Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    mrussel1 said:
    Vinyl Me Please send me 2 albums.  Dejstil, which I already have and a Continuum album.  I didn't realize that they were sending me the White Stripes album.  I figure I'll let them send whatever.  

I guess I need to pay attention more...
    You wanna sell that Destijl? I wouldn't mind the swirl version
    Tradesies?
    Yeah probably. I'll PM you later today 
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    DC29940 said:

It’s been a great week. 
    I love the idea of one front facing vinyl, how did I not think of that!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Only a pre order but:

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

(fucking great live album by ABBA. Better than KISS - Alive!)
  • Options

”The songs of the worker movement”

bought it thinking of @mrussel1
  • Options

Are those like classic Soviet anthems?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Are those like classic Soviet anthems?
    "The Internationale", which is the real banger on here being featured both with swedish vocals and as an instrumental, is french is it not? Was an anthem in Soviet Union though.

https://youtu.be/PPExpmtdMEw

I don't know where the rest of the songs comes from, how many are swedish and how many are just swedish translations.

But it was more of a cool find in the used bins than something I will listen too. Might give it to my dad on his birthday if the Frank Zappa book doesn't show up in time.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    10 dollars used

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    10 dollars used

That is such a damn fine album!  Score! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

• Options
    edited July 2020

Peter Lemarc - circus circus $6.5 (seen it go för above 10 at places. indierelease before peter went to a major label)

Bob Dylan - Live at budokan $9 (no poster. dont lnow why i bought it. guess Ill listen once then give it to a friend)

Nationalteatern - Barn av vår tid $9 (swedish progg (no, not like Rush  but swedish/scandinavian 70s rock genre with left leaning political songs. Goes for $14 at my local store)

Ebba Grön $5 (swedish punk with Joakim Thåström. often sells for over 10, so maybe its scratched or something)

Bob Dylan - down in the groove $5

Did not pick up:
    Weird al - greatest hits $5
    Star Wars soundtrack for $15
    KISS - Love Gun for $7 (very scratched)
    The Last Action Hero soundtrack $35
    Guns N Roses - use your illusion 1 and 2 $25 each
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Had to get volume 2 to compliment volume 1.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    FINALLY, one of the three albums I've been waiting for came in today! 
    3rd by the Baseball Project, a side band that includes Steve Wynn, Wynn's wife, Linda Pitmon from The Miravle Three/ Zuzu's Petals among others, Mike Mills from R.E.M., Scott McCaughey from The Long Ryders.   Can't wait to spin this one!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,829
    ^^^man. That band played at a dude's house that puts on shows. I missed it, but he was posting pictures of the REM equipment. I'm pretty sure It was peter buck who played with them over here. Who knows!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,039

Do they sing in Swedish?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^man. That band played at a dude's house that puts on shows. I missed it, but he was posting pictures of the REM equipment. I'm pretty sure It was peter buck who played with them over here. Who knows!

On his website, Wynn talks about how he likes doing House Concerts.  I've sort of kicked the idea around of hiring him to do one for my 70th birthday next year.  Not sure if it will even be possible let alone the cost.  But anyway, he ways this:

"I love playing House Concerts (or Living Room Shows, take your pick) They're a completely different experience from a club show. All of the artifice is stripped away. No stage, no dressing room, no barrier between the performer and the audience. The shows seem like one step closer to the way music was intended-traveling from town to town, telling stories and making friends.

Most of the people I've met in the house concert world were a little surprised at first to find that such a thing was even possible. Could it be that simple to open your living room to 50 or 60 friends and local music fans and then have a face from your record collection come to life, taking requests and meeting your kids and asking where to lay his coat? But I'm not the only touring musician who has found the joys and refuge in these kinds of shows. Friends of mine like Peter Case, Amy Rigby, Wreckless Eric and many others have been doing them for years.

It's easy. You just contact your favorite touring troubadour, tell him how you want to do the show, offer up a date and you'll most likely hear "yep, sounds great." Sometimes you can fill up your audience with your pals and sometimes you can ask the musician to put the word out to his fans as well. I've done shows by myself or as a duo with Jason Victor. Sometimes I bring the whole band along. No two house concerts are ever the same."

https://www.stevewynn.net/house_concerts.php

• Options
    ^^do it. If you want any advice check out 'live at drew's'. Drew is great and should help you out. he charges like 30 bucks a head and gives all the cash to the band. May be easier than we think. As long as this covid stuff mellows out. Happy early birthday.
  • Options
    First living room show I saw was Joseph Arthur doing ballad of boogie christ. So sick!!!
  • Options
    RobertwileysrRobertwileysr Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Posts: 22
    I got Alice In Chains unplugged!!!! 10/10 recommend! It sounds so much better on vinyl! I either want Facelift, Chris Cornell's Euphoria Mourning or Higher Truth. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,205

I'd really like to add last action hero soundtrack to my collection.  I love that album.  Would also like to find original pressings of UYI I and II, but I make do with my back on black reissues :)
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    I got Alice In Chains unplugged!!!! 10/10 recommend! It sounds so much better on vinyl! I either want Facelift, Chris Cornell's Euphoria Mourning or Higher Truth. 
    Music on Vinyl always does a top notch job on all their pressings, but they really knocked AIC Unplugged out of the park. One of my favorites to listen to. And you should totally get Euphoria Mourning on vinyl. Sounds great as well. Pretty sure it hovers right around the $20 mark on Amazon, which is a steal as far as I'm concerned with how good that album in. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MOV is great. 

AP/QRP is still my favorite though, followed by MOFI.  But MOV is right there. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    mrussel1 said:
    MOV is great. 

AP/QRP is still my favorite though, followed by MOFI.  But MOV is right there. 
    Agree on the MOV pressings. I recently picked up the Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall MOV press. Sounds fantastic. Nice and warm and the quiet parts are quiet.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^do it. If you want any advice check out 'live at drew's'. Drew is great and should help you out. he charges like 30 bucks a head and gives all the cash to the band. May be easier than we think. As long as this covid stuff mellows out. Happy early birthday.

Might be worth considering!

I love that photo on Live at Drew's fb page:
    Image may contain 3 people people playing musical instruments and people standing

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I read about this 7 LP set in Nat Hentoff's book, Listen to the Stories, and found a near mint set in VG+ box for a really good deal.  Django Reinhardt, Djangology/USA, Volumes 1-7.  Super thrilled to have this!  Includes the booklet. 

DjangologieUSA Vols 1-7 - Django Reinhardt  Songs Reviews

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655

I ordered one and Amazon sent me a pack of 15.

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2