PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Ugh, west coast time. I don’t think I’m gonna make it. Sounds like they may just be doing one song from the new album? Will this be available later on?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Amazon Music on Twitch. Yeah, I know.
    But you can cast it to your tv if you have a Chromecast (or Fire stick I'm assuming).

And Sleater Kinney is not Sleayer Kinney without Janet, if ya ask me.
    Ugh, west coast time. I don’t think I’m gonna make it. Sounds like they may just be doing one song from the new album? Will this be available later on?
    Yeah I think it's gonna be on demand via Prime at some point.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Fuck this
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2020
    Get with the times, old man!

But honestly you're just gonna miss one shitty song which will probably be the Greta Thunberg song. Ya see, I dont even know the name of it anymore!
    I was hoping for Seven

Still can’t believe this album came out when it did, thus depriving us of any live versions of these songs
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I was hoping for Seven

Still can’t believe this album came out when it did, thus depriving us of any live versions of these songs
    I know playing some virtual bullshit isn't worth their time in money form, but not gonna lie - pretty disappointed at them really not making much effort to do so since March.

Oh here we go....
    Fuck. And yes.
    Also reminds me it feels like decades since this song came out.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I thought it was cool. Kind of trippy.  Was mike in it?  I know dude in hat was dude who used to be rhcp 
    Well that was fucking awesome. 

We’re those Ed’s kids dancing?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And is that hat per mantle atop his head nowadays?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Yes and end was Jill.  Was cool but now makes me want shows but gonna be a long time for that. Wish they do an online one
    pjhawks said:

Yes and end was Jill.  Was cool but now makes me want shows but gonna be a long time for that. Wish they do an online one
    Yeah 2nd time through I noticed Jill

God damn it you’re right. They gotta do an online show. Other bands are
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,707
    I dug it especially Mike's face/body paint. He should wear that on tour
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Like I said,  just do a fucking Zoom show or some shit. We'd probably even fucking PAY for it. Again, it's a travesty that like every other band has done plenty of shit at this point and they're sitting on their hands.

I gotta think they push their entire tour back to start off to like June 2021 at best. Here's to a vaccine...(drinks 6th Tree House of the night)

Like I said,  just do a fucking Zoom show or some shit. We'd probably even fucking PAY for it. Again, it's a travesty that like every other band has done plenty of shit at this point and they're sitting on their hands.

I gotta think they push their entire tour back to start off to like June 2021 at best. Here's to a vaccine...(drinks 6th Tree House of the night)

Oh boy. What kind of Tree House you got?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Currently in the fridge is Green, Cachet, Juice Machine, Julius, and Eureka - might be a problem that I'm drinking these during work since what hell ya know?

Currently in the fridge is Green, Cachet, Juice Machine, Julius, and Eureka - might be a problem that I'm drinking these during work since what hell ya know?
    Fantastic!

Did you get these locally or order online? Alter Ego is damn good too
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Good stuff. Enjoyed it. Glad I didn't power through last night.  Was beat

Fantastic!

Seems like all their beers are some deviation of Green/Haze/Julius NEIPAs or DIPAs. Everything of theirs is so good.

We went up to New Hampshire last week and hit up the brewery on the to/from since it was basically on the way, so we had a shit ton of it up there camping as well. Their brewery/property is gorgeous, at least from the outside (goddamn Covid).
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Good stuff. Enjoyed it. Glad I didn't power through last night.  Was beat
    Yeah I will watch tonight at my own time.  Sucks that 10-11 is late but rolling out of the rack at 500-530 is a must to get done what I want to get done in the AM

Cancelled the NYC Marathon.  (November)
    Gotta imagine Philly is next.  

Fucking goddamn fucking virus.

I hope we get at least a month of ball before they cancel 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yeah for real just give me one week of sportsball and I'll feel good.
    I want 1 Gerrit Cole start.  1.

Fantastic!

Seems like all their beers are some deviation of Green/Haze/Julius NEIPAs or DIPAs. Everything of theirs is so good.

We went up to New Hampshire last week and hit up the brewery on the to/from since it was basically on the way, so we had a shit ton of it up there camping as well. Their brewery/property is gorgeous, at least from the outside (goddamn Covid).
    Nice. My buddy went up there last year and brought me back a bunch. Said the same thing about their property.

Curious about your trip with the virus as we're thinking of something to do. We were going to Cabo in March, then pushed it back to September, and are now able to push it back to the end of '21 luckily. So we're wanting to still use that 2020 vacation money.

Did you rent a house? VRBO or something? Hotel? Did they give you some kind of Covid Cleano Guarantee?! I'm trying to convince the wife to at least go down the shore or something around Labor Day but she's pretty hesitant hesitant. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2020

Fantastic!

Nice. My buddy went up there last year and brought me back a bunch. Said the same thing about their property.

Curious about your trip with the virus as we're thinking of something to do. We were going to Cabo in March, then pushed it back to September, and are now able to push it back to the end of '21 luckily. So we're wanting to still use that 2020 vacation money.

Did you rent a house? VRBO or something? Hotel? Did they give you some kind of Covid Cleano Guarantee?! I'm trying to convince the wife to at least go down the shore or something around Labor Day but she's pretty hesitant hesitant. 
    All good questions, and I'd say part of the answers would come down to what you're comfortable with and/or if you or your wife/family are immunocompromised.

We went tent camping, which is probably one of the lowest risk things you can do. So if you're camping people I'd do that all the time. Personally, I would not do a hotel/shared living spaces unless absolutely necessary. I'd be open to an Airbnb or VRBO if I had some communication with the owner about what precautions they've taken, done to clean, when the last time tenants were in there, etc.

As for the shore on Labor Day, my personal opinion would be if you're gonna wait till then then I'd just go some time in mid-to-late September since the weather is the same with less people.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on

Fantastic!

All good questions, and I'd say part of the answers would come down to what you're comfortable with and/or if you or your wife/family are immunocompromised.

We went tent camping, which is probably one of the lowest risk things you can do. So if you're camping people I'd do that all the time. Personally, I would not do a hotel/shared living spaces unless absolutely necessary. I'd be open to an Airbnb or VRBO if I had some communication with the owner about what precautions they've taken, done to clean, when the last time tenants were in there, etc.

As for the shore on Labor Day, my personal opinion would be if you're gonna wait till then then I'd just go some time in mid-to-late September since the weather is the same with less people.
    Yeah it would be that week of Labor Day. Usually empties out after the weekend. Would like to go later but her pto time is kind of set in stone. 

Thanks dude. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We've been at the shore a ton, working from here, but none of the busy beaches.  It's been pretty much the same as being home, just in a different location with a lot less people wearing masks in public.

We're doing the outer banks in a couple weeks.  The rental company sent an overview of their cleaning procedures and all.  Hopefully they follow them.

Doing a full vacation week at the shore the week after labor day probably.  I really like September down here.