Sneaker Head Kicks Collectors Page "All Sneaker Talk"

Comments

• MedozK said:
    Picked up a few pairs of these this morning. Classic OG colorway. Had to upgrade the 2013 with this new NA version. There are only a couple NA versions that I need to add to my collections and I'll have every version MJ wore on court.

Very nice! Those and the Ten were my favorite. Played in them until they simply fell apart....
    The X's were bricks.  No way you enjoyed hooping in those?!?

I did...really...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Picked these up just for some summer kicks after watching The Last Dance last night. It was cool to see the old Mars Blackman commercials, forgot all about those.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Did you know did you know did you know?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    dudeman said:
    I know you guys really know shoes and this appears to be a Nike heavy thread but....

Can I ask about Salomon shoes here?

Anyone sporting Salomons? How are they holding up?

I can't seem to stop buying them. Super comfortable and supportive and they appear to be well engineered for their intended purposes. I used to be a Merrell guy but the Salomon shoes I own (3 pair) wipe the floor with every pair of Merrells I ever had, and that's like, 15 pairs.
    I've been wearing Salomon trail shoes for years. I have 2 pairs in my regular rotation. When I went to Alaska last summer for 17 days they were the only shoes I brought. They are my go to trail shoes along with my many pairs of La Sportiva.
    However do not make a habit of wearing them as every day or street shoes. Trail shoes are not intended for that kind of use.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    For those who may have missed, I got an email from Foot Locker that appears they re-stocked on the 5's.  When I click the link it shows almost all sizes available, but can't confirm accuracy as I didn't try to buy a second pair. 
    bbiggs said:
    For those who may have missed, I got an email from Foot Locker that appears they re-stocked on the 5's.  When I click the link it shows almost all sizes available, but can't confirm accuracy as I didn't try to buy a second pair. 
    Thanks.

MedozK said:
    Picked up a few pairs of these this morning. Classic OG colorway. Had to upgrade the 2013 with this new NA version. There are only a couple NA versions that I need to add to my collections and I'll have every version MJ wore on court.

Very nice! Those and the Ten were my favorite. Played in them until they simply fell apart....

I did...really...
    Last night on Last Dance they showed something I was actually hoping they would show.  I remember watching a game when Jordan had come back and Pippen was wearing the X's.  He showed the bottom of the shoe on TV and thought that was really cool.
    Asked this in Last Dance thread figured I would post here too.

So something they showed twice now was Jordan wearing the Bordeaux VII's.  I know he wore them during the Allstar game and the Michael Jackson video.  I would love to know where that footage of him wearing those came from in 92.

• MedozK said:

I did...really...
    Last night on Last Dance they showed something I was actually hoping they would show.  I remember watching a game when Jordan had come back and Pippen was wearing the X's.  He showed the bottom of the shoe on TV and thought that was really cool.

I'd love to find a pair. Do you have any ideas where I could get a pair of size 12s without having to sell a kidney?
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
    MedozK said:

I did...really...

I'd love to find a pair. Do you have any ideas where I could get a pair of size 12s without having to sell a kidney?
    https://stockx.com/jordan-10-retro-double-nickel

Go down a half size and they are $100 cheaper!

• So that is the going rate for Air Jordans. Obvious that I have been out of the Air Jordans market for a loooong time.

So that is the going rate for Air Jordans. Obvious that I have been out of the Air Jordans market for a loooong time.
    All of the retros sans the XI's go for about $200 now.  So the $230 shipped price isn't bad at all.  The Chitown X's were last made in 2015 I think?  They won't be releasing these again for a bit so I would get them when you can.  I know the OG X's are worth some serious money.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2020
    I still need the black toe 1s to complete the 1s collection. Would love to have the Air Ships also.
    Post edited by MedozK on

So something they showed twice now was Jordan wearing the Bordeaux VII's.  I know he wore them during the Allstar game and the Michael Jackson video.  I would love to know where that footage of him wearing those came from in 92.
    I think that footage was from practice.
    MedozK said:

I think that footage was from practice.
    All Star Game practice though?

It's still cool to see what he is wearing.  I can always identify the years.
    MedozK said:
    I still need the black toe 1s to complete the 1s collection. Would love to have the Air Ships also.
    I actually have those.  Still NIB.  Haven't got around to wearing them yet.
    @MedozK do you have the AJKO's too?  I love those kicks.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    dudeman said:
    I know you guys really know shoes and this appears to be a Nike heavy thread but....

Can I ask about Salomon shoes here?

Anyone sporting Salomons? How are they holding up?

I can't seem to stop buying them. Super comfortable and supportive and they appear to be well engineered for their intended purposes. I used to be a Merrell guy but the Salomon shoes I own (3 pair) wipe the floor with every pair of Merrells I ever had, and that's like, 15 pairs.
    I've been wearing Salomon trail shoes for years. I have 2 pairs in my regular rotation. When I went to Alaska last summer for 17 days they were the only shoes I brought. They are my go to trail shoes along with my many pairs of La Sportiva.
    However do not make a habit of wearing them as every day or street shoes. Trail shoes are not intended for that kind of use.
    Agreed. They are not casual shoes but man are they great for the woods.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Ive been looking at the XII’s that Jordan wore in Japan for a promotional game.  Navy blue koi theme.  Pretty interesting.  

I’ve decided to buy a pair of Space Jams again.  Those are my favorite XI’s. 
    Ive been looking at the XII’s that Jordan wore in Japan for a promotional game.  Navy blue koi theme.  Pretty interesting.  

I’ve decided to buy a pair of Space Jams again.  Those are my favorite XI’s. 
    09's or the one's w the 45 on the back?
    BOOM!!!

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Missed on these if anyone bought and regrets....
    MedozK said:
    BOOM!!!

You're excited about landing a womans shoe?  They have it in your size?

You know you could always go with the "pure money" and it's almost the same shoe.  They just won't be that cream color.

This is a shoe I'm on the fence about.
    Nike Vapormax 2020 Pure Platinum Multicolor W
    MedozK said:
    BOOM!!!

You know you could always go with the "pure money" and it's almost the same shoe.  They just won't be that cream color.

Ha, naw not for me. But it will turn into $1000+ of something I want.
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    BOOM!!!

They are selling for that much?  Ridiculous, lol!
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    BOOM!!!

Yea, people go crazy for Off-White colabs, especially Jordan ones.
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    BOOM!!!

Yea, people go crazy for Off-White colabs, especially Jordan ones.
    I've never seen people go bananas for a woman's shoe though?  That is just cray.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited July 2020
    So I’ve always been a huge fan of Jordan’s, but I’ve just finally been coming around to actually buying some. I scored those Fire Red Vs mentioned on the previous page. Awesome OG colorway on perhaps my favorite silhouette. I wasn’t able to get the Alternate Grape/Grape Ice Vs on the release date but I waited until they dropped a little bit on StockX and got them at a reasonable price. The OG Grapes are my favorite shoe of all time, and my favorite colors are purple and teal, so needless to say I love the colorway and can’t wait for them to arrive. 

Some releases I’m looking forward to: Varsity Royal 3s, Alternate Bel-Air 5s, the purple Quai 54 VIs (assuming they get a wide release), the Off-White Bred IVs (I know, I know. Fat chance), any OG colorway of the 1,3,4,or 5s.