Uncle Joe Biden

Comments

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    my2hands said:
    Not a big fan of Uncle Joe's comments... made me cringe... he can do better 
    I can understand him thinking it because Trump is an open mouth projectile vomiting on a daily basis but, I wish he hadn't said it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    unsung said:
    Joe should stop worrying about Trump and take care of his kid.  
    What kid you speak of ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I love that he said it. It's childish and poorly thought out, but so too is the guy 63 million Americans voted into the White House. Comments like this don't make me cringe. Obviously focus-grouped language that a politician likely doesn't believe themselves makes me cringe. We've had enough of that. At least I have.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JimmyV said:
    I love that he said it. It's childish and poorly thought out, but so too is the guy 63 million Americans voted into the White House. Comments like this don't make me cringe. Obviously focus-grouped language that a politician likely doesn't believe themselves makes me cringe. We've had enough of that. At least I have.
    Sorry, we get enough of that with Trump.
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:
    You think Trump's language is focus-grouped? You think it's scripted in any way? C'mon.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JimmyV said:
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:
    You think Trump's language is focus-grouped? You think it's scripted in any way? C'mon.
    You missed my point. 
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    What kid you speak of ..
    The one that had an affair with his dead brother's wife, the same that got kicked out of the military for being a junkie.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    What kid you speak of ..
    The one that had an affair with his dead brother's wife, the same that got kicked out of the military for being a junkie.
    Is it really our concern what consenting adults do? With all the criticisms we could make of Donald Trump his adultery isn't high on my personal list. The Hunter/Hallie Biden thing is weird, no doubt, but it also has zero impact on my life.

Also, @unsung, is Trump now obligated to take care of his son as he goes through a divorce due to an extramarital affair? Is that the standard you will be holding him to? The fathers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their adult sons?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/joe-biden-shares-his-own-losses-parkland-victims-families-n859441

WASHINGTON — The event that took Joe Biden to the Palm Beach-area town of Wellington last Tuesday was close to his heart — a fundraiser for the foundation established in the name of his late son, dedicated to protecting young children. What drew Fred Guttenberg to meet Biden there was the connection he now shared with the former vice president, as a father who had lost a child far too soon.

Guttenberg 's 14-year-old daughter, Jaime, was one of 17 people killed in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman High School in Parkland, Florida on Valentine's Day. And on Tuesday night, he became the latest parent of one of those victims to spend a few moments in conversation with the former vice president, who has twice faced his own deep private losses in the public spotlight.

Over the course of 45 minutes, Biden spoke with Guttenberg and the father of another victim “about loss — his, ours, how to get through it,” Guttenberg said in an interview. At one point, Biden asked a mutual acquaintance to leave the room so the three men could have an even more personal conversation.

“It was honestly, one of the most healing moments that I’ve had in the last five weeks,” Guttenberg said.

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    JimmyV said:
    Also, @unsung, is Trump now obligated to take care of his son as he goes through a divorce due to an extramarital affair? Is that the standard you will be holding him to? The fathers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their adult sons?

If so then Unsung's hero did a piss poor job raising his son.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    What kid you speak of ..
    Ok ibet his involved way more than you know and Joe has lost more than most people have to endure in their entire life i'd say he's done a good job with the hands that have been dealt to him ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I totally understand Joe's comment about beating Trump up behind the gym. It obviously wasn't a literal statement, and I think even those who know that are still taking it too literally. I think the real meaning behind his comment is 100% spot on, and I think the terms he used to point it out are really very apt. The only thing I wish was that everyone wasn't so sensitive about these kinds of comments, knowing it's not meant literally.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Seems like a good day to bump this thread. I'm not sure Joe is the right answer in 2020, but he is going to be the answer. 

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    PJ_Soul said:
    I totally understand Joe's comment about beating Trump up behind the gym. It obviously wasn't a literal statement, and I think even those who know that are still taking it too literally. I think the real meaning behind his comment is 100% spot on, and I think the terms he used to point it out are really very apt. The only thing I wish was that everyone wasn't so sensitive about these kinds of comments, knowing it's not meant literally.
    I was thinking about this the other day. Trump is not to be reasoned with. Trump supporters are not to be reasoned with.

I would like to see on the first debate Biden come out and just suck or punch Trump right in the f****** jaw. Nothing more than some good old-fashioned knock-down drag-out politics. That's not a hyperbole or an analogy or anything. I want to see Joe Biden punch Donald Trump right in the nose.

Biden's support would go through the roof across the aisle.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was thinking about this the other day. Trump is not to be reasoned with. Trump supporters are not to be reasoned with.

I would like to see on the first debate Biden come out and just suck or punch Trump right in the f****** jaw. Nothing more than some good old-fashioned knock-down drag-out politics. That's not a hyperbole or an analogy or anything. I want to see Joe Biden punch Donald Trump right in the nose.

And he is totally capable of that.  I can't wait....pull up some of his debates with Paul Ryan, sit back and relax.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

And he is totally capable of that.  I can't wait....pull up some of his debates with Paul Ryan, sit back and relax.
    well that WAS 8 years ago.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

oh ye of little faith

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Paul Ryan sitting there with the most punchable face in America looking like a deer in the headlights was great TV.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    JimmyV said:
    Paul Ryan sitting there with the most punchable face in America looking like a deer in the headlights was great TV.
    A punchable face? More like a hit-with-a-baseball-batable face....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    JimmyV said:

Bing Bang Boom

mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

oh ye of little faith
    well he has had an adrenaline shot from this week.  I think we'll see something closer to the Joe we are familiar with.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Bing Bang Boom
    leave little eddie muenster alone....

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

And the last awe inspiring PJ album was longer than that. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

oh ye of little faith
    well he has had an adrenaline shot from this week.  I think we'll see something closer to the Joe we are familiar with.

Biden needs to stuff his face with jelly fish and concentrate on "fewer words" and shorter answers at the debates.
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

And the last awe inspiring PJ album was longer than that. 
    oooh, speaking of which....

19 days .....

He had swagger against Ryan. A "maybe someday kid, but not today" vibe. 

I just can't wait for tRump to mention "corruption" and Hunter Biden at a debate and the onslaught of corruption examples that Biden will respond with.

Of course that assumes tRump agrees to a debate.  I don't think he will.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    I just can't wait for tRump to mention "corruption" and Hunter Biden at a debate and the onslaught of corruption examples that Biden will respond with.

I can't believe there's people that think this. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

I can't believe there's people that think this. 
    Right? It's like the people who think he'll ignore subpoenas or refuse to release his taxes.