so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    had a sausage and peppers sandwich tonight from SLC’s best cheesesteak place. it was delicious!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Wobbie said:
    SLC’s best cheesesteak place. 
    Subway?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Ima telling you, poncier, moochie’s is some good shit!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2020
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    I've gotta settle for Jersey Mike's up this way. Better than D'Angelo at least.
    We don't do cheesesteaks here, we do steak and cheese. Subtle difference. And don't go to a chain for a good one.
    If you ever find yourself in beautiful Revere, try one at Dimino's in Beachmont.
    Thanks. I do wind up in Revere from time to time. 
    Tony Lena's used to make a good one (I think Salem location). They may have closed down now, but was solid.
    We have a Tony Lena’s in my town, I think. 
    I just asked my old neighbor and he said they still have a shop in Swampscott. They had some pretty good other subs as well
    Chicken Bomb (cheese, pepperoni, ham, salami, onions, peppers and mushrooms) from Tony Lena’s. 

Pretty damn good!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    We don't do cheesesteaks here, we do steak and cheese. Subtle difference. And don't go to a chain for a good one.
    If you ever find yourself in beautiful Revere, try one at Dimino's in Beachmont.
    Tony Lena's used to make a good one (I think Salem location). They may have closed down now, but was solid.
    I just asked my old neighbor and he said they still have a shop in Swampscott. They had some pretty good other subs as well
    Chicken Bomb (cheese, pepperoni, ham, salami, onions, peppers and mushrooms) from Tony Lena’s. 

Pretty damn good!
    That is going to be awesome coming out in a few hours.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

Pretty damn good!

Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

Pretty damn good!

I'll text you guys the TikTok.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    #upperdecker!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

@dankind everything come out ok?  Just checking in.  You want me to bring you a case of tp?
    mcgruff10 said:
    @dankind everything come out ok?  Just checking in.  You want me to bring you a case of tp?
    Not yet. I’ll keep you posted, though. I know you’re real concerned, buddy. 

They have a steak version, too, but that just seemed obscene. Went with chicken. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    That would taste great but I'm guessing my body would hit the eject button in less than 20 mins, never mind a few hours.  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    @dankind you ok bud?  Haven’t heard from you.  Still sitting on the bowl?

Steak cheese and onion for lunch today 
    I'm fine, everybody.

Poncier, you're sandwich reminds me that old Dominic's spot near the old Combat Zone. Used to be a great place to fuel up before or after shows in that area. Pour one out for Dominic's. And the Combat Zone.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Girlfriend was craving a hoagie tonight and some friends recommended Del Rossi’s. I got bacon on my cheesesteak because their was a glitch on the online ordering app that made you select an extra topping. I actually liked the bacon quite a bit and might be getting it more often now. Solid cheesesteak overall. 

Bacon makes everything better.
    dankind said:
    I'm fine, everybody.

Poncier, you're sandwich reminds me that old Dominic's spot near the old Combat Zone. Used to be a great place to fuel up before or after shows in that area. Pour one out for Dominic's. And the Combat Zone.

"Shows" in that area?
    Like: Rug shows, Peep shows, Shower shows?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    RiotZact said:
    Girlfriend was craving a hoagie tonight and some friends recommended Del Rossi’s. I got bacon on my cheesesteak because their was a glitch on the online ordering app that made you select an extra topping. I actually liked the bacon quite a bit and might be getting it more often now. Solid cheesesteak overall. 

That looks damn good. 

How many cheesesteaks a week do you consume?!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

That looks damn good. 

Haha about one a week since I’ve moved back to Philly. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

That looks damn good. 

Haha about one a week since I’ve moved back to Philly. 
    You’re doing god’s work! Keep it up 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I haven't had a true cheesesteak since the goddamn pandemic began.  Made a few variations but the bread has been most wrong.  
    Only food items I did not cook myself has been a single time ordering pizza half cooked and finishing in my oven 

Ready for them to announce they have figured this frigging thing out so people can stop dying and we can get a few of the cheesesteak sammies shown in this thread.
    edited June 2020
    Okay, so 2 this week 😂. The daily special at Poe’s looked too good to resist. Get ready for this description: shaved ribeye, Cooper sharp cheese, onions, scallions and..... “long hot mayo”. Damn it was good. Mine pictured has no onion or scallions.

Post edited by RiotZact on
    RiotZact said:
    Okay, so 2 this week 😂. The daily special at Poe’s looked too good to resist. Get ready for this description: shaved ribeye, Cooper sharp cheese, onions, scallions and..... “long hot mayo”. Damn it was good. Mine pictured has no onion or scallions.

BBQ place near me makes something similar. Their ribeye is smoked though. 

This looks real good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

BBQ place near me makes something similar. Their ribeye is smoked though. 

This looks real good. 
    Wow smoked ribeye sounds interesting. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited June 2020
    I’d rub long hot mayo all over my body 
    TMI Cliffy.
    Poncier said:
    TMI Cliffy.
    What is he offers to rub on someone else's body?  :lol:
    Poncier said:
    TMI Cliffy.
    Oops
    Poncier said:
    TMI Cliffy.
    What is he offers to rub on someone else's body?  :lol:
    While my wife likes spicy food as much as I, we don’t see eye to eye on this hahaha. Myself it is 
    I’d rub long hot mayo all over my body 
    I puke at the sight of mayo.  Can’t do it. That stuff should be illegal.  Zero reason for mayo. The fact that I typed mayo so many times makes my stomach uneasy.