The National

Comments

• lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    Decided my homecoming plans were pretty ambitious especially if I'm going to make a pj show this spring with travel. If anybody wants a single for the festival at the $99 price plus fees, let me know
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Anyone have the self titled album on blue vinyl available??? 
    Got $$$ or plenty to trade... 
    1 month until I see them again over here in Aus - can't wait!!! 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    redraw said:

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Dang, is it really going for that much? I have a copy and had no idea. It's not for sale though and I don't think it ever would be. Good  luck in your search.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    deadendp said:
    redraw said:

Yeah I've seen that one. 
    Unfortunately a bit more than I'm hoping to pay... 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    deadendp said:

Have people been getting pissy about the delay? Can't wait to see what we get this year. Cherry Tree really does a lot of things right.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    deadendp said:

Have people been getting pissy about the delay? Can't wait to see what we get this year. Cherry Tree really does a lot of things right.
    I'm not one to read things on Reddit, but I suspect so. Their annual "package" last year was just wonderful. Very thoughtfully put together. Excited to receive it when it arrives. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    No one is pissy, just starting to get impatient (even though there's been an update every month or so). Its kinda laughable actually.

I think the whole summer tour won’t happen 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    edited March 2020
    deadendp said:

I don’t want to incur the wrath of @Sea by opening up a Porch thread about the missing singles, but it is quite something to see a fan club make up for a 3-4 month shipping delay by putting up a TRIPLE LP annual release. 
    edited March 2020
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

I don’t want to incur the wrath of @Sea by opening up a Porch thread about the missing singles, but it is quite something to see a fan club make up for a 3-4 month shipping delay by putting up a TRIPLE LP annual release. 
    They are shipping and we will have it to listen to while we are on stay-at-home order in Ohio. :triumph:

We are basically getting a box set, and some other bits and pieces for $50. I was able to use my membership to get $99 passes for Homecoming and though that is on a yet-to-be-announced postponement, I got my membership worth right there with just tickets.

So excited for this membership box to arrive! 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

They are shipping and we will have it to listen to while we are on stay-at-home order in Ohio. :triumph:

We are basically getting a box set, and some other bits and pieces for $50. I was able to use my membership to get $99 passes for Homecoming and though that is on a yet-to-be-announced postponement, I got my membership worth right there with just tickets.

Have they said what's on the vinyl?  Can't seem to find that info anywhere....
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

Nope.  I haven't seen any information and that's okay.  I like surprises.  Well, most of the time. 
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

To be fair, I’m sure the 3LP set was the original plan. They didn’t change the plan to make up for not shipping in December. 
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

They have not. Good money is on the whole Beacon show, where they made an EP of tracks for Amazon and released the concert film from it. 

It’s the whole new album w/ choir tracks and then 3-4 old classics. 
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:

To be fair, I’m sure the 3LP set was the original plan. They didn’t change the plan to make up for not shipping in December. 
    Agreed. The delay was out of their control and seemed to be frustrating them as well. 
    CT Vol. 1 is up for Cherry Tree Members at their shop.

Its $65 after shipping, but it regularly goes for $200 on the secondary market. Also all proceeds from their store are going to to their crew. So at least you'd be helping some people out and getting an excellent rare record in exchange.

• mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    Awesome they made available.  Just can't justify $107 Cdn for it after shipping.  Cdn $ worthless.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    CT Vol. 1 is up for Cherry Tree Members at their shop.

Its $65 after shipping, but it regularly goes for $200 on the secondary market. Also all proceeds from their store are going to to their crew. So at least you'd be helping some people out and getting an excellent rare record in exchange.

Thanks for the heads up!  Was bummed that I joined cherry tree too late to get the first vinyl.  $56 shipped not bad at all.
    Is that all it was? I must have bought another record yesterday with $15 shipping. Yeah, $56 is really good.
    Pretty sure these are leftovers BTW. Once they are gone, they'll be gone. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Anybody want to order me one?

I'll PP right now.

Thanks!