*** Bristow, VA Fanviews Here 5/13/10 ***

1234568»

Comments

• This Boot is MUCH better than the 08 and 09 ones. The sounds is quite improved, the crowd is audible, and for this show specifically, the f'd up PA system is not an issue. There's no "doubling" of sound that was heard live and confused the band and crowd at least a few times.

The show is better on boot than it was in person, and that's not meant as a slap to the live show. But the sound problems, a couple badly timed song selections, and the disconnect between the band and the expansive crowd in a "too big" amphitheater have been erased through this bootleg. It's just going to go down as a bit of a head scratcher of a show for those that were in attendance. But it sounds really good on my CPU speakers.
  • The mix for this boot is absolutely wonderful. Every member has their perfect spot in the mix. What a show.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • MURRAYCGMURRAYCG Posts: 24
    Just got my boot and am taking it all in for a second time. The show was amazing.

Cool side note: After EV talks about his visit to DC's 9:30 Club and seeing PIL and Johnny Rotten he laments about using a kick to the testicles from Rotten to help him it some of the notes in the upcoming songs.

Then before Just Breathe, he dedicates the song to Carmine Francis Farina MacKaye, the 2 year old son of Fugazi front man Ian MacKaye. Thanks for the DC love EV. We love you back friend.

I want to see them again tomorrow and again the day after that.
    VA Beach 8.3.00, Charlotte 8.4.00, DC 5.30.06, VA Beach 6.17.08, Bristow 5.13.10, and hopefully many more to come...
  • MURRAYCGMURRAYCG Posts: 24
    Is that a Black Sabbath tag I hear Mike put at the end of Alive on this boot? I couldn't nail it at the show and I'm at a loss at to what that last riff is. Somebody please educate me.
    VA Beach 8.3.00, Charlotte 8.4.00, DC 5.30.06, VA Beach 6.17.08, Bristow 5.13.10, and hopefully many more to come...
  • MURRAYCG wrote:
    Is that a Black Sabbath tag I hear Mike put at the end of Alive on this boot? I couldn't nail it at the show and I'm at a loss at to what that last riff is. Somebody please educate me.

Yeah, you heard right. I didn't catch it until I listened to the boot, also. I think it's a fiff from "War Pigs."
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • How's everybody enjoying those Bristow boots????
    I have no money, so I will have to wait.

Can't believe it's been a month now since the show :o
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MY FIRST PJ live show was TEN YEARS AGO tonight!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,739
    ^^^awesome!!! 2010 tour ignited something inside me and really began my pj addiction. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I was on board since 91, (mostly because of WBCN Boston) just never in the building.  I missed the Orpheum show, The Garden show, even the Great Woods shows.  I was busy, I guess.

Pretty effing cold that night, in low 50s and breezy...Band of Horses to aSmall Town opener, Brain of J. (my first name) into Save You? By the time they got to Unthought Known, I was like this is music from the future...I lost my mind during Do the Evolution

Into the parking lot for Spin the Black Spin the Black, I was NOT getting stuck in that sore excuse for a traffic jam.

I joined the ten club the next day.  

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Underrated gig. Crowd was kinda up and down, but the setlist is great and the band sounded strong. Best show I’ve been to as far as Eds voice goes. Great boot! 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/