I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited July 2020
    ^^^Did Big Bambu have the Rolling Paper?^^^
    cutz said:
    ^^^Did Big Bambu have the Rolling Paper?^^^
    no. but the lp is nm....

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    ^^^I picked up one of those. Paper positive. Would be tough to stuff. Never listened to it yet. Ever since pot became mainstream it lost its...idk...attraction.
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^I picked up one of those. Paper positive. Would be tough to stuff. Never listened to it yet. Ever since pot became mainstream it lost its...idk...attraction.
    what, the humor? or a joint the size of your arm?

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Da joint mon. Humor is timeless. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Rage Against The Machine - Live at the Olympic Grand Auditorium (been wanting this for awhile...well worth the wait! WOW!)
    Neil Young - Homegrown

Pre-Orders: 
    Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters (purple lp)
    Elliott Smith - Self Titled reissue (deluxe---can't wait for this one!)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    One album cost 20 dollars. The rest between 0.5-1 dollar. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    The Long Run sounds very good on vinyl.  You should be pleased with it. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    One album cost 20 dollars. The rest between 0.5-1 dollar. 

Ya gon get Rick Rolled yo!
    mrussel1 said:

Surprised it only cost 1 dollar.... every hardrock album they have they sell for 20-25 dollars. But I guess Sabbath, Iron Maiden, KISS etc sell whatever price they are listed at. 

The Agnetha Fältskog (of ABBA fame) album I bought for 1 dollar because I just happened to see it selling for 15-20 dollars used on swedish "ebay"... so became curious in it. 

The Ace Frehley album is a radio promo, and yes a re-relase is coming for record store day in the fall but that one is split up on two records (45 rpm release) and I bet will cost 30-40 dollars... and the hassle of changing records...

The Bruce Springsteen Maxi single I bought as a gift for a friend. He's a Bruce fan so I figure there is a bigger chance he doesn't have this, than the albums.

They did have Wrecking Ball used... was close to picking that up for myself. But 30 dollars for it used was a bit much.

Rick Astley cost 0.1 dollar.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:

Surprised it only cost 1 dollar.... every hardrock album they have they sell for 20-25 dollars. But I guess Sabbath, Iron Maiden, KISS etc sell whatever price they are listed at. 

The Agnetha Fältskog (of ABBA fame) album I bought for 1 dollar because I just happened to see it selling for 15-20 dollars used on swedish "ebay"... so became curious in it. 

The Ace Frehley album is a radio promo, and yes a re-relase is coming for record store day in the fall but that one is split up on two records (45 rpm release) and I bet will cost 30-40 dollars... and the hassle of changing records...

The Bruce Springsteen Maxi single I bought as a gift for a friend. He's a Bruce fan so I figure there is a bigger chance he doesn't have this, than the albums.

They did have Wrecking Ball used... was close to picking that up for myself. But 30 dollars for it used was a bit much.

Rick Astley cost 0.1 dollar.

.1 dollar? That's 10 cents!  

30 bucks for used Wrecking Ball is too much.  There are a million copies of Long Run out there,  so I'm sure that's why it's so cheap.  Good record though. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Mmm... I love a delivery from acoustic sounds. Both from analog masters. 

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    DC29940 said:

Finally completed my Jason Isbell and Strokes studio album collections. 
    I haven’t listened to Comedown Machine since it initially came out.  I remember enjoying it.  I’ve always enjoyed the Strokes.
    It has never been my favorite Strokes album, but it was a lot better than I remember.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Wasn’t even sure if I was gonna get this one or not.  Neil is probably my number one favorite artist.  This album is about on level with American Stars and Bars and shares some of the tracks.  The stand out for me is the Version of White Line.  It is just very compelling and really draws me in.  I would say that as far as audio quality goes this can’t really be topped, very warm and rounded you can definitely hear everything very warm and clear.   Worth it if you are a Neil fan and collector or if you like great sounding vinyl pressings.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Sidebar:  does anyone have the recent 2018 repress of Bruce Springsteen greatest hits?  Thinking about adding that one to the collection as a good album to just put on and not have to dig through all of my Springsteen albums to pick and choose tracks.  I always enjoyed that album on cd in the 90’s
    Scio me nihil scire

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    static111 said:
    Sidebar:  does anyone have the recent 2018 repress of Bruce Springsteen greatest hits?  Thinking about adding that one to the collection as a good album to just put on and not have to dig through all of my Springsteen albums to pick and choose tracks.  I always enjoyed that album on cd in the 90’s
    Ive got it.  It sounds good.  No issues. No skips, quiet, No static (no pun intended). 
    static111 said:
    Ive got it.  It sounds good.  No issues. No skips, quiet, No static (no pun intended). 
    Lol.  Thanks.  Probably will pick it up soon. It doesn’t have a lot of my favorite songs on it, but it is definitely the easiest album of his to listen to front to back.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Lol.  Thanks.  Probably will pick it up soon. It doesn’t have a lot of my favorite songs on it, but it is definitely the easiest album of his to listen to front to back.
    Really?  Man I can breeze through so many of his records without missing a beat.  I think this one is good, but I don't think it compares to any of the ones in the released during the golden years (Harvest, Goldrush, Nowhere, On the Beach.. and possibly... Tonight).  I actually enjoy Hitchhiker more as well, although I know that's not quite a fair comparison. 
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Really?  Man I can breeze through so many of his records without missing a beat.  I think this one is good, but I don't think it compares to any of the ones in the released during the golden years (Harvest, Goldrush, Nowhere, On the Beach.. and possibly... Tonight).  I actually enjoy Hitchhiker more as well, although I know that's not quite a fair comparison. 
    I was responding to a reply about The vinyl quality of Springsteen’s greatest hits.  Lol. Yeah homegrown < hitchhiker for sure. My actual response to homegrown is like 4 posts back
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I was responding to a reply about The vinyl quality of Springsteen’s greatest hits.  Lol. Yeah homegrown < hitchhiker for sure. My actual response to homegrown is like 4 posts back
    Ah sorry.  Now I see.  

FTR I concur. I have the red repress from RSD for Springsteen.  It's good for sure.  I have almost all of the Bellman reissues over the past several years, and the greatest hits is in line quality wise.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Yeah my favorite Bruce songs arent on there but you’re right, its a very easy listen. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596

Finally- a great George Jones collection to add to my country LPs:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Arrived today..... Black Sabbath opens the set. Played a portion to check sound. Record sounds good. Whoever may be interested, I'd say go for it....

mickeyrat said:
    Arrived today..... Black Sabbath opens the set. Played a portion to check sound. Record sounds good. Whoever may be interested, I'd say go for it....

You're on a big Sabbath kick.
    are you talking about this album? 

are you talking about this album? 

Yes