Things that give you hope.

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Just got a FaceTime call from our niece. She's 9 and just wanted to say hi and that she misses us. Made my day!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    My little one wrote and sang her first song.
    tish said:
    My little one wrote and sang her first song.
    awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    January 20, 2021

Still cautiously hopeful.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Sometimes I think back on this one when I need to feel a bit better.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Sometimes I think back on this one when I need to feel a bit better.

Are those Mario Brothers games?  I have one Mario Bros. game for my game boy but I always sucked at it.  But I'm damn good at Game Boy Tetris.  I should be after playing that game several time every day for about 25 years!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    I live blocks away from a major hospital and follow them on social media and they recently announced 1,400 people who were positive had been released so that gives me hope in what they're doing. Also, the fact that the sirens are diminishing to maybe one or two per day. Earlier this month, they were over 10 per day for a few days.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I live blocks away from a major hospital and follow them on social media and they recently announced 1,400 people who were positive had been released so that gives me hope in what they're doing. Also, the fact that the sirens are diminishing to maybe one or two per day. Earlier this month, they were over 10 per day for a few days.

That's great news, Xavier.   

NYC- what an incredible place.  So many memories of visits to that marvelous town.  I hope to get back there again some say.  Stay safe out there.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

A guy who lives in the Manhattan who I know and is a big pearl jam fan is always posting videos/pics of the songs at 7 pm for the shift change of the frontline workers.

https://www.instagram.com/iamnysports/
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Odd but hopeful story about human nature (or at least about some humans) - a tale of 6 teenage boys shipwrecked for over a year on a deserted tropical island who failed to descend into a Lord of the Flies situation and instead survived by teamwork, compassion, luck and badminton.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/may/09/the-real-lord-of-the-flies-what-happened-when-six-boys-were-shipwrecked-for-15-months
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    brianlux said:

NYC- what an incredible place.  So many memories of visits to that marvelous town.  I hope to get back there again some say.  Stay safe out there.
    update, they announced a few days ago it was 1,600 at that specific hospital
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    brianlux said:

I hope things are improving there in the greatest city in the world.  Thanks for the update, Xavier!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I hope things are improving there in the greatest city in the world.  Thanks for the update, Xavier!
    Numbers seem to be going down but still not enough, but it's better than the alternative for sure and I don't think I'll feel safe until it's well under 100 per day. 
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Good news on my mother’s Alzheimer’s situation we finally started getting an aid coming to her house to take care of her! We are so relieved for my Dad he can now get a much needed brake , thank you to the powers that be!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Good news on my mother’s Alzheimer’s situation we finally started getting an aid coming to her house to take care of her! We are so relieved for my Dad he can now get a much needed brake , thank you to the powers that be!
    Great news!  

That's great!  My father also cared for my mom for a few years so I know how hard that is.  Good thought for your folks, J.

I spoke with my Aunt tonight...she tested positive for COVID a few days ago. She's been battling health problems for years....but you wouldn't know it. Talking to her made my week/day/month. She has such a positive attitude. I am in awe of her and feel blessed to be her nephew. 

Be well, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    I spoke with my Aunt tonight...she tested positive for COVID a few days ago. She's been battling health problems for years....but you wouldn't know it. Talking to her made my week/day/month. She has such a positive attitude. I am in awe of her and feel blessed to be her nephew. 

Be well, all.

Oh man,  I hope she gets through it OK.  Good for her for positivity!  Best wishes to you and her.

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'm quite hopeful at the moment because the numbers are really coming down in Ireland and people seem to be a little bit kinder to each other.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    I'm quite hopeful at the moment because the numbers are really coming down in Ireland and people seem to be a little bit kinder to each other.

Great news, Conor!  Stay well!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Have a safe weekend everyone, thanks to our brave men & women of our armed forces..and to all the 1st responders..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    mfc2006 said:

Be well, all.
    Sending good thoughts and wishes to you and for your Aunt! 
    These are times to remember and to take care. Even a phone call can mean everything. :)
     I hope she will be fine and you can see her again soon. 

Stay safe and positive! 
    Thanks @brianlux & @kce8
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This man - for his humility, knowledge, willingness to learn, and excellence of character. It would be my honor to one day meet him. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Grrr. On my phone; hopefully the link works. 
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    hedonist said:
    This man - for his humility, knowledge, willingness to learn, and excellence of character. It would be my honor to one day meet him. 
    The link works just fine. Good choice!
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    This story hit my heart. 
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/we-all-need-a-lot-more-ericas-in-the-world-mom-thanks-flight-attendant-for-befriending-son-with-autism/ar-BB16jkAb?ocid=msedgntp

Thanks to the pandemic, graduates of Central High School in Keller were only allowed a handful of guests during ceremonies at Globe Life Field.
    For Garrison Christy that included his closest family, friends and favorite flight attendant.

“Just a few minutes on a plane changed his life in getting this amazing friend,” said Renee Christy, Garrison’s mom.

Garrison is autistic. He loves airplanes. He has books, plane figurines and has been to flight shows all over the country.

Last year, on a flight from Chicago to Dallas, he decided to tell Southwest Airlines flight attendant Erica Connally all about planes.

“Garrison just zoned in on her and wanted her attention full time before we had to take off,” Renee Christy said.

“I love planes also so I was excited to interact with him and let him tell me everything he wanted to share about flying that he loves so much,” Connolly said.

However, when the flight landed in Dallas, they didn’t even get to say goodbye. They all went their separate ways, expecting they’d never see each other again. Until the next day, when Garrison got a delivery at school.

It was a book with a note that read, in part, "I was your flight attendant. My dad is a pilot. We really love airplanes too. We found this old airplane guide and I thought you should have it." 

After their flight landed the day before, Connolly visited her parents, who also live in Keller, and saw that airplane guide lying around. Her dad, a former Air Force pilot who now flies for American Airlines, intended to throw it away the next day.

“It’s true,” Connolly said. “I always try to be just a little bit kinder than is necessary. I think if more people took that approach in life, the world would be a little bit of a better place.”

Renee couldn’t believe it.

“Not everyone can be as nice and understanding so for her just to do that, just seemed so amazing,” she said, fighting back tears. “I don’t think she realized the impact [the books] were going to have on Garrison.”

Renee says Garrison takes the books everywhere he goes. She says he’s learned a lot not only learned a lot more about airplanes, but it’s improved his reading and speech too.

Since then, Garrison and Connolly’s friendship has reached a whole new altitude.

Garrison got to see inside a Southwest flight simulator and Connolly’s dad let Garrison wear his Air Force flight suit.

Connolly, who’s also a photographer, took his senior pictures wearing that suit.

It all meant so much to Garrison, he didn’t even hesitate when he was told he could only invite five people to graduation.

“Before he even got to a family member, his first selection was Erica,” Renee said.

“She’s my favorite,” said Garrison.

Any flight attendant can make a passenger feel safe, but only a special few can make them feel loved.

“I wish Garrison had a lot more Ericas in his life when it comes to friends,” Renee said with tears streaming down her face. “I think we all need a lot more Ericas in the world.”

Imagine the places we could go.

Farmer finds prosthetic leg in field, returns to skydiver who lost it...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14