Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    That’s what I was thinking. California’s starting to slowly open back up, so I’m sure they are waiting to see what happens going forward. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    That’s what I was thinking. California’s starting to slowly open back up, so I’m sure they are waiting to see what happens going forward. 
    But there is no way there is going to be a festival here in fall. Ticket industry newsletter recently stated nothing predicted in concerts until late spring maybe next year
    But there is no way there is going to be a festival here in fall. Ticket industry newsletter recently stated nothing predicted in concerts until late spring maybe next year
    I completely agree with you and I have a bad feeling that when things open back up and cases and deaths rise, that will be pushed back again too. I hope not but with the complete incompetence at the federal level and the fuck it attitude that people are developing, it’s still going to get worse before it ever gets better. 
    I completely agree with you and I have a bad feeling that when things open back up and cases and deaths rise, that will be pushed back again too. I hope not but with the complete incompetence at the federal level and the fuck it attitude that people are developing, it’s still going to get worse before it ever gets better. 
    And sadly I completely agree with you... theater, concerts, the arts are going to be hit the hardest. Horrible
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    Governor Newsom reiterated today that he did not expect there will be any events held in California with large crowds until there is immunity or a vaccine. In the music industry, people are now expecting mid-year at the earliest. Let’s hope that is possible.
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I inquired about refunds for Sea Hear Now. Here is the reply dated 5/7/2020:

Hi Andrew,

Sea.Hear.Now is proceeding as planned, and we are excited to welcome everyone to the event in September. The safety of our fans, artists, and staff is always our top priority and planned for accordingly.  In the event of a full cancelation for any reason, tickets will be refunded.

We also have a Verified Ticket Exchange for fans who wish to list their tickets for resale: https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/seg160/sea-hear-now-festival-tickets/event/48949?_ga=2.18518393.1119595326.1586540437-383373625.1579022801

If you chose the Secure Ticket option you can find information about making a reimbursement request here: https://support.frontgatetickets.com/s/article/How-do-I-use-Secure-Ticket-to-file-a-claim-for-reimbursement

Thanks,
    -Ben
    Sea.Hear.Now
  • FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
     I hope they don't cancel and postpone it. Just because I am fearful that if they do cancel it, PJ won't be back the following year.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
    Drdeal said:
    I inquired about refunds for Sea Hear Now. Here is the reply dated 5/7/2020:

Hi Andrew,

Sea.Hear.Now is proceeding as planned, and we are excited to welcome everyone to the event in September. The safety of our fans, artists, and staff is always our top priority and planned for accordingly.  In the event of a full cancelation for any reason, tickets will be refunded.

We also have a Verified Ticket Exchange for fans who wish to list their tickets for resale: https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/seg160/sea-hear-now-festival-tickets/event/48949?_ga=2.18518393.1119595326.1586540437-383373625.1579022801

If you chose the Secure Ticket option you can find information about making a reimbursement request here: https://support.frontgatetickets.com/s/article/How-do-I-use-Secure-Ticket-to-file-a-claim-for-reimbursement

Thanks,
    -Ben
    Sea.Hear.Now
    That seems like a standard to response to something that hasn't yet made an announcement about postponing. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2020/05/when-will-concerts-return-a-legendary-nj-promoter-unpacks-an-industry-in-crisis.html

First, the burning question: When do you think concerts will return? Is the industry still holding out hope for the fall or is everyone already looking to 2021?

“It's a moving target almost every day. A few months ago, the industry sort of unanimously thought ‘OK, this will all be over by the summer and we'll have a normal summer.’ But it got worse, not better. A few weeks ago, most agents, managers and bands had pretty much given up on most of the summer, started saying ‘maybe we can get some outdoor shows in August, September.’ Now in the last couple of days, some people still hold out hope for late fall, for November and December. But most people have thrown in the towel, meaning they don't really think shows will be back until 2021. I don't think there's any real reason to believe that there can be national tours until 2021 or until a vaccine is there.

The biggest New Jersey music festival still on the books for 2020 is Asbury Park’s Sea Hear Now festival in September, with Pearl Jam headlining and tens of thousands of people expected. That seems unlikely now, yes?

“Yeah, pretty unlikely.”

Some industry folks have suggested smaller venues could reopen sooner with social distancing measures put in place. Possible or pipe dream?

“Maybe not forever, but for a long time, there's not going to be GA (standing room) shows. I don't know if we'll ever see them again. Shows will belong in theaters big and small. That could really help NJPAC, the State Theatre, Bergen PAC. With reserved seats, you can lay it out so that there is social distancing. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,323
    mcgruff10 said:
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2020/05/when-will-concerts-return-a-legendary-nj-promoter-unpacks-an-industry-in-crisis.html

The biggest New Jersey music festival still on the books for 2020 is Asbury Park’s Sea Hear Now festival in September, with Pearl Jam headlining and tens of thousands of people expected. That seems unlikely now, yes?

“Yeah, pretty unlikely.”

Not sure why the company running this festival hasn't postponed or cancelled this festival yet. And not sure why any active running organization out there today hasn't cancelled all their 2020 show dates cause they know 100% there will be no huge gatherings happening this year. 
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    demetrios said:
    mcgruff10 said:

“Yeah, pretty unlikely.”

Not sure why the company running this festival hasn't postponed or cancelled this festival yet. And not sure why any active running organization out there today hasn't cancelled all their 2020 show dates cause they know 100% there will be no huge gatherings happening this year. 
    Yeah my first layaway plan payment is due tomorrow. Would be nice to know what is going on. I know it hasn’t been cancelled but it’s tough to assume it’s happening 
    Mine is due June 1st. I am going to contact them about canceling my order. I will not be wearing a mask or standing neck deep in the ocean to social distance. They really need to get their shit together. By they I mean, Front Line Tickets. 
    The entire Hollywood Bowl season was cancelled today. That includes concerts from May through October. Ohana should be cancelled prior to taking more money from people in the layaway plans on June 1. It would be outrageous to charge credit cards for an event that is 100 percent not happening in 2020. 
    I got hit with a sea hear now payment today. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    So don't pay it... what are they gonna do
    Luckytwn1 said:
    The entire Hollywood Bowl season was cancelled today. That includes concerts from May through October. Ohana should be cancelled prior to taking more money from people in the layaway plans on June 1. It would be outrageous to charge credit cards for an event that is 100 percent not happening in 2020. 
    Don't pay...
    mcgruff10 said:
    So don't pay it... what are they gonna do
    Automatically deducted.   
    edited May 2020
    So they are going to charge you a ticket to watch some fucking sound check on your computer or go sit in your car at a drive in. Fuck you!!!!! And out door festivals with safe spacing. So you could honestly be so far from the stage that it’s like your not even at the show. And how they going to enforce this when say PJ takes the stage and the surge happens. I seriously hope all these ticket companies go bankrupt and die the death they have always deserved. Fuck you live nation. Fuck you ticketmaster. Fuck you whoever is holding out on canceling Ohana and others. Die slow fuck heads. Give me back my money. 
    So they are going to charge you a ticket to watch some fucking sound check on your computer or go sit in your car at a drive in. Fuck you!!!!! And out door festivals with safe spacing. So you could honestly be so far from the stage that it’s like your not even at the show. And how they going to enforce this when say PJ takes the stage and the surge happens. I seriously hope all these ticket companies go bankrupt and die the death they have always deserved. Fuck you live nation. Fuck you ticketmaster. Fuck you whoever is holding out on canceling Ohana and others. Die slow fuck heads. Give me back my money. 
    Again, I agree with you. There is no guarantee that's what forever will look like....obvious they're trying to figure out how to make money now. 
    Can you IMAGINE what prices would be in small venues with limited capacity?????? Holy shit it would be awful
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I don't think there is any doubt its going to be postponed or cancelled outright.  I'm guessing they have a firm date to postpone/cancel but they are waiting to see if some miracle cure shows up before then.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 642
    Luckytwn1 said:
    I'm not gonna lie I regret buying tix for Sea Hear Now.  I just can't see myself being comfortable in a large crowd in September if a vaccine is not available (and it won't be).  
    There is a zero point zero chance the state of NJ will allow the festival to take place on Mid September. 

Totally disagree. Zero point Zero....when they have been saying open the beaches all along
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Not happening.  No chance.  Doesn't matter if yahoos are saying to open the beach.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    A decision before June 1st would be the right thing to do. Or delay the withdrawal of funds for those on lay a way. Piss poor conduct by everyone involved with Ohana. 
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    Yeah I was wondering when things might turn on Clinch here in NJ for not canceling yet. 
    epbadger said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    I'm not gonna lie I regret buying tix for Sea Hear Now.  I just can't see myself being comfortable in a large crowd in September if a vaccine is not available (and it won't be).  
    There is a zero point zero chance the state of NJ will allow the festival to take place on Mid September. 

Totally disagree. Zero point Zero....when they have been saying open the beaches all along
    Not happening.  No chance.  Doesn't matter if yahoos are saying to open the beach.
    Consider today NJ changed the order to allow outdoor gatherings of up to *25* people. Maybe by September, it’s up to 250 or even 1000 (highly doubt it) but zero point zero was the accurate statement for the idea tens of thousands of people will be allowed to congregate in one place. 
  • FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    edited May 2020
    Expect it to be moved to 2021 same headliners. Announcement in the next few weeks.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • KB82926KB82926 Posts: 58
    Will try to speak this into existence...

Band sees its NBA heroes play without fans. Band sets up on the Beach with no audience for a paid streaming event.  

Need to see those Gigaton songs live! 
    KB82926 said:

Band sees its NBA heroes play without fans. Band sets up on the Beach with no audience for a paid streaming event.  

Why would they possibly do that from Doheny State Beach, where a stage would need to be built? If they want to do a live stream and the band is willing to be on the same stage together, they can do it from any theater at much less cost. 
    Luckytwn1 said:
    KB82926 said:

Why would they possibly do that from Doheny State Beach, where a stage would need to be built? If they want to do a live stream and the band is willing to be on the same stage together, they can do it from any theater at much less cost. 
    Or the rehearsal place in the headquarters. No overhead or reservations needed. I wouldn’t watch. I love love love the new album but I wanna see the new songs in person. Video never will do justice to live in person. So I’ll just enjoy studio till concerts resume as normal. 
This discussion has been closed.