Donald Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    What is crazy is how the WH people are trying to cover for him.  Fauci testified today that they had not been asked by Trump to slow down testing but that doesn't change the fact that the idiot said it.  And we should all be concerned that he would say such a thing...and even more concerned that he is lying about it.  Why?  How stupid....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Kat said:
    if someone is on the verge of drowning and you prevent someone from throwing them a way to stay afloat, like with a life preserver or something, does that make you a murderer?
    Reminds me of the Good Samaritan law on Seinfeld.     I would agree. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I will say this though about the media.  I think they clearly have twisted Trump's words on the testing comments lately.  I think it is clear that Trump is saying the US has more cases because we test more and that when he says if we didn't test we would have less reported cases.  He is all about comparing to other countries.  The media and late night comedians are disingenuous in claiming Trump thinks if we didn't test than there would be no cases.  

I can't stand Trump but the media should do better.   When they twist words to fit their narrative it just gives the right more to be angry about.

he clearly stated, and i watched the entire clip, that he wanted the testing to be slowed down so the numbers would go down. slowed testing=more deaths. that isn't leftist propaganda. that's a direct contextual quote and it's fucking disgusting. 
    He definitely said this at the rally.  I was referring to a clip I saw where someone implied Trump said that no cases would exist if there wasn't testing.  We all agree he wants to slow down tests so there aren't as many reported cases for  re-election campaign reasons.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Kat said:
    if someone is on the verge of drowning and you prevent someone from throwing them a way to stay afloat, like with a life preserver or something, does that make you a murderer?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

I will say this though about the media.  I think they clearly have twisted Trump's words on the testing comments lately.  I think it is clear that Trump is saying the US has more cases because we test more and that when he says if we didn't test we would have less reported cases.  He is all about comparing to other countries.  The media and late night comedians are disingenuous in claiming Trump thinks if we didn't test than there would be no cases.  

I can't stand Trump but the media should do better.   When they twist words to fit their narrative it just gives the right more to be angry about.

he clearly stated, and i watched the entire clip, that he wanted the testing to be slowed down so the numbers would go down. slowed testing=more deaths. that isn't leftist propaganda. that's a direct contextual quote and it's fucking disgusting. 
    He definitely said this at the rally.  I was referring to a clip I saw where someone implied Trump said that no cases would exist if there wasn't testing.  We all agree he wants to slow down tests so there aren't as many reported cases for  re-election campaign reasons.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/weijia/status/1275422015059615750
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Kat said:
    How about if the American people were in danger from a killer virus and you tried to prevent them from easily getting a test for a diagnosis so they could get treatment and maybe not infect others who might also die, by walking around in public? Is that similar?

Kinda like with starting wars...kill one person and you're a murderer; kill thousands and you're a leader.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

gotcha
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Kat said:
    How about if the American people were in danger from a killer virus and you tried to prevent them from easily getting a test for a diagnosis so they could get treatment and maybe not infect others who might also die, by walking around in public? Is that similar?
    What if eventually there is a vaccine available for the killer virus and 'someone' tried to prevent them from access to a safe, accessible, low cost vaccine?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2020
    Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was that person in an interview on MSNBC....

Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a cons
    equential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was that person in an interview on MSNBC....

Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a cons
    equential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

I believe I watched this live and while his words are apt and important, his tone of voice and body language as he spoke them is what grabbed me. Here’s a guy who has built a career being a repub political operative and he was totally and utterly disgusted. It’s pretty dramatic and the scary thing was it was raw, real emotion. Anyone who cares should try to find the clip and share it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    Kat said:

The second button literally makes or breaks the shirt.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

I believe I watched this live and while his words are apt and important, his tone of voice and body language as he spoke them is what grabbed me. Here’s a guy who has built a career being a repub political operative and he was totally and utterly disgusted. It’s pretty dramatic and the scary thing was it was raw, real emotion. Anyone who cares should try to find the clip and share it.

That's how Schmidt has been speaking on MSNBC since trump descended down that magic escalator that improved all of our lives.

Too bad Schmidt didnt mention what really gives trump power - full compliance by the Senate GOP 

That's how Schmidt has been speaking on MSNBC since trump descended down that magic escalator that improved all of our lives.

Too bad Schmidt didnt mention what really gives trump power - full compliance by the Senate GOP 
    I thought he did allude to the "complicit senate" but I'm not sure. I was just struck how forceful in his disgust he was. But I guess you can't burn all of your bridges? But when are they, Senate repubs,  going to wake the fuck up? Mitchy Baby McConnell losing to an African American candidate would be icing on the cake of throwing Team Trump Treason's ass out onto the street to face indictments and prison time (my October surprise is that when it becomes obvious that Team Trump Treason is going to be trounced and thrown out of office and be indicted by SDNY, he resigns the office and is pardoned by Pence. Pence goes down on flames and Team Trump Treason blames him for running a shitty campaign with less than a month to go. Or putin on the ritz, having no further use for Team Trump Treason, releases the PTAPE in a final act of humiliation).
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    For the life of me I still cannot understand how tRump supporters can still support him after his own Sec of State, Sec of Def, Chief of Staff, and Nat Sec Advisor have come out against him.

Add in that the last two candidates that tRump supporters voted for (Romney and McCain) both came out against tRump.

Add in that the last GOP POTUS (Bush) has come out against tRump.

It makes no fucking sense.  We are in the Twilight Zone.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    And this Flynn shit today...unfuckingbelievable

One of the three judges appointed by Team Trump Treason.

Brilliantati©
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    For the life of me I still cannot understand how tRump supporters can still support him after his own Sec of State, Sec of Def, Chief of Staff, and Nat Sec Advisor have come out against him.

Add in that the last two candidates that tRump supporters voted for (Romney and McCain) both came out against tRump.

There's really only one explanation...it's a cult.  It just is.  There's nothing that can turn them.  Nothing. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    “Poland understands foreign extortion.” In case you were wondering.

Brilliantati©
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    falsehoods, revisionist history, and self-aggrandizement
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    OnWis97 said:

There's really only one explanation...it's a cult.  It just is.  There's nothing that can turn them.  Nothing. 

This!  The ultimate example of people being pig headed.

No, I take that back.  I worked with pigs for a while several years ago.  Pigs are actually quite a bit more intelligent than these people. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    OnWis97 said:

Yup - Cult 45.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1275940523082047489?s=21
    How he hasn’t tested positive for the virus is incredible lol everyone around him gets it not him 😂😂😂😂

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1275940523082047489?s=21
    How he hasn’t tested positive for the virus is incredible lol everyone around him gets it not him 😂😂😂😂

He would literally NEVER admit if he, his family or Pence got it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Unfuckingbelievable? I told you this would happen three years ago. #flynndication
    BS44325 said:
    Unfuckingbelievable? I told you this would happen three years ago. #flynndication
    Ah, yes. It's a great day for justice in America when you can lie to the FBI and admit so under oath in court multiple times and get off just because you happen to know the president. Law and Order (for everyone else but Trump and his associates)!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    Ah, yes. It's a great day for justice in America when you can lie to the FBI and admit so under oath in court multiple times and get off just because you happen to know the president. Law and Order (for everyone else but Trump and his associates)!

But if you were paying attention you would know there was no “lie”. Evidence was fabricated, a family member was threatened, and a plea was coaxed. Evidence released today continues to show that the initial prosecution was a complete travesty of justice. The truth has set Flynn free and nothing more. #defundthefbi
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

But if you were paying attention you would know there was no “lie”. Evidence was fabricated, a family member was threatened, and a plea was coaxed. Evidence released today continues to show that the initial prosecution was a complete travesty of justice. The truth has set Flynn free and nothing more. #defundthefbi
    Oh. Okay.

He lied to the fbi. Then he admitted so under oath. Multiple times.

If you, I, or anyone else other than an associate of Donald Trump did that, we'd be locked up for quite a while. We're moving toward an autocracy at a rapid pace. Luckily we'll put a stop to that in a few months though.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Oh. Okay.

If you, I, or anyone else other than an associate of Donald Trump did that, we'd be locked up for quite a while. We're moving toward an autocracy at a rapid pace. Luckily we'll put a stop to that in a few months though.

My god do I hope so. I mean, it seems like a no brainers but I will honestly remain very nervous about it until the orange soul eating fucktard is out of DC for good. Part of me thinks it'll be a decisive victory, but then I simply cannot accept it to be a foregone conclusion either.

Imagine the feeling you get if you woke up November 4th to find out that Biden lost the election. And we start the clock on 4 more years of...well...whatever the fuck the last 3½ years have been. Imagine that gut churning feeling.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited June 2020
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Oh. Okay.

My god do I hope so. I mean, it seems like a no brainers but I will honestly remain very nervous about it until the orange soul eating fucktard is out of DC for good. Part of me thinks it'll be a decisive victory, but then I simply cannot accept it to be a foregone conclusion either.

Imagine the feeling you get if you woke up November 4th to find out that Biden lost the election. And we start the clock on 4 more years of...well...whatever the fuck the last 3½ years have been. Imagine that gut churning feeling.
    We’ll be fine. 

At one point, people like BS thought this type of thing might galvanize the American public behind Trump but...yeah that ship has long since sailed. Laughable at this point. Thankfully something like this will just further reinforce, in the minds of a majority of Americans, how corrupt this president really is. 

This stuff probably helps Biden at this point as only the looney toon 30% of Trump’s base actually care/believe Flynn is innocent. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

lol, sure, and when it gets reversed, you'll go into one of your usual "shit isn't going my way" AMT vacations. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.