OZARK -Netflix Show

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    hedonist said:
    So good!  I just started episode 4 of the last season.

Juggler, I stand corrected - fuck Wendy Byrde.
    oh you just wait....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Season 2 down.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    HOLY FUCKBALLS.

Season 3 done......

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mickeyrat said:
    HOLY FUCKBALLS.

Season 3 done......
    Hell of an ending, eh Mick?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Great show....I started rewatching season 1...amazing all of the shit I forgot and at how quickly you get introduced to all of the characters.

I seriously could not have answered "how did the Byrd's get involved with the drug cartel" before re-watching the first episode.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    well shit.
    you had 13 months between seasons 1 and 2. 
    19 months between 2 and 3?

what does the current global situation mean for season 4?

and how many more do you think we will see? 

mickeyrat said:
    well shit.

probably 2 more seasons....great shows know when to stop

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mickeyrat said:
    well shit.

Uhhh yeah it might be a couple years before we see this show back unfortunately.  Although I'm assuming that writing the actual episodes takes a long time and they can still do that with the current situation.

I don't even think Netflix has officially renewed it for another season yet but I'm sure that is a no-brainer.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    The girl you plays Ruth is married to the lead singer of Foster the People, Mark Foster,
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2020
    Just amazing that there really are no likable characters on the show, but can't stop watching, looking forward to season 4
    I think Marty is likable. He knows he fucked up his family's life and is just trying to claw them out of a, seemingly, endless hole. 

Ruth is likable too, as is Wendy's brother...up to this point (4 or 5 episodes in).
    everyone seems to forget that this all started because of marty's business partner fucking the cartel. marty is just cleaning up his mistakes. now he's pushing back against his wife's greed. this whole show is just him trying to balance a normal life while laundering money for the mexican cartel. and his wife now is power and money hungry. 

my wife and i just love ruth. i am constantly saying in a shrill voice "GIT HER SHIT TOGETHER, MARTY". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Another awesome season.  The whole Darlene-Wyatt thing is creepy af.  Although Darlene taking a shotgun to Frank Jr.'s crotch was great.

Unfortunately it's going to be a long time until season 4.  It was a year and a half between season 2 and 3 and I'm sure all productions are going to be severely delayed with the coronavirus.
    i can't imagine what it's like for those two actors. my wife and i openly cringe at their scenes together. they do a magnificent job of selling it. but it's just so gross. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

keep seeing these garbage website ads on news sites showing a picture of Bateman or him and Linney with the headlines to the effect of see which shows are canceled....

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Disappointed in the ending.  Killed off one of my favorite characters.  Wyatt and Darlene are the worst characters on the show and now Ruth will be in more scenes with them.  Weird to love a show and basically lose all interest with one episode.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Just finished season 3. Great ending. Interested to find out what officially got her killed.

They did a good job of selling the Ben needs to be killed decision by Wendy, but I could have done without his character the whole season. He was just filler and added nothing besides annoying scenes and making Ruth weak. I really wish Darlene were gone as well. She somehow is like a super hero and can control whoever she comes in contact with and get them to bend to her will. It's really getting annoying. She needs a Helen style ending.

They've really limited the quality supporting cast for next season, but I'm sure we'll need to be introduced to a new lawyer type for the cartel. Miya and the KC mob leads are okay, but again, don't bring much to the table. I thought that arc would have some more interesting interactions, but they just kind of let it go. Whatever, made the Darlene proposition more possible, but not viable based on how they wanted Ruth dead for kicking him in the balls. Fun season, but they're stretching the story line thin.

Season 4 should be the last one. Use it to try to pull this shit together, but now we're back to juggling the Darlene angle and cartel angle. The Snell/Langmore storyline seems like a less worthy version of Justified's Crowder/Bennett story.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Just finished season 3. Great ending. Interested to find out what officially got her killed.

They did a good job of selling the Ben needs to be killed decision by Wendy, but I could have done without his character the whole season. He was just filler and added nothing besides annoying scenes and making Ruth weak. I really wish Darlene were gone as well. She somehow is like a super hero and can control whoever she comes in contact with and get them to bend to her will. It's really getting annoying. She needs a Helen style ending.

They've really limited the quality supporting cast for next season, but I'm sure we'll need to be introduced to a new lawyer type for the cartel. Miya and the KC mob leads are okay, but again, don't bring much to the table. I thought that arc would have some more interesting interactions, but they just kind of let it go. Whatever, made the Darlene proposition more possible, but not viable based on how they wanted Ruth dead for kicking him in the balls. Fun season, but they're stretching the story line thin.

Season 4 should be the last one. Use it to try to pull this shit together, but now we're back to juggling the Darlene angle and cartel angle. The Snell/Langmore storyline seems like a less worthy version of Justified's Crowder/Bennett story.

Agreed.  I feel like whenever a show introduces an unpredictable/bi-polar character like that out of nowhere it's just a plot device to create more drama.  I'm guessing they'll go at least another season or 2.  Show is a huge hit for Netflix but they haven't been known to let shows go on for too long.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Finally confirmed 4th and final season. Similar to many shows these days, split into (2) 7 episode arcs.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ozark-renewed-final-season-4-netflix-1234694181/
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Finally confirmed 4th and final season. Similar to many shows these days, split into (2) 7 episode arcs.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ozark-renewed-final-season-4-netflix-1234694181/
    Doesn't say if they will be released separately though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tbergs said:

Nice!!!  I'm guessing it will be separate.  They do it this way so they don't have to re-negotiate contracts for all the actors for a new season.  So while it is technically 1 season, it would essentially be 2 different seasons.  Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Mad Men all had their final seasons broken up into 2 parts like that.  Either way, so happy that this show will get to tell the full story.  Can't wait.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Not filmed yet, correct? 
    tbergs said:

Nice!!!  I'm guessing it will be separate.  They do it this way so they don't have to re-negotiate contracts for all the actors for a new season.  So while it is technically 1 season, it would essentially be 2 different seasons.  Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Mad Men all had their final seasons broken up into 2 parts like that.  Either way, so happy that this show will get to tell the full story.  Can't wait.
    You're probably right. I would be a little underwhelmed by just getting 7 episodes next year or whenever and then 7 the following. Normal season is like 11 right? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tbergs said:

You're probably right. I would be a little underwhelmed by just getting 7 episodes next year or whenever and then 7 the following. Normal season is like 11 right? 

I think Arrested Development did that a few years ago.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So looking forward to this. Gotta rewatch last season first. 
    about fucking time

I rewatched all three seasons a few weeks back. Great show. 

And I'm sure I'll forget everything by the time S4 hits

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I'M SO EXCITED
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I'M SO EXCITED
    Me too...this should be an interesting season to say the least!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Let's see if they can land the plane in the last season.  The hardest thing to do with these dramas