2016 and 2018 Fan Club Singles?

12345679»

Comments

• matt.wattmatt.watt Posts: 76
    Wait...  the downloads appearing are big news!
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    bazzer said:
    Yay!

I guess the physical packages must be on their way (but did we get an address reminder?) and my Gigaton bundle arrived today, so life is good! :)
    woah, from the tenclub?  Mine arrived on day 1 of level 4 COVID lockdown, which was 2 weeks ago?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    edited April 2020
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:
    Yay!

I guess the physical packages must be on their way (but did we get an address reminder?) and my Gigaton bundle arrived today, so life is good! :)
    woah, from the tenclub?  Mine arrived on day 1 of level 4 COVID lockdown, which was 2 weeks ago?
    Yeah, I ordered from the UK store :( But it was cheaper :)
    on2legs said:
    Time to close this thread... 

Shut it down for good once the singles actually arrive, but I think getting the downloads and artwork and deep are all pretty good signs that we're just waiting for production now, as per the newsletter.
    Post edited by bazzer on
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    These have not yet been sent out yet, correct?  

With all that was going on, I forgot about then.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Vedd Hedd said:

If you're in any of the Facebook groups, when they start arriving, you'll see:
    Them being posted
    People asking what they are
    People asking how to get one
    People being confused if they should get one
    And more!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Vedd Hedd said:

Them being posted
    And more!
    not to mention the confusion over the years. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited May 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:

Them being posted
    And more!
    not to mention the confusion over the years. 

The biggest confusion, IMO, comes from one of two things...the timing of the record being shipped and the analog items.

People also don't read newsletters and emails. That's on them.

Before the analog/digital phase, they'd send an email sometime around August or October telling people that their memberships should be current with current addresses. 10C would try to send them around December or January. I can't speak for the 90s, but after about 2003, most of them would come in the middle of the next year.

Someone who signed up in February of 2005 would get the reminder email in late 2005. They'd get the single in the middle of 2006. If they weren't paying attention, they'd think it was the 2006 single because it arrived in 2006.

I don't know how many times I had to correct people about that.

Here's the confusing part: If they signed up in, say, November 2005, it was after the deadline for the 2005 single, but they would be eligible for the 2006 single...which would come in the middle of 2007. They'd think it was the 2007 single.

This was rectified when they moved the deadline to 12/31. Anyone who signed up at any point in the year was eligible.

The other issue was with the bonus items. I renew in February or March. I get that code when I renew. Some people tried to use their 2017 code on the 2018 shirt in early 2018. That won't work. I'd get my code for the shirt when I renew. I use it right away, but I have to wait for the record.

When they did the stickers, patches and mini-posters, they were sending those out. For YEARS, people would wonder where those were. "I pay all this money and haven't got anything from them in years. Where's my mini-poster they used to send?"

What they didn't realize was that 10C sent an email explaining that codes have to be used. They were sitting on a ton of expired t-shirt codes.

When people are thinking about joining 10C, I tell them two things:
    1) Do not use a throwaway email address. Use one you check on a frequent basis. 10C sends lots of emails with important updates.

2) Read all emails 10C sends. Most of the questions asked can be answered by reading the emails or website.

If the boss emails "free lunch in the break room at 1pm" and you miss it and go to the cafeteria, well...

Ten Club doesn't make it hard...if people put in the few minutes it takes to read the emails.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"