Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

1636465666769»

Comments

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    the ignore feature is still there. click on their username, there is a white box that defaults to "message", but you can click on the box next to it and pull it down to switch it to ignore. 
    Awesome, thanks! 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Hey Mods, Why isn't there an Annual Singles and DEEP magazine FAQ? The mods respond to some questions but they never seem to help out this situation or thread. No one seems to care in the whole Pearl Jam camp. The lack of communication is pathetic by all parties involved.
    I would believe, they do not have a good (honest) answer that would not expose how badly this has been handled by the band.
    I also believe this to be true but at the same time they haven't offered a good (honest) apology either. Whether they are breaking any consumer laws or not, this is a piss poor way to treat the fan club and if it isn't illegal in some way, it should be.

As for the AG closing the case, that isn't entirely true. The AG closed the "informal complaint resolution process". However, if I emailed them today, they would once again ask the Ten Club to respond under the same case number. The Ten Club took the low road last time and refused to respond. We do not know what or if there has been any other communication between the AG and the Ten Club. The AG says, "It is our policy to neither confirm nor deny the existence of an ongoing investigation." I doubt there is an investigation happening. The Ten Club & Pearl Jam have taken advantage of the members by not sending what we have paid for in a timely manner but they've also not communicated a proper apology or timeline which is just pathetic.

I’m guessing the Attorney General has their hands full right now with Washington State being an epicenter of this pandemic for the US. 
    Still: Source for it being considered "nonsense"  ?
    Look two posts up. It was closed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    just send out a copy of the new album- over and done with.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    The one thing we can be sure of... a class action lawsuit would end any hope of Ever getting the singles. 

If an attorney convinced a senile judge that the claim was valid there would be a monetary award. They couldn’t compel the band to make the singles. So some law firm will get a couple hundred grand and the rest of us will get a check for 45 cents two years later.  

So by all means... press on with this madness. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Hey Mods, Why isn't there an Annual Singles and DEEP magazine FAQ? The mods respond to some questions but they never seem to help out this situation or thread. No one seems to care in the whole Pearl Jam camp. The lack of communication is pathetic by all parties involved.
    I would believe, they do not have a good (honest) answer that would not expose how badly this has been handled by the band.
    I also believe this to be true but at the same time they haven't offered a good (honest) apology either. Whether they are breaking any consumer laws or not, this is a piss poor way to treat the fan club and if it isn't illegal in some way, it should be.

As for the AG closing the case, that isn't entirely true. The AG closed the "informal complaint resolution process". However, if I emailed them today, they would once again ask the Ten Club to respond under the same case number. The Ten Club took the low road last time and refused to respond. We do not know what or if there has been any other communication between the AG and the Ten Club. The AG says, "It is our policy to neither confirm nor deny the existence of an ongoing investigation." I doubt there is an investigation happening. The Ten Club & Pearl Jam have taken advantage of the members by not sending what we have paid for in a timely manner but they've also not communicated a proper apology or timeline which is just pathetic.

I’m guessing the Attorney General has their hands full right now with Washington State being an epicenter of this pandemic for the US. 
    Still: Source for it being considered "nonsense"  ?
    I think its pretty clear that his source is his opinion. It is a waste of time to argue with someone who believes their opinion is a fact. The AG can not confirm or deny any investigation until charges have been filed publicly. Has it been closed or was it ever opened in the first place? Unless you work for the AG and are working on the case, or never started one in the first place, you wouldn't know.

Regarding a class action lawsuit, no one is actually pursuing that. Was it talked about? Of course. The Ten Club and Pearl Jam have only left 2 options on the table. The first is to sit and wait quietly. The second is to speak to an attorney to inquire if they've broken any laws and see what options are left. Once again, unless you are an attorney and have a full concept of consumer laws or are willing to research them, we will not know if any law has been broken.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    on2legs said:
    The one thing we can be sure of... a class action lawsuit would end any hope of Ever getting the singles. 

If an attorney convinced a senile judge that the claim was valid there would be a monetary award. They couldn’t compel the band to make the singles. So some law firm will get a couple hundred grand and the rest of us will get a check for 45 cents two years later.  

So do you think it’s a perfectly moral stance and good faith business to take $80 for goods promised and not delivered? 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    on2legs said:

So do you think it’s a perfectly moral stance and good faith business to take $80 for goods promised and not delivered? 
    I have stated several times in this thread that they have dropped the ball miserably and this situation is terrible customer service.  That is inarguable.  Where I disagree is the fuss being made and the ridiculousness of the person who called the attorney general.  

Also... it’s not $80.  It’s $10.  

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    on2legs said:
    static111 said:
    on2legs said:

I have stated several times in this thread that they have dropped the ball miserably and this situation is terrible customer service.  That is inarguable.  Where I disagree is the fuss being made and the ridiculousness of the person who called the attorney general.  

Also... it’s not $80.  It’s $10.  
    then I've been wildly overpaying all these years. 

I don't see much ado about anything with the AG comments. Nothing will ever come of it, and a miniscule minority even suggested it should have gone that far. Could it? Yes, of course. Class action lawsuits have been made over much less money. Should it? Well, in my opinion, no. 

Not sure why it gets you so bloody worked up to the point of being obsessed about this thread. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Under review
    Personal attacks and name calling are not ok.
    Please see the Posting Guidelines.

This discussion has been closed.