The Last Of Us 2 (Spoilers)

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    10/10 on IGN

Damn! Yeah I gotta pick this up. Though wait it out & maybe, just maybe pick it up with the PS5?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    demetrios said:
    10/10 on IGN

Damn! Yeah I gotta pick this up. Though wait it out & maybe, just maybe pick it up with the PS5?
    Im guessing it’ll still be the PS4 disk right?  I haven't heard if they're doing a PS5 release.  I know its backwards compatible though.  Get it now, my friend.  

• matt84matt84 Posts: 588
    Without a doubt it’ll be re-released for the PS5 just like the first one was remastered for the PS4.
  • kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    matt84 said:
    Without a doubt it’ll be re-released for the PS5 just like the first one was remastered for the PS4.
    Yeah that’s what I’m guessing.  I imagine it wouldn’t make much sense to announce it yet cause some people would probably wait instead of potentially double-dipping. Idk I’m definitely gonna get it next week, probably will end up getting at some point on PS5 if it releases there too.
    matt84 said:
    Yeah that’s what I’m guessing.  I imagine it wouldn’t make much sense to announce it yet cause some people would probably wait instead of potentially double-dipping. Idk I’m definitely gonna get it next week, probably will end up getting at some point on PS5 if it releases there too.
    You’re probably right. 
    demetrios said:
    10/10 on IGN

Im guessing it’ll still be the PS4 disk right?  I haven't heard if they're doing a PS5 release.  I know its backwards compatible though.  Get it now, my friend.  

Yeah will probably pick it up on the PS4. I own the first original game disc on the PS3. Digital download of the remaster on the PS4. 

• lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    edited June 2020
    Holy shit! I'm playing the beginning of the just released 'The Last of Us 2' and there's a scene where Joel is playing a song to Ellie. It's fucking 'Future Days'!

I'm sorry but that shit caught me off guard. Pleasantly so.

Maybe this is a well-known thing around here but I hadn't heard or seen a thing that a Pearl Jam song would be making an appearance.
    Post edited by lastexit on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,265
    lastexit said:
    Holy shit! I'm playing the beginning of the just released 'The Last of Us 2' and there's a scene where Joel is playing a song to Ellie. It's fucking 'Future Days'!

I'm sorry but that shit caught me off guard. Pleasantly so.

Maybe this is a well-known thing around here but I hadn't heard or seen a thing that a Pearl Jam song would be making an appearance.
    They performed it in the live action version in 2014 but only for the people in the audience. The livestream viewers couldn't watch
    I miss igotid88
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    I just played an hour before I went to bed.   I saw the post on these forums the other day so I knew it was coming.  Would of loved to have been surprised by it :)
    igotid88 said:
    I see. Figured I might be late to the info. It still was pretty fucking awesome. That was my wedding song. Thanks.
    edited June 2020
    Zod said:
    I just played an hour before I went to bed.   I saw the post on these forums the other day so I knew it was coming.  Would of loved to have been surprised by it :)
    Lol, I was, completely. My wife had just started to fall asleep and I ran in the room saying "Holy shit! Listen to this, it's our wedding song!".

She said "Mmm, hmmm" and proceeded to not give any fucks. 🙂🤷🏻‍♂️
  • I had no idea it was in there either. That was a great surprise. I can't wait to show my wife, glad that part is in the very beginning. 
    2013-OKC
    2014-Memphis
    2018-Wrigley (Night 1)
    2022-Las Vegas
    2022-St Louis
    Wonder if the PJ version appears.  End Credits maybe?
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,925
    PLEASE delete this shit , i didnt know about this and its a fuckin SPOILER for us PJ fans...goddamn
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,925
    PLEASE delete this shit , i didnt know about this and its a fuckin SPOILER for us PJ fans...goddamn
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 910
    Its hardly a spoiler
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    That’s cool that you saw it spontaneously.  I love those moments.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    just_one said:
    lol
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    edited June 2020
    Merging this with the existing thread. Subject title changed.
    P.S. A good way to avoid spoilers is to not click on the thread. Please see the Posting Guidelines, especially #1.

Thank you
    Post edited by Sea on
    It's not a spoiler. He's been wanting to put this song in for years
    I miss igotid88
  • kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    It’s a mild spoiler in my opinion, but that’s the nature of the beast with the internet. It is Pearl Jam news so its definitely appropriate for the forum though. Shouldn’t be any issues with the new thread title tho.
    I miss igotid88