OTTAWA > Roll Call (First Post Updated)

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Usually for the hockey games there that’s correct. If your that early you should get in without paying. Unless they block off the lots.
    getting out is a bitch, there is no simple exit. Lots of traffic.
    i took my little guy to a game last month and we waited 15 mins for the logjam to die Down.

If the after party is happening at the same Wishlist Foundation PreParty at the arena, we will just hang out there for a while till the traffic dies down
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Usually for the hockey games there that’s correct. If your that early you should get in without paying. Unless they block off the lots.
    getting out is a bitch, there is no simple exit. Lots of traffic.
    i took my little guy to a game last month and we waited 15 mins for the logjam to die Down.
    For Americans a 15 minute wait leaving sporting events/concerts is a joke...they’re used to waiting an hour or two leaving large stadium lots or amphitheatre lots. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    https://www.facebook.com/10696482913/posts/10157168160247914/

Our Ottawa preparty fundraiser is coming up quickly!  Got donations for this incredible event?  Visit https://tinyurl.com/wldonate and fill out the form!

Got to speak with the President of the Capital City Condors today! Bring on the donations so we can raise lots of money for this great cause!

#wishlistPJ #PearlJam #condorsottawa
    #pjottawa #ottawapreparty #ottawapreparty2020 #VitalogyFoundation
    #biggerthanhockey #hockeyisforeveryone #inclusivehockey
    https://m.facebook.com/events/571361186924864?view=permalink&id=592092328185083

🎉Amazing news, we have our first sponsor! They will be supporting the organising team & our Preparty needs.
    As aTen Club member for 27 years, helping us out was never in doubt.

🎼The owners of Brew Revolution are music lovers who host vinyl sales, have live music, spin vinyl & use music as inspiration to name their beers after. 🎶
    Support a local business who also supports our community & go check it out. They always have events going on, including a Pearl Jam/90's karaoke, at the suggestion of a Wishlist follower.

~   Welcome aboard Brew Revolution  ~

Brew Revolution  Pearl Jam Ottawa Capital City Condors 
    #pjottawa #ottawapreparty #ottawapreparty2020 #VitalogyFoundation #capitalcitycondors #biggerthanhockey #hockeyisforeveryone #inclusivehockey

A big shout out to the folks at Long & McQuade (Kanata) for their generous donation of a Fender soprano ukulele complete with gig bag. The uke is now being customized as is tradition to represent our great beneficiary the Capital City Condors! Spoiler alert......black, red, and white!

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    demetrios said:

A big shout out to the folks at Long & McQuade (Kanata) for their generous donation of a Fender soprano ukulele complete with gig bag. The uke is now being customized as is tradition to represent our great beneficiary the Capital City Condors! Spoiler alert......black, red, and white!

Awesome!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
     We are happy to announce that the location of the Wishlist Foundation PreParty Fundraiser is Bert's Bar! Bert's has been a gracious host for the parties in 2016 and 2011 and we cannot wait to be working with them again! The best part? They're located at the venue! No need to make the journey from the pre-party to the show, as you're right there!

This time our local beneficiary is the Capital City Condors, a group truly making hockey for everyone! If you have any questions, concerns, or DONATIONS, please reach out to myself or Cathy Paine!

More to come in the coming days - 31 days left!!

• 🤟🇨🇦🤟🇨🇦🤟🇨🇦🤟
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    frick. now what. go to the preparty at the venue or get the free shuttle from that other bar I registered at?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited February 2020
    We are IN For preparty at Berts... especially since we're staying close to the Venue that night (Staying Downtown the first night). Will be nice to just walk into the show when we're ready. 

Updated the first post. 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • frick. now what. go to the preparty at the venue or get the free shuttle from that other bar I registered at?
    I'm thinking the free shuttle out/back is too good not to do because my hotel is downtown area. I went to the preparty 2016 at Berts. It was fun, but I remember it being insanely tight and full to the walls. Food was a struggle to get, but the staff worked their butts off to make it a good experience. It was fun but the shuttle is a big draw.
    frick. now what. go to the preparty at the venue or get the free shuttle from that other bar I registered at?
    I'm thinking the free shuttle out/back is too good not to do because my hotel is downtown area. I went to the preparty 2016 at Berts. It was fun, but I remember it being insanely tight and full to the walls. Food was a struggle to get, but the staff worked their butts off to make it a good experience. It was fun but the shuttle is a big draw.
    we're staying in byward market, so I'm thinking the shuttle thing is also the better option. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• frick. now what. go to the preparty at the venue or get the free shuttle from that other bar I registered at?
    we're staying in byward market, so I'm thinking the shuttle thing is also the better option. 
    There are 4 os us so I guess we will team decide as it approaches. I will vote for the shuttle bar. plus that bar looks cool.
    There are 4 os us so I guess we will team decide as it approaches. I will vote for the shuttle bar. plus that bar looks cool.
    i thought it looked kind of empty, just a "cheers" type bar in the middle of an empty room. but i did only see that one pic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    We’re doing Bert’s. Works out well.  Drive up early, freeze in the merch line, over to Bert’s for diner and pre party. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Thanks for whoever just posted their GAs for sale!!!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • zozzoz Posts: 9
    I had reservations at Bert's just in case I wanted to be close before the show, but the shuttle is sounding very tempting. Thinking we'll be going with that. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    D-Rod said:
    We’re doing Bert’s. Works out well.  Drive up early, freeze in the merch line, over to Bert’s for diner and pre party. 

Doing the same thing too. :) 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    demetrios said:
    D-Rod said:

Doing the same thing too. :) 
    See you there 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Bert’s was a blast in 2016 and will be again.  Best part is no more travelling from pre-game to concert.  You are there!
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Thanks for whoever just posted their GAs for sale!!!
    You got those! Was saying hello to my kids after school...the one time I was not refreshing :(   If anyone else is posting can you PM a heads up or post here or the Fan to Fan for dummies thread? Although one of our own got the anyway..but just to keep it that way :)
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Can anyone shed light on Merch at this venue?
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    JB274988 said:
    Can anyone shed light on Merch at this venue?
    What specifically are you wanting to know? It was inside just in the main doors by will call etc in 2016
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    If someone plans to release a ticket or pair via F2F can you please PM me.  I'd like to be able to time the release.  I tried with my other half's tickets for Hamilton and it worked (but of course released them)!
  • Can someone with floor experience tell me how bad the view will be for someone 5’1 with seats floor C row 5? Have always had side stage seats in the past. Thanks in advance for any info.
  • Day of the show in 2016, they released a bunch of tickets.
    Folding chairs on the players benches were available.
  • Show day is 1st day of spring.  Nothingman?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Show day is 1st day of spring.  Nothingman?
    Thumbing too?
  • PJNB said:
    Show day is 1st day of spring.  Nothingman?
    Thumbing too?
    That'd be amazing!