I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    If your a Doors fan, you gotta pick up the Analogue Productions 45RPM versions. Amazing sounding vinyl.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:
    If your a Doors fan, you gotta pick up the Analogue Productions 45RPM versions. Amazing sounding vinyl.
    Are they KG mastered?  I only have original across the board for Doors.  Most are decent.   LA Woman is very good
    mickeyrat said:

How's that Brubeck? I don't have it. 
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Are they KG mastered?  I only have original across the board for Doors.  Most are decent.   LA Woman is very good
    The AP Doors sounds good, but flipping the sides so often with 45 rpm kinda killed the vibe for me.  I’ve got monarch press originals that I love the sound of and they didn’t break the bank the way the APs did.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    The AP Doors sounds good, but flipping the sides so often with 45 rpm kinda killed the vibe for me.  I’ve got monarch press originals that I love the sound of and they didn’t break the bank the way the APs did.
    I  have one Monarch,  the Doors.  The rest appear to be first pressings but from different plants like TP, Allentown, etc. 

I might get LA one day at 45, but probably not the rest.  That one is miles ahead,  my favorite Doors record. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited April 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

dunno yet. have 2 others on the way from this time series.

this is a 6 eye mono. haven't tracked down release of this pressing yet.

1961 Variant 5

very minor scuff marks, otherwise very clean.

odd the front cover is a sticker?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    No, they’re all Doug Sax I believe. All are VERY nice sounding records,
    edited April 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

as for this copy, incredibly clean.

musically its Brubeck Quartet. They play so well together and are such great musicians individually I think you'd really dig it. I know I am.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

musically its Brubeck Quartet. They play so well together and are such great musicians individually I think you'd really dig it. I know I am.
    I have an original 6 eye Stereo copy of this, nice sounding record.
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Time to do some hunting 
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

most of my brubeck is early/first press mono.
    sounds great. wonder what differences are, really?

mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Time to do some hunting 
    discogs has many at different price points of this particular title..... unsure how many of which , mono or stereo.

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Time to do some hunting 
    discogs has many at different price points of this particular title..... unsure how many of which , mono or stereo.
    Do you guys both have the six eye mono? Recommended? 

@MedozK
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Time to do some hunting 
    Do you guys both have the six eye mono? Recommended? 

@MedozK
    I do in mono. his is stereo.

I dont think I have quite the ear you guys seem to have but my mono 6 eye sounded very clean production wise and surprisingly clean with needle in groove(used from a store that does wipe cleaning only)

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    My parents downsized in housing, so they gave me a bunch of their old records. It's been fun listening to stuff I never had before:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Triology, Steely Dan's Countdown to Ecstasy and Pretzel Logic, Wings' Wild Life, Dave Mason's Headkeeper, Simon and Garfunkel's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme, Lynyrd Skynrd's debut, John Lennon & Yoko Ono's Double Fantasy, Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, which I remember listening to as a kid.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    My parents downsized in housing, so they gave me a bunch of their old records. It's been fun listening to stuff I never had before:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Triology, Steely Dan's Countdown to Ecstasy and Pretzel Logic, Wings' Wild Life, Dave Mason's Headkeeper, Simon and Garfunkel's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme, Lynyrd Skynrd's debut, John Lennon & Yoko Ono's Double Fantasy, Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, which I remember listening to as a kid.

big time score
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited April 2020
    Cridder said:

big time score
    Blood on the Tracks one of my favorites of all time
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Cridder said:

big time score
    Agreed!
    RobbyD462 said:
    Cridder said:

big time score
    I was surprised by it and look forward to knowing it better.  I haven't listened to a lot of Dylan albums, and haven't listened to him in a long time.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    RobbyD462 said:
    Cridder said:

big time score
    Amazing album.

mickeyrat said:

You're all about Brubeck. Is that new?
    edited April 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

to me. think I have now got the whole time series.

this is a 62 press. several listed for that year.

I think now I will shift gears and move into Miles since my friend sent me that Tutu......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I think now I will shift gears and move into Miles since my friend sent me that Tutu......
    Im really into Dexter Gordon along with Bill Evans. 

The Brubeck looked sealed.  I guess that's just a bag?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Im really into Dexter Gordon along with Bill Evans. 

The Brubeck looked sealed.  I guess that's just a bag?
    yeah.  seller printed up a bar coded title label. cover condition , good is generous. need to closely inspect the vinyl. ebay and very cheap at $5

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    The Strokes - The New Abnormal (damn good!)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Few orders came in this morning! FINALLY... I can listen to Gigaton in all its wax glory :)

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    edited April 2020
    Until today, I had never heard this album.  I've waited a long time to find an affordable vinyl copy because that's how I wanted to hear it.  And finally, it happened.  This is a remarkable record.  Strange, sometimes beautiful, sometimes unsettling, and perfectly timed.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.