during the TP show. Needed the rest, back to see them 7/3 & in Vegas! Thanks pie. Need to hear Release I'll hold the pain Release me Im waiting!
    Didn't get to here Release on 7/3 or in Vegas. Athens here I come, RELEASE ME!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    here are some short videos from the Denver night 1 concert that I took off my digital camera

Jeremy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4y4Wnjb9do

Betterman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bTiGfJac4

Black
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1qWRGnnMo

they turned out pretty good except it seems when I uploaded them the audio and video became off... enjoy.
  • MagnoliaMagnolia Posts: 2
    JayStumpf wrote:

Wow, gorgeous photos, Jay! Thanks for sharing them!
    here are some short videos from the Denver night 1 concert that I took off my digital camera

Jeremy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4y4Wnjb9do

Betterman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bTiGfJac4

Black
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1qWRGnnMo

they turned out pretty good except it seems when I uploaded them the audio and video became off... enjoy.

Not a problem. I enjoyed just watching the videos and looking at the crowd around you. You seemed to be in a really good spot!
  • JayStumpf wrote:

Cool pix. I love to get all the pictures I can from the shows I'm lucky enough to attend.

Thanks!!
  • WastedteenWastedteen Posts: 17
    It seemed like night #1 was greatest hits oriented. Pretty much the only big hit they didn't play was Elderly Woman but I can live with that. Anyway I'm from New Hampshire and flew out to see some of my friends in CO and had a great time of drinking and smoking for the 2 days I was out there. And the addition of Pearl Jam and Tom Petty made the whole damn trip worth it. If I only had more time for more shows.

BTW, Corduroy was AWESOME with Mr. Benmont Tench!
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    JayStumpf wrote:

Any chance you might sell me a copy of a few of those? I'd love to have them as a keepsake from a very special night.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    GREAT show and GREAT pics and videos from all of you.......I had seats in 104, 8 rows up off the floor (Stone's side). Not many PJ fans at first, but some converts afterwards.

I pretty much received what I expected, a short set but filled with what I wanted to hear....PJ songs! It was quite a treat to get Bee Girl and Bush....

I do have two disappointments to relay.......

1. I was SSSOOOOO bummed that the singalong didn't go off well during Present Tense, as I was hoping they'd play it just to do that. I have know idea what happened, but Ed tried to let us, but then took over.....

2. There was alot of people in my section just standing around during PJ, except for the guy in the row in front of me. It was us two who were jamming and dancing, until two guys showed up and it was their seats. Unfortunately, these two did not even lift a toe, not even a head nod, during PJ OR TP! It's so much better going to shows where the people are into it around you.....but it still was amazing and a blast (after 8 beers and some jaeger, pretty much anything is)
    any chance there is someone who saw it ironic "Jeremy" was played in Denver, I mean with Colombine and all? I actually saw the school THAT day and found it odd but didn't talk to any Denver natives for fear I might run into a student who was in the school that day. Anyone have an opinion?
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
    denverfan wrote:
    it may be that you haven't seen Petty all that much...I am not a petty fan but do head out to see the band whenever they are near...just the fact that they are legends and play great music, Tom is owed our respect, him and the Heartbreakers have paid their dues. Anyway, their set tonight was smokin...never seen Petty rock like that, normally it's a rocker with some low key sprinkled in to even things out ....not tonight, I thought Tom set it off. Also nice to hear "hey those PJ guys are a pretty good band, who would have guessed it." From some older Petty fans while I was taking a leak

Want to know your opinion on them playing Jeremy in Denver with Colombine in the area. Thought it was a little odd. Tell me what you think. you're local...I want to know what you all think.
  • Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    Want to know your opinion on them playing Jeremy in Denver with Colombine in the area. Thought it was a little odd. Tell me what you think. you're local...I want to know what you all think.

Jeremy is not about Columbine. Yes, it is similar. If they played Rival, I would have found it more odd. I do not think that Jeremy is anything close to a "celebration" of death, suicide, school shootings or anything of the sort. I think we need to remember to put everything into its context. Pearl Jam is clearly not a band that thinks, "Isn't Columbine awesome?" Where no offense is intended, none should be taken. So for me, it was simply great to get to hear Jeremy again after so long.
    Soulfire42 wrote:
    Jeremy is not about Columbine. Yes, it is similar. If they played Rival, I would have found it more odd. I do not think that Jeremy is anything close to a "celebration" of death, suicide, school shootings or anything of the sort. I think we need to remember to put everything into its context. Pearl Jam is clearly not a band that thinks, "Isn't Columbine awesome?" Where no offense is intended, none should be taken. So for me, it was simply great to get to hear Jeremy again after so long.

I know it's not ABOUT Colombine but the story its based on is similar. I just was wondering how people in Denver saw it and if the similarities had any effect on people there. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it. I thought it was odd yet funny to hear Brain of J. in Dallas '98. "Who's got the brain of JFK..." Especially since we were less than a mile away from the sight were our darkest moment happend. Thanks for the insight.