Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

Comments

• JackD.JackD. Posts: 480
    Any day now... 
    Is this hope, a guess or based on something you have heard?
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    JackD. said:
    Any day now... 
    Sorry, it’s just hope. Hoping to get some news soon. 
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    On the PJ website where the shows say “postponed, new date TBD” there is no longer a reference to the London show at all (previously it had said “cancelled” but still listed it).  This could mean absolutely nothing but maybe they are getting ready for a real update.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Our flight from Budapest to Zurich flight has just been cancelled with Swiss Air but there is no refund option! What sort of joke operation are Swiss Air? Other Swiss Air flights moved by >4 hours and no refund option either.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Froggie said:
    Our flight from Budapest to Zurich flight has just been cancelled with Swiss Air but there is no refund option! What sort of joke operation are Swiss Air? Other Swiss Air flights moved by >4 hours and no refund option either.
    What time flight where you on @Froggie
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    @Froggie On the Swiss Website they offer refunds for cancelled flights - you can request them through the form found here: https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/customer-support/refund (at the bottom of the page after they repeatedly try to sell you the voucher-option).
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    JackD. said:
    Any day now... 
    We really could do with some good news...
    JABK said:
    JackD. said:
    Any day now... 
    Something with a little more hope: The guy who knows stuff about Rock Werchter in the eFestivals - Forum has hinted that some news about Rock Werchter are coming soon. (https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233827-rock-werchter-2021/page/15/) Given that the last PJ tour announcements have always coincided with Rock Werchter announcing their headliners, there might be a chance for some news this week.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    I‘m on the 9:40 flight, no news for that yet. 
    My main problem is that I couldn’t get excited even with new tour dates. I‘d still be anxious until spring next year at least 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    JPPJ84 said:
    My main problem is that I couldn’t get excited even with new tour dates. I‘d still be anxious until spring next year at least.

For sure.   I could see moving shows to half full soccer stadiums in Europe.  Those may have a better chance of happening.    I would love to get the Euro rescheduled dates though to start planning the trip even if it is six months before I book anything.  Something exciting to do at least even if it doesn't come to fruition. 

• FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    one_stone said:
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    @Froggie On the Swiss Website they offer refunds for cancelled flights - you can request them through the form found here: https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/customer-support/refund (at the bottom of the page after they repeatedly try to sell you the voucher-option).
    Thank you. We've had had no luck in dealing with Swiss Air up to now or the hotel in Zurich. It's very frustrating and we have a lot of money tied up in a trip we won't be going on. The Swiss Air flight cancelled is the 19.50 from Budapest to Zurich on 16 July 2020 @PJNB
    Froggie said:
    one_stone said:
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    Thank you. We've had had no luck in dealing with Swiss Air up to now or the hotel in Zurich. It's very frustrating and we have a lot of money tied up in a trip we won't be going on. The Swiss Air flight cancelled is the 19.50 from Budapest to Zurich on 16 July 2020 @PJNB
    Thanks for the update. Looks like there is only 1 flight now and it is at 10:15am. Can anyone confirm that that flight is the 9:40am flight? I do not have access to the emails until my wife comes home from work tonight and I am curious. 
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    one_stone said:
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    Thanks for the update. Looks like there is only 1 flight now and it is at 10:15am. Can anyone confirm that that flight is the 9:40am flight? I do not have access to the emails until my wife comes home from work tonight and I am curious. 
    Yes, the 9:40 flight is scheduled for 10:15. Forgot about that
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    one_stone said:
    PJNB said:
    Froggie said:
    Yes, the 9:40 flight is scheduled for 10:15. Forgot about that
    So are you thinking no refund option for that one yet?

• If your Swiss Air flight is cancelled you can definitely request a refund, it there in the options they just don't make it very obvious. My flight out of Zurich (to Milan) has been cancelled but still hoping for the Bud>Zur to be cancelled too - fingers crossed that happens in the next few days. 
  • I am also on the 10:15am flight, no refund option for that until they cancel it.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    JPPJ84 said:
    My main problem is that I couldn’t get excited even with new tour dates. I‘d still be anxious until spring next year at least.

For sure.   I could see moving shows to half full soccer stadiums in Europe.  Those may have a better chance of happening.    I would love to get the Euro rescheduled dates though to start planning the trip even if it is six months before I book anything.  Something exciting to do at least even if it doesn't come to fruition. 

that would mean it's still not real safe to travel, so i can't see pj doing that.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    ComeToTX said:
    JPPJ84 said:

that would mean it's still not real safe to travel, so i can't see pj doing that.
    Perhaps.  There could be a period of time where travel is allowed but large gatherings at arenas may still be disallowed in an abundance of caution.  Kinda like football in the USA potentially coming back at 50% capacity.   
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    ComeToTX said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Perhaps.  There could be a period of time where travel is allowed but large gatherings at arenas may still be disallowed in an abundance of caution.  Kinda like football in the USA potentially coming back at 50% capacity.   
    For sure travel will be allowed before large gatherings.  Some travel is already coming back on stream.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    Was anyone else on the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Budapest on July 15th (or any Ryanair flight)? The sneaky bastards have only cancelled my return flights, not outbound, so I can only claim half of the fares back.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    Was anyone else on the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Budapest on July 15th (or any Ryanair flight)? The sneaky bastards have only cancelled my return flights, not outbound, so I can only claim half of the fares back.
    I just had a look at the app and it looks like the status of the flights has changed. Like you, to Budapest and both Vienna flights are back on. Surely they cannot do this after they had previously cancelled all flights and promiced refunds?
    one_stone said:
    JABK said:
    JackD. said:
    Any day now... 
    Something with a little more hope: The guy who knows stuff about Rock Werchter in the eFestivals - Forum has hinted that some news about Rock Werchter are coming soon. (https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233827-rock-werchter-2021/page/15/) Given that the last PJ tour announcements have always coincided with Rock Werchter announcing their headliners, there might be a chance for some news this week.
    Last chance tomorrow I guess. If not - after that? I have no idea when.
  • timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    RideRick said:
    Froggie said:

Thanks for the update, I have two flights booked with Swiss Air. Even if PJ don't return to Zurich looks like we'll be going either way as the hotel is also non-refundable. I'm sure Zurich is a cool city to visit.
    Don't know what you will describe as cool but this is one cool picture of Zürich.

Onze hotels in Zrich Zwitserland  Radisson Hotels
    I have been in Zurich for six weeks now having been a victim of labor issues from C19. Joined my wife who is working here and I am not keen to go back to London just yet:) you'll have a great time, lots to see and explore. 
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
    JackD. said:
    one_stone said:
    JABK said:
    JackD. said:
    Any day now... 
    Given that RW2020 would have taken place this week(end) it would make sense... but somewhere else in the thread it was also mentioned, an announcement (of RW2021) could be related to the "right mood" in Belgium (in relation to how strong the COVID impact currently is in the country)
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    one_stone said:
    JABK said:
    JackD. said:
    Any day now... 
    Given that RW2020 would have taken place this week(end) it would make sense... but somewhere else in the thread it was also mentioned, an announcement (of RW2021) could be related to the "right mood" in Belgium (in relation to how strong the COVID impact currently is in the country)
    Pearl Jam would have played today, so an announcement today would have made sense.
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    I am pretty sure we will have no info until December.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
    I am pretty sure we will have no info until December.
    I‘m pretty sure, that‘s not possible because there is no refund option yet.
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    As regards concerts in Europe - for example in Poland a new regulations were implemented lately and concerts are going to be open soon. However a stadium that has capacity of approx 70k will be allowed to accept some 14k. There are strict rules on masks / personal distance etc. Interesting if anyone will decide to organize such a concert / if it will be financially free feasible 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    edited July 2020
    LollaParis offered a refund today. Their e-mail stated good news #1 is PJ confirmed (which we knew) and they are working on good news #2 (I hope they get Eilish back, too). I got my airfare but not hotel refunded. I think I'll kept the tickets and see line-up and new flight prices. I took a hit postponing a cruise as far as airfare went.... anyhow.... we'll see. If Eilish doesn't confirm it might be back to the drawing board as far as seeing PJ play Giga goes. Unless I throw in Venice to sweeten the trip, lol... Up in the air...
This discussion has been closed.