I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Analogue Productions pressing. 
    the 2x12 45 RPM version??  That is gold!  

Yes. They have a limited stock right now at acoustic sounds. I love the 45rpm reissues they've done. Great soundstage and clarity.
    Damn.. I already have the Music Matters Kevin Gray, and the MM Kevin Gray on SRX.  Why wouldn't I add this one?  Heading over there now..
    Is there a pronounced difference between the regular and the SRX?
    nothing pronounced that I have heard, but I have a modest system.. Marantz 2245, Debut Carbon with 2M blue and Dynaudio Evoke 20's.  Midfi.  A very high end system may yield different results.  I bought the SRX because it was available and I know I can move my regular one.  I like the SRX but I wouldn't necessarily pay over retail since I had the other one.  And I don't plan on keeping the older one.  
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mrussel1 said:
    nothing pronounced that I have heard, but I have a modest system.. Marantz 2245, Debut Carbon with 2M blue and Dynaudio Evoke 20's.  Midfi.  A very high end system may yield different results.  I bought the SRX because it was available and I know I can move my regular one.  I like the SRX but I wouldn't necessarily pay over retail since I had the other one.  And I don't plan on keeping the older one.  

Nice. I'm rocking a 2m Blue as well. Great mid-price mm cartridge.

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice. I'm rocking a 2m Blue as well. Great mid-price mm cartridge.

Yeah big step up from red.   I do want to see what the black is all about one day,  but with a better TT.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Yes. They have a limited stock right now at acoustic sounds. I love the 45rpm reissues they've done. Great soundstage and clarity.
    Damn.. I already have the Music Matters Kevin Gray, and the MM Kevin Gray on SRX.  Why wouldn't I add this one?  Heading over there now..
    I understand what you're saying. It's one of the best albums of all time and happens to also be one of the best sounding as well. I've been trying to track down a reasonably priced SRX for some time but have yet to see one. 
    About a month ago they became available again.  I picked one up.  Pay attention to this thread, we were discussing it and other things that come available.  
    Also, since we're on the subject, Acoustic Sounds is taking orders for A Love Supreme 2x45 AP.  I just talked to them and they are waiting for the rights to be approved to go back to press.  They think it will happen.  So I just ordered it.  You order now, but don't pay until it ships.  At least at that point you are guaranteed a copy.  I have a 'normal' version and it's fine, but not AP level.  
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered A Love Supreme.
    .....same here!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Thanks for the info. Funny, I am also listening on a 2245 and Carbon, but with a Nagaoka MP-110. That's about as "audiophile" as I will ever get. If I go any higher I feel like it will only lead to madness. I just want to enjoy music as much I can without worrying about how I can upgrade the weak links in my chain. If I ever win the lottery, it will be go time.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Thanks for the info. Funny, I am also listening on a 2245 and Carbon, but with a Nagaoka MP-110. That's about as "audiophile" as I will ever get. If I go any higher I feel like it will only lead to madness. I just want to enjoy music as much I can without worrying about how I can upgrade the weak links in my chain. If I ever win the lottery, it will be go time.
    My 2245 is getting some light service so I've been comparing my experience to other units I have around or that my store will lend me.  The 2245 crushes my Pioneer SX-780 and I'm also listening to the new Cambridge CX-81A which is a $1400 integrated and highly regarded.  The Marantz is better, more musical and more full.  I will probably order a Vincent SVS amp because they offer free returns and give that a go, but so far the Marantz is everything I need. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    One of our local used record shops is closing this week. Been around since 1989. All used vinyl was $1.00 yesterday. Reminded me of the old days. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    I bought:

A tribute to the Dayglo Abortions
    REM - Monster
    Stone Temple Pilots (whatever the new acoustic album is called)

edited March 2020
    A tribute to the Dayglos? Is that a bunch of young punk bands covering Dayglo tracks? 

EDIT - beauty of the internet... I looked it up. An SNFU cover of Dayglo.  Let me know if this is any good. I may have to pick it up 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Wow dayglo... My bud has an lp from them. Love that cowbell song.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

How's the mix and sound on Rust in Peace?  Holy Wars has one of the best riffs in any song ever.  His solo kills in it too.
    ^ If that's the 2016 DSOTM remastered from the original analogs, that is an EXCELLENT cut.  I've had my share of the albums (don't have the 30th though) and the 2016 blows them all away.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    ^ If that's the 2016 DSOTM remastered from the original analogs, that is an EXCELLENT cut.  I've had my share of the albums (don't have the 30th though) and the 2016 blows them all away.  
    Have both the 30th and 2016. I prefer the 30th, hard to explain why though.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Word is it's hard to track.. I'd love to own one some day, the question is whether it's materially better than the '16?  Is it worth chasing down and spending $100 plus for it?  

How's the mix and sound on Rust in Peace?  Holy Wars has one of the best riffs in any song ever.  His solo kills in it too.
    I’m going to listen to it tonight. Holy Wars is my favourite 90s heavy metal song. Love that riff too! It’s on 180g wax so I’m hoping it’s awesome. 
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Word is it's hard to track.. I'd love to own one some day, the question is whether it's materially better than the '16?  Is it worth chasing down and spending $100 plus for it?  
    Naw, I don't think its worth an additional $100 if you enjoy the 2016. Not enough of a difference to warrant that $$$ in my mind. Only thing that make some seek out the 30th is it was an all analog cut by KG.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Naw, I don't think its worth an additional $100 if you enjoy the 2016. Not enough of a difference to warrant that $$$ in my mind. Only thing that make some seek out the 30th is it was an all analog cut by KG.
    Did you preorder A Love Supreme 45rpm?
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No, I didn't. If I remember right, it was backordered or something.. just didn't take the time. Would love a copy of that, though, since my copy is a VERY average reissue.
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Turns out I have the 2008 Limited Edition release according to Discogs.  Sounds brickwalled to me. Im a little disappointed. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    For the jazz lovers, this was announced on pre sale..never before released and cut by Kevin Grey.  21 bucks after shipping.  I’m sure it will sound amazing.  Art Blakey and th eJazz Messengers

http://www.bluenote.com/art-blakey-jazz-messengers-just-coolin-april-24/

pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

I broke down and bought a copy, arrived yesterday.  Sounds like heaven! Fantastic pressing!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

I broke down and bought a copy, arrived yesterday.  Sounds like heaven! Fantastic pressing!
    Yes it's amazing.. topped only by the actual performance. 
    mrussel1 said:
    For the jazz lovers, this was announced on pre sale..never before released and cut by Kevin Grey.  21 bucks after shipping.  I’m sure it will sound amazing.  Art Blakey and th eJazz Messengers

Dammit!  I had to order a copy!  Thanks for the heads up!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    mrussel1 said:

Dammit!  I had to order a copy!  Thanks for the heads up!
    At that price,  how can you pass on a KG record.
    mrussel1 said:
    Turns out I have the 2008 Limited Edition release according to Discogs.  Sounds brickwalled to me. Im a little disappointed. 
    Get the 16. Available on Amazon.  You won't be disappointed 
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No, I didn't. If I remember right, it was backordered or something.. just didn't take the time. Would love a copy of that, though, since my copy is a VERY average reissue.
    Back ordered but I called and they felt they were getting approval to press soon.  Who knows now though!
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Get the 16. Available on Amazon.  You won't be disappointed 
    Ok. I’ll sell this POS to a local record shop for 10 bucks.