PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah, but you own your place so that's easier to do and makes sense.

September's the best month.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Totally agree about September. There was one place in particular in Strathmere I was looking at that is dog friendly and right on the beach, views of everything.... but it's not available until later in the month. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Totally agree about September. There was one place in particular in Strathmere I was looking at that is dog friendly and right on the beach, views of everything.... but it's not available until later in the month. 

Strathmere's great. Talk about less people, too.
    Yeah I've always been a Sea Isle guy. Haven't been there in quite a while though but it really is a whole lot different than just a decade ago. There's just way too much growth there.

So if I'm going back it's either Strathmere, the first few blocks of Sea Isle where its only Ocean Drive and no other streets, or all the way south in TI. Like 93rd Street ish. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Strathmere very much has an OBX vibe to it.
    Until things inevitably shut down - free look at the Phils at FDR, pretty cool:
    https://theathletic.com/1902370/2020/06/30/phillies-training-camp-preparations/
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    The risk of giving that I'm old man, I saw Dick Allen play at Connie Mack Stadium when I was a kid.

Is he HOF worthy?

https://youtu.be/PLYhiWOLtLU
    I think he should be. 

Who is Tyson Brummett?
    So Nola showed up today. That's good I guess....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I think he should be. 

Who is Tyson Brummett?
    A pitcher for the Phills who apparently only pitched in one MLB game back in 2012.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    If jay bruce goes missing for 2 weeks, I know how it happened. Lol
    I still can't imagine that this will all work but it just dawned on me that we're just a few weeks away from Sixers and Phillies games being on every night. After the last five months just having live sports other than golf on tv is going to be so fucking weird.

Wonder what show I should try and binge before now and then...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I still can't imagine that this will all work but it just dawned on me that we're just a few weeks away from Sixers and Phillies games being on every night. After the last five months just having live sports other than golf on tv is going to be so fucking weird.

Yanks-Nats in 10 days. All I want is that one game 

Yanks-Nats in 10 days. All I want is that one game 
    Kinda think baseball will be cool with no fans. Will sound like a Legion game or something
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    If they let us hear the players and what they have for chatter this could be very interesting, for as long as they get to play.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    If they let us hear the players and what they have for chatter this could be very interesting, for as long as they get to play.  
    Yeah I think so too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2020
    I love the sounds of all levels of baseball. Sounds of summer.  I think it will be really cool if they do it well and let you hear what is happening on the field and all, but I don't have much confidence in MLB doing it right.  Hopefully Jomboy can do his thing.

Thinking about taking the 24th off.  Making an evening out of it with some buddies from back home on Zoom.

4 straight games of Phils and Yanks that first full week of the season.  Looks like Cole would be set up to start the Yanks home opener against the Phillies.

Gotta figure we get that far at least at this point
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I think I speak for most...fuck the yankees
    Great. I just read that the Phillies will be pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium/tv broadcast. 

What the fuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    They're all going to pump in fake crowd noise. Soccer leagues in Europe are doing it. Bogus.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Great. I just read that the Phillies will be pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium/tv broadcast. 

What the fuck
    Lame as fuck. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Take away what could be the best part about this no fans scenario.
    That stinks.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yeah, I meant to mention this might be a thing. Saw this the other day.  Seems like just white noise to drown out what the players are saying.

I kinda get the point of pumping in noise. I think Girardi made a good point about if there's no noise all of a sudden the hitter can hear where the catcher's setting up, etc etc.

I feel for anyone with kids in school from kindergarten to, like, 4th or 5th grade. Over that age I think it's easier to digest from a developmental standpoint for kids to learn virtually. Good thing we prioritized plans for restaurants and bars over education.
    edited July 2020
    I kinda get the point of pumping in noise. I think Girardi made a good point about if there's no noise all of a sudden the hitter can hear where the catcher's setting up, etc etc.

I feel for anyone with kids in school from kindergarten to, like, 4th or 5th grade. Over that age I think it's easier to digest from a developmental standpoint for kids to learn virtually. Good thing we prioritized plans for restaurants and bars over education.
    Yeah, they need to get young kids in school in some way, especially young kids with developmental issues. Whether it is a rotation or what.  But yeah, good thing they are concentrating on closing down Passyunk.

I would like to hear the sounds of an MLB game.  I don't think the crowd noise will be that distracting on TV though, at least after a few games.

This is also devastating to new years day plans, potentially our last in the city.  This sucks.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Passyunk got cancelled like right after they announced it, because no one can do anything "right".

I really do not try to be a pessimist on any of this stuff, just a realist. But seriously - it's gonna get way worse in another month or so.

Just give me one game on the damn moon devoid of sound if need be and I'll be perfectly content.
    Yeah, I meant to mention this might be a thing. Saw this the other day.  Seems like just white noise to drown out what the players are saying.

I detest everything about this idea. 

Hopefully basketball doesn't do that too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Oooooh, the hitter can hear where the catcher's setting up! Big fucking deal.

There are parks that are close to empty during a regular season anyway. 

Fake crowd noise is lame as hell. 
    chinese-happy.jpg