The National

1232425262729»

Comments

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    DJ253147 said:
    I'm wondring if anyone would mind posting up some of their favorite songs for either the National and or War on Drugs. I've heard some W.O.D on Sirius and tried a bit of the National on Apple essentials but not really getting it yet as far as the National though a cover of Morning Dew is awesome. They're coming to our area soon.

Thanks in general for the posts in Other Music too it's helped us discover several new to us bands which has been awesome.
    Some of my favorites are below. The National is a slow burn as Tim said but saw them live for the first time recently and was blown away. 

War on drugs always put on a good show, super talented

The National

Bloodbuzz Ohio
    Slow show
    i should live in salt
    Don’t swallow the cap
    light years
    Runaway
    conversation 16
    Apartment story
    Green gloves
    Geese of Beverly road
    Day I die

War on Drugs

Under the pressure
    Thinking of a place
    Pain
    holding on
    red eyes
    Burning
    Strangest thing
    I don’t live here anymore
    occasional rain 
    Change
    In chains
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 945
    There’s a decent playlist on Spotify put together by The Guardian newspaper of stuff up to and including Trouble will find me. How it doesn’t have I Need My Girl on it though is a mystery to me https://open.spotify.com/playlist/66FLMIyqlBRuNWnVQnTPNn?si=8hdHoqujTSO5DOkwxIl50g&pi=e-jr76IHkoTP21
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    DJ253147 said:
    I'm wondring if anyone would mind posting up some of their favorite songs for either the National and or War on Drugs. I've heard some W.O.D on Sirius and tried a bit of the National on Apple essentials but not really getting it yet as far as the National though a cover of Morning Dew is awesome. They're coming to our area soon.

Thanks in general for the posts in Other Music too it's helped us discover several new to us bands which has been awesome.
    The Cherry Tree ep was what got me into The National, then I moved on to High Violet and the rest. Live Again by WoD is likely a great way to listen to what they will sound like live. I am now actually more excited to see them than The National. Both will be great.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 664
    Thank you very much for the information regarding the National and WoD!